User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Brian's MBTI?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

25 53.19%
  • INFP

13 27.66%
  • Some Other Type

9 19.15%
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Guy

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

These are the type of characters id recommend not trying to type. Not that you shouldn't, but they are so at the mercy of the writers.

And yes every character ever written is at the mercy of their writers, but with ones like these in such an anarchy comedy setting where they change from moment to moment it can both be hard and easy to identify them at the same time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Type the following Characters-

Peter Griffin-ESXP
    Lois Griffin-ENFJ
    Chris Griffin- XSXP
    Meg Griffin-INTP!
    Stewie- INTJ
    Brian- INFP

For extra credit-
    Joe Swanson (paraplegic cop) XSTJ
    Glenn Quagmire
    Cleveland Brown
    I've decided that Stewie is definitely an ISTJ, not an INTJ as he is commonly considered. I know this because Stewie's personality is highly influenced by his earlier childhood/babyhood. ISTJs will often cite childhood influences for being the way they are as adults. For Stewie, this influence was his complete consciousness of being held "captive" in Lois's womb for 9 long interminable months.

But of course! That was my victory day. The fruition of my deeply-laid plans to escape from that cursed ovarian bastille. Return the device, woman!

Also, Stewie like other ISTJs is extremely averse to changes in his environment and departures from the norm. And like other ISTJs, he is very demanding, and very critical of those around him.

For a real life example of how ISTJs cite childhood influences, an ISTJ friend of mine once confided in me the reason for his skeptical attitude. When he was around 7 or 8 years old a friend of his told him that he had been in the Vietnam War. My ISTJ friend at the time believed this preposterous lie. But when he found out it was a lie, he made an oath to himself never to be fooled again. As a result, he is totally annoying as an adult, constantly finding fault with everything he is told by others where there is no absolute proof of it.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I'd like to update the list of characters types in the OP:
    "Peter Griffin-ESXP" - ESTP
    "Lois Griffin-ENFJ" - Not ENFJ. Lois is playing the stable housewife/piano teacher role now but she has a shady past consisting of wild sexual antics and drug use. She will backslide on occasion, but she mostly keeps the antics in the bedroom with her husband Peter and doesn't do drugs anymore. She was semi-popular in high school. Lois is an ESFJ.
    "Chris Griffin- XSXP" - ISFP
    "Meg Griffin-INTP!" - No way. Just, no way.
    "Stewie- INTJ" - ISTJ, as explained in my post above.
    "Brian- INFP" - Correct for a change.
    "Joe Swanson (paraplegic cop) XSTJ" - ESTJ
    "Glenn Quagmire" - ESFP. His Se lifestyle is somewhat offset by his Fi value system as can be seen in episodes where he suddenly takes the higher moral ground.
    "Cleveland Brown" - ISFP
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Might Stewie perhaps be an extrovert? He's rather charming, confident, funny and talkative to be an introvert, I feel. Of course, introverts can be all of these as well, but they keep to their own a bit more. Stewie initiates conversations and isn't afraid to say what's on his mind, ever, heck, he even blurts out his death threats sometimes. He always has little comments he isn't afraid at all to say. He seems rather energized by hanging around with people, such as Brian or other people he feels that aren't as competent and poking fun at them. ESTJ/ENTJ? Lois seems more an introvert than he is.
    Also, aren't SJs a typically more complacent type, while NTs are more progressive? Stewie's hardly complacent, he embodies progression and isn't afraid to go against the status quo, which is an ENTJ trait, right?
    Also, ISTJ are the most common type there is and I'm not trying to base it on this alone, but Stewie's a rather unique personality that I don't see every day, if at all (obviously he's a cartoon character, but you get my point).

SJ:
    All Guardians share the following core characteristics:

Guardians pride themselves on being dependable, helpful, and hard-working.
    Guardians make loyal mates, responsible parents, and stabilizing leaders.
    Guardians tend to be dutiful, cautious, humble, and focused on credentials and traditions.
    Guardians are concerned citizens who trust authority, join groups, seek security, prize gratitude, and dream of meting out justice.

NT:
    All Rationals share the following core characteristics:

Rationals tend to be pragmatic, skeptical, self-contained, and focused on problem-solving and systems analysis.
    Rationals pride themselves on being ingenious, independent, and strong willed.
    Rationals make reasonable mates, individualizing parents, and strategic leaders.
    Rationals are even-tempered, they trust logic, yearn for achievement, seek knowledge, prize technology, and dream of understanding how the world works.

Based on this alone, Stewie seems much more like a Rational than a Guardian.
    Stewie hardly cares for being seen as dependable or hard-working, he's more invested in himself than in anyone around him. He does seem to pride himself on the fact of being ingenious and independent and it's to his discomfort when he feels rivaled, he likes being different. Guardians are cautious and humble, Stewie likes to brag and he can be reckless at times. Stewie is skeptical of all, but this can be associated more with a Rational than the cautious nature of a Guardian.
    If anything, Stewie seems more like an ENTJ to me, he gets impatient with incompetence, he's bossy, charismatic, funny, confident, talkative, ingenious and the list goes on.
    Stewie gets things done, he's well-focused, this is a defining trait between Te and Ni positioning. He has ideas and he realizes all of them (Te), while someone who leads with Ni would be a little more scatterbrained by definition, look at all of his inventions and he's had one main goal throughout the whole series it seems and it's killing his mother and it hasn't changed.

Junior Member Array headlessredhead's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

No, Brian isn't actually intelligent enough to be an INTP. He has a basic grasp on knowledge but no desire or thirst for knowledge. It's mostly a facade of intellectual ability. An intp would never be satisfied with the work they've done, but he's always smug and often brags about his "mental prowess". He's also very emotional, not like an infp, but just very reactive. Honestly he's more of an ISTP, maybe ISFP.
    "If you ever look up into the sky, doubting the existence of other worlds, just know that somewhere, a creature is looking up at it's sky, doubting you." -Night Vale

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by headlessredhead View Post
    No, Brian isn't actually intelligent enough to be an INTP. He has a basic grasp on knowledge but no desire or thirst for knowledge. It's mostly a facade of intellectual ability. An intp would never be satisfied with the work they've done, but he's always smug and often brags about his "mental prowess". He's also very emotional, not like an infp, but just very reactive. Honestly he's more of an ISTP, maybe ISFP.
    Ahhh...there's no rules saying INTP are intelligent or ISFP aren't. I agree he may be SP, but because he's largely only one in the room with common sense. He's collected information and knows how to succeed in his endeavors. Plus he has a drinking problem, not that that excludes anyone from intellectual curiosity, several intellectuals in history were alcoholics and it largely made them depressed or dead more than stupid (alcohol doesn't really kill brain cells, it can interrupt synapses in larger amounts, dendrites etc)....an intelligent Se type will hunger for experience or facts, don't confuse way of thinking with ability to think. People think Mike Tyson is an idiot, but he's a boxing genuis, and boxing is actually really hard if you ever tried (I have, sort of).

Senior Member Array Hitoshi-San's Avatar
    MBTI
    idfk
    Enneagram
    6w7

Peter - ESFP
    Lois - ExFJ
    Chris - I wanna say ESFP. Like father, like son, but he's kinda introverted.
    Meg - ISFJ
    Stewie - xNTJ
    Brian - INTP?
    Joe - ESTJ
    Cleveland - IxFx
    Quagmire - yeah he's an ESTP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by headlessredhead View Post
    Being "intelligent enough" is not a signal that Brian isn't an INTP. Brian is an INFP because of the traits he reveals. If he brags about his mental prowess then he might be the 5w4, but only because he is an Iconoclast and all the things that go with it.

Portrait of an INFP

Brian is an intellectual, but only in the sense of being a "liberal arts" personality. And in that sense he is also very pretentious, rather snobbish and aloof. I think he goes along with Stewie's crazy plans because he is somewhat attracted to the dark side of life, much like 5w4 Stephen King.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I don't see Peter being an ESFP when all his feelings are little more than a pretense.

Senior Member Array Studmuffin23's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Peter: ESFP

Lois: ESFJ

Chris: ISFP

Meg: ISFJ, maybe?

Brian: INFJ

Stewie: ENTP

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast