• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Family Guy

What is Brian's MBTI?

• INTP

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Some Other Type

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i still see stewie as ENTJ.

"evil" entp's often just want to see the world burn...they want to stick a big middle finger to the "systems" they are wrecking/manipulating (ie: the joker/any socially manipulative ENTP)

Stewie seems to be more goal oriented...the fact that he never achieves them/is goofy seems irrelevant to me. ENTJs can be creative as well. I would say they often have a conflict in a desire: creativity (Ni), order (Te)...stewie just seems a bit more on the creative side.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Peter: ENFP
Lois: ESFJ
Meg: ISFJ
Chris: ISFP
Brian: ENTJ

Stewie: INTJ

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I guess Peter being ENFP would explain why he and Brian get along so well!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My take:
Peter - ENFP
Stewie - ENTJ
Brian - INFP
Lois - ESFJ
Chris - ISFP
Meg - ISFJ
Quagmire - ESTP

I think you've gotten it the closest so far.

I'd personally change Stewie to ENTP and Brian to INTP, though...Brian is such an intellectual snob! He rarely has any problem bluntly calling people out when they're wrong--you can tell he's put a lot of effort into learning to respect the feelings of others, but it doesn't seem to have come naturally.

And I agree with whoever said Joe is ESTJ and Cleveland is ISFP.

I think you're spot on with Meg as ISFJ--whoever said ISFP, she's way too neurotic and concerned with public image and community status for that. Not nearly enough of a free spirit to be ISFP.

Also:

Tom Tucker - ENTP
Dianne Simmons - ENTJ
Mayor Adam West - INFJ
Mort & Muriel Goldman - ISFJ
Neil Goldman - INTJ
Carter Pewterschmidt - ENTJ
Mrs. Pewterschmidt - ISTJ
Peter's dad - hilariously ESTJ
Death - ENTP (I always knew...)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Peter- ENFP
Lois- ISFJ
Chris- ISFP
Meg-????
Brian: INTP

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i still see stewie as ENTJ.

"evil" entp's often just want to see the world burn...they want to stick a big middle finger to the "systems" they are wrecking/manipulating (ie: the joker/any socially manipulative ENTP)

Stewie seems to be more goal oriented...the fact that he never achieves them/is goofy seems irrelevant to me. ENTJs can be creative as well. I would say they often have a conflict in a desire: creativity (Ni), order (Te)...stewie just seems a bit more on the creative side.

Wouldn't that make him INTJ, if he's dominant Ni and auxiliary Te?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Peter - ESFP
Lois - ESFJ
Meg - ISFJ
Chris - ISFP
Stewie - INTJ
Brian - INTP

Extended Characters:

Quagmire - ESTP
Cleveland - ISFJ
Loretta - ESTJ
Tom Tucker - ESFP

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Peter - ESFP
Lois - ESFJ
Meg - ISFJ
Chris - ISFP
Stewie - INTJ
Brian - INTP

Extended Characters:

Quagmire - ESTP
Cleveland - ISFJ
Loretta - ESTJ
Tom Tucker - ESFP

Agreed, although Lois *could* be ENFJ.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Peter: ENFP
Lois: ISFJ
Stewey: INTJ
Chris: ISFP
Meg: ESFJ
Quagmire: ESTP

deleted
I think MBTI typing is easier, because you just do it by dichotomy.

Peter: ESFP
Quagmire: ESTP
Meg: ISFJ
Chris: ISTP
Cleveland: ENFJ
Joe: ExTP

Of course then there is also stereotyping, but I'd be just fooling myself wouldn't I? I don't think stereotypes are all that useful.

Anyway, these are just guesses. My socionics typings have a much higher rate of accuracy, as I've been in that realm of typology.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Peter: ESFP, or ESTP (haven't met many ESFP males so it's hard to say but he could be one)

Stewie: ENTJ, although ESTP is possible...Sometimes it's suprisingly easy to confuse the two types when they've gone wrong...I think he would have to be intuitive though, because to be a baby who can talk and use big words, it would HAVE to be primarily through intuition I would think. ENTJ, probably.

Brian: INTP seems to be general consensus...I buy it.

Chris: ISFP because of that episode where he becomes a famous artist. And his general personality.

Meg: Classic ISFJ I'd think...under-appreciated and often snubbed, despite hard work.

Quagmire: Horny? LOL jk...Maybe. ESTP sounds right, but he's a certain kind of ESTP...Not the bad boy or tough guy type really, just wants to have sex all the time and say "giggity, giggity."

deleted
Stewie: ENTJ, although ESTP is possible...Sometimes it's suprisingly easy to confuse the two types when they've gone wrong...I think he would have to be intuitive though, because to be a baby who can talk and use big words, it would HAVE to be primarily through intuition I would think. ENTJ, probably.

That's a weird P.O.V.

Chris: ISFP because of that episode where he becomes a famous artist. And his general personality.

I don't care much for that stereotype of "artist." But I can definitely see how he's a feeler in many episodes.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I think MBTI typing is easier, because you just do it by dichotomy.
You haven't read much into the cognitive functions, have you? :p

Peter - ENFP
Lois - ISFJ
Chris - ISFP
Meg - ESFJ
Brian - INTP
Stewie - INTJ
Joe - ISTJ

deleted
Chris as ISTP? Can you explain that one? I see him as ISFP more.

No I don't specifically see him as an ISTP more so than ISFP. ISTP is just a guess. He does also make decisions based on people and feelings, so I'm not all too firm on saying he has to be an ISTP.

You haven't read much into the cognitive functions, have you? :p

Wrong. I know what they are and how they manifest. I think people give them too much credit in this theory however, seeing as how vaguely they are explained, understood, and they're contradicted. Dichotomies are more accurate.

Joe - ISTJ

Likewise, a typing like this vanquishes the dichotomies, which are what I'm using.

R

Riva

I love the mayor (Adam West.)
I think he is an ENTP.

why?
It it still not clear whether Adam West is intentionally acting weird or just plain damn stupid.

And he does not act stupid when he is with others does he?

He acts like a Moran when he is alone.
But in at the end of the day he gets what he wants. (screams ENTP)

If he is putting up an act i think he might be an ENTP.
We can assume that he has been acting weird for so long that he ended up creating a bipolar personality?

+ it should be noted that he does act like a Moran when he is with others.
But he does not act like a Moran when he is addressing a LARGE crowd.
When he does address a large crowd he is extremely manipulative and is not at all awkward.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wrong. I know what they are and how they manifest. I think people give them too much credit in this theory however, seeing as how vaguely they are explained, understood, and they're contradicted. Dichotomies are more accurate.

Bingo. Is Socionics really that different to MBTI? I can see Quagmire as a socionics ENTj, and maybe the ESTp for Stewie, but I never realized that the two theories would differ by so much?

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
So just for clarification i'm not typing by MBTI or Keirsey...

Peter - ENTp

I can back all of these typings up with evidence and theory.

Secondly, if you need some help with socionics, you can talk to me. I feel I have a pretty good understanding how to type people and can probably help you out.

As a non Family Guy expert, I was holding Peter as an ENTJ. The apparent 'nonchalance' of that type. All the thread this wasn't mentioned, but you are saying this (as you point him socionics ENTp).