• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Family Guy

What is Brian's MBTI?

• INTP

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Some Other Type

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After watching homer Simpson today (simpsons movie), I would like to challenge Peter Griffins type. Homer is an ESFP (I think most people agree with that?) and when I try to compare him to an ENFP typing of Peter, just doesnt feel right. Ti vs Fi is what I'm talking about.

I have had very up close observations of a confirmed ESTP for the past year. I dont know what peter's dominant function is, but I think Peter is a Ti user and not a Fi user. He just doesn't seem to have that "this is unconscionable" Fi moments that even Homer Simpson has. When I think about the extroverts who use Ti that I know, they do things more like Peter would do than Homer would do. I know Ti is often associated with being smart and I think that's why people cant accept peter as a Ti user. However, I think he just might be a really REALLY DUMB Ti user and that is where A LOT of the humor lies.

Homer is very able to clarify his values and realize when something is unconscionable. Peter seems to spend more time trying to engage in narcissism and over compensatory maleness that I expect from EXTPs. Its true that someone like Ashton kutcher has moments of dumb scheming, narcissism and overcompensation maleness, but he still has that fluffiness that people expect from an ENFP. Peter just strikes me as being a really really dumb T.

Before we tear down the idea based on the previous 12 pages, can we explore this possibility a little bit?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Stewie: INTJ
Brian: ENTP
Peter: ENFP
Lois: ?????
Chris: ISFP
Meg: ESFP

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Stewie: ENTJ (obvious)
Brian: INTP
Peter: ENTP (Although he's dumb, I don't really see him as an F. He has compassionate moments, but he's very idealistic and thinks of himself first before others, which I see more of as a T)
Louis: ESFJ
Meg: ESFP

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Stewie may have seemed more ENTJ in the older episodes where he was more pressed on world domination/controlling others/that type of thing, but he's changed from that. I would agree with ENTP at least for the newer episodes.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
After watching homer Simpson today (simpsons movie), I would like to challenge Peter Griffins type. Homer is an ESFP (I think most people agree with that?) and when I try to compare him to an ENFP typing of Peter, just doesnt feel right. Ti vs Fi is what I'm talking about.

I have had very up close observations of a confirmed ESTP for the past year. I dont know what peter's dominant function is, but I think Peter is a Ti user and not a Fi user. He just doesn't seem to have that "this is unconscionable" Fi moments that even Homer Simpson has. When I think about the extroverts who use Ti that I know, they do things more like Peter would do than Homer would do. I know Ti is often associated with being smart and I think that's why people cant accept peter as a Ti user. However, I think he just might be a really REALLY DUMB Ti user and that is where A LOT of the humor lies.

Homer is very able to clarify his values and realize when something is unconscionable. Peter seems to spend more time trying to engage in narcissism and over compensatory maleness that I expect from EXTPs. Its true that someone like Ashton kutcher has moments of dumb scheming, narcissism and overcompensation maleness, but he still has that fluffiness that people expect from an ENFP. Peter just strikes me as being a really really dumb T.

Before we tear down the idea based on the previous 12 pages, can we explore this possibility a little bit?

For once I agree with you. I can't fathom how anyone could believe Peter is an NF - he has no fucking soul.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
Main family:
Peter: ESFP
Lois: ENTJ
Stewie: INTJ - I really don't see where everyone's getting the E.
Brian: INxP
Meg: INFP - maybe. Very neurotic and doesn't seem to demonstrate the ISFJ mentality to me.

Others:
Quagmire: ESTP
Joe: ESTJ
Cleveland: ISFP
Adam West: IxFP - very imaginative
Herbert: ISFJ - if it helps, he's not the "healthiest" specimen of this type
Death: ISTP
Mort: ISxJ
Tom Tucker: ENTJ
Bruce: IxFJ - not entirely sure

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Haha! You guys are trying to type FAMILY GUY? They're all XXXX except Peter who's been pretty consistently an asshole ESFP.

P.S. I am exaggerating here, but they've just screwed up the characters so much they are very difficult to type. Just pick ONE episode and type of that and you might have only a few contradictions.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Peter's a ENFP. What are you guys talking about him being a Sensor.

I'll even give him an emotional ENTP.

But he's drooling in Ne.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The first few seasons of family guy:

Peter: an egocentric ENFP. He sows a lot of Ne and in some episode he does regret certain action he did and does possess Fi to a certain extent.

Lois: ESFP, guessing here a little, but in the first few seasons she is probably the most organized and reliable member of the family and shows a more emotional side then in the later seasons.

Brian: either INTP or a very stoic INFP, although I'm more certain that it's the former and not the latter.

Stewie: Real early episodes he seems to be something of an INTJ with what all his mastermind schemes of killing Lois, he does seem to develop slighty into an E and the series progresses.

Chris: ISFP. In the early episodes were he actually has a personality he is shown to be a reserved and artistic person, he also possess both Fi and Se.

Meg: uuuuhhh.... hard to type her as her character wasn't explored all that much but I would guess socially rejected ESFP.

Quagmire: Obvious stereotypical ESTP ruthless sex hound.

Joe: Stereotypical ESTJ cop.

Later seasons of family guy:

Peter: a psychopathic manchild with absolutely no redeeming values to his character, still an ENFP though.

Lois: Becomes more T than F and basicly become a nasaly, annoying, nympho maniac.

Brian: losses his personality and becomes a mouthpiece for Seth's awful political views.

Stewie: His personality shifts as the plot demands it.

Chris: Has no personality.

Meg: a walking butt monkey.

Quagmire: still ESTP.

Joe: still ESTJ.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I think Lois is or at least started off as an ESXJ.

Later on, Stewies personality changes like crazy, it's true, but he seems to be actgually ESFP most of the time, which is really weird considering his INTJ origin.

pwinzy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Others:
Quagmire: ESFP
Cleveland: ISFJ
Joe: XSTP
Bonnie: ISFJ (I guess...)
Herbert: INFJ (Pedo thoughts)
Mayor: ENFP
Jillian: ESFP
Bruce: XXFX
Carter: ENTJ
Consuela: ISFJ (No, I clean)
Tom: ENTP
Diane: INTJ at least on her LATEst appearance

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Peter discovered his low intellect falls slightly below the level for mental retardation.

i think this explains a lot about peter

it's hard to type him at all besides ExxP. if he's N, his Ne is random and sporadic enough that it might as well be Se. there's no difference. if he's S, his Se is so pick-and-choosey and oblivious that it might as well be Ne. both his theoretical Ti and Fi suck. he's not logical but he doesn't have much people awareness either, of himself or others.

:shrug:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Peter- ENFP
Brian- INTP
Stewie- INTJ Flanderized into an ESFP.
Meg- ISFP
Chris- ESFP?
Lois- Obvious ISFJ

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i think this explains a lot about peter

it's hard to type him at all besides ExxP. if he's N, his Ne is random and sporadic enough that it might as well be Se. there's no difference. if he's S, his Se is so pick-and-choosey and oblivious that it might as well be Ne. both his theoretical Ti and Fi suck. he's not logical but he doesn't have much people awareness either, of himself or others.

:shrug:

Yeah, I don't see Peter's Fi. I personally find him to quite possibly be the most disgusting character on the show...I love Stewie's vengeful narcissistic plotting and Brian's drunken bitterness...I can't say I love Quagmire's lounge lizard act, but at least he's consistently a sleaze. Peter is just....I want to hit Peter.

ENTP.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
I think it should be mentioned that Cleveland in Family Guy is very different than Cleveland in The Cleveland Show. I typed him as ISFP for Family Guy, but in his own show he becomes like an ESTJ with all his irrational expectations for Cleveland Jr., but kind of more of an F, but not exactly an ESFJ. Can I have someone's opinion on this?

Also, being an F does not mean he can't be disgusting. In fact, ENFPs are often much more immature and corruptible than ENTPs, although they are better known for valiant and honorable behavior at times. All of which I think describe Peter pretty well. Though I'm not convinced he's an N.

Last edited:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think it should be mentioned that Cleveland in Family Guy is very different than Cleveland in The Cleveland Show. I typed him as ISFP for Family Guy, but in his own show he becomes like an ESTJ with all his irrational expectations for Cleveland Jr., but kind of more of an F, but not exactly an ESFJ. Can I have someone's opinion on this?
Yup thats how he changed.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
A lot of people get the show confused with Peter. The show is Ne, he is not. He isn't N. More than likely he is ESFP.