User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Brian's MBTI?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

25 53.19%
  • INFP

13 27.66%
  • Some Other Type

9 19.15%
First 67891018 Last

Thread: Family Guy

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Peter: ENFP
    Lois: ISFJ
    Brian: INTP
    Stewey: INTJ
    Chris: ISFP
    Meg: ESFJ
    Quagmire: ESTP
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

I think MBTI typing is easier, because you just do it by dichotomy.

Brian: INTP
    Stewie: INTJ
    Peter: ESFP
    Lois: ESFJ
    Quagmire: ESTP
    Meg: ISFJ
    Chris: ISTP
    Cleveland: ENFJ
    Joe: ExTP

Of course then there is also stereotyping, but I'd be just fooling myself wouldn't I? I don't think stereotypes are all that useful.

Anyway, these are just guesses. My socionics typings have a much higher rate of accuracy, as I've been in that realm of typology.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Peter: ESFP, or ESTP (haven't met many ESFP males so it's hard to say but he could be one)

Lois: ESFJ

Stewie: ENTJ, although ESTP is possible...Sometimes it's suprisingly easy to confuse the two types when they've gone wrong...I think he would have to be intuitive though, because to be a baby who can talk and use big words, it would HAVE to be primarily through intuition I would think. ENTJ, probably.

Brian: INTP seems to be general consensus...I buy it.

Chris: ISFP because of that episode where he becomes a famous artist. And his general personality.

Meg: Classic ISFJ I'd think...under-appreciated and often snubbed, despite hard work.

Quagmire: Horny? LOL jk...Maybe. ESTP sounds right, but he's a certain kind of ESTP...Not the bad boy or tough guy type really, just wants to have sex all the time and say "giggity, giggity."
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    Stewie: ENTJ, although ESTP is possible...Sometimes it's suprisingly easy to confuse the two types when they've gone wrong...I think he would have to be intuitive though, because to be a baby who can talk and use big words, it would HAVE to be primarily through intuition I would think. ENTJ, probably.
    That's a weird P.O.V.

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    Chris: ISFP because of that episode where he becomes a famous artist. And his general personality.
    I don't care much for that stereotype of "artist." But I can definitely see how he's a feeler in many episodes.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Chris: ISTP
    Chris as ISTP? Can you explain that one? I see him as ISFP more.

I think MBTI typing is easier, because you just do it by dichotomy.
    You haven't read much into the cognitive functions, have you? :P

Peter - ENFP
    Lois - ISFJ
    Chris - ISFP
    Meg - ESFJ
    Brian - INTP
    Stewie - INTJ
    Joe - ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Chris as ISTP? Can you explain that one? I see him as ISFP more.
    No I don't specifically see him as an ISTP more so than ISFP. ISTP is just a guess. He does also make decisions based on people and feelings, so I'm not all too firm on saying he has to be an ISTP.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    You haven't read much into the cognitive functions, have you? :P
    Wrong. I know what they are and how they manifest. I think people give them too much credit in this theory however, seeing as how vaguely they are explained, understood, and they're contradicted. Dichotomies are more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Joe - ISTJ
    Likewise, a typing like this vanquishes the dichotomies, which are what I'm using.

Riva

I love the mayor (Adam West.)
    I think he is an ENTP.

why?
    It it still not clear whether Adam West is intentionally acting weird or just plain damn stupid.

And he does not act stupid when he is with others does he?

He acts like a Moran when he is alone.
    But in at the end of the day he gets what he wants. (screams ENTP)

If he is putting up an act i think he might be an ENTP.
    We can assume that he has been acting weird for so long that he ended up creating a bipolar personality?

+ it should be noted that he does act like a Moran when he is with others.
    But he does not act like a Moran when he is addressing a LARGE crowd.
    When he does address a large crowd he is extremely manipulative and is not at all awkward.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Wrong. I know what they are and how they manifest. I think people give them too much credit in this theory however, seeing as how vaguely they are explained, understood, and they're contradicted. Dichotomies are more accurate.
    Bingo. Is Socionics really that different to MBTI? I can see Quagmire as a socionics ENTj, and maybe the ESTp for Stewie, but I never realized that the two theories would differ by so much?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

So just for clarification i'm not typing by MBTI or Keirsey...

Peter - ENTp

I can back all of these typings up with evidence and theory.

Secondly, if you need some help with socionics, you can talk to me. I feel I have a pretty good understanding how to type people and can probably help you out.
    As a non Family Guy expert, I was holding Peter as an ENTJ. The apparent 'nonchalance' of that type. All the thread this wasn't mentioned, but you are saying this (as you point him socionics ENTp).
    INtj | 9w1