User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Brian's MBTI?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

25 53.19%
  • INFP

13 27.66%
  • Some Other Type

9 19.15%
First 5131415161725 Last

Thread: Family Guy

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

After watching homer Simpson today (simpsons movie), I would like to challenge Peter Griffins type. Homer is an ESFP (I think most people agree with that?) and when I try to compare him to an ENFP typing of Peter, just doesnt feel right. Ti vs Fi is what I'm talking about.

I have had very up close observations of a confirmed ESTP for the past year. I dont know what peter's dominant function is, but I think Peter is a Ti user and not a Fi user. He just doesn't seem to have that "this is unconscionable" Fi moments that even Homer Simpson has. When I think about the extroverts who use Ti that I know, they do things more like Peter would do than Homer would do. I know Ti is often associated with being smart and I think that's why people cant accept peter as a Ti user. However, I think he just might be a really REALLY DUMB Ti user and that is where A LOT of the humor lies.

Homer is very able to clarify his values and realize when something is unconscionable. Peter seems to spend more time trying to engage in narcissism and over compensatory maleness that I expect from EXTPs. Its true that someone like Ashton kutcher has moments of dumb scheming, narcissism and overcompensation maleness, but he still has that fluffiness that people expect from an ENFP. Peter just strikes me as being a really really dumb T.

Before we tear down the idea based on the previous 12 pages, can we explore this possibility a little bit?

MBTI
    INTJ

Stewie: INTJ
    Brian: ENTP
    Peter: ENFP
    Lois: ?????
    Chris: ISFP
    Meg: ESFP

MBTI
    INTJ

Terry Schiavo the Musical? *DEAD*

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Stewie: ENTJ (obvious)
    Brian: INTP
    Peter: ENTP (Although he's dumb, I don't really see him as an F. He has compassionate moments, but he's very idealistic and thinks of himself first before others, which I see more of as a T)
    Louis: ESFJ
    Meg: ESFP

MBTI
    ISTP

Stewie may have seemed more ENTJ in the older episodes where he was more pressed on world domination/controlling others/that type of thing, but he's changed from that. I would agree with ENTP at least for the newer episodes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    After watching homer Simpson today (simpsons movie), I would like to challenge Peter Griffins type. Homer is an ESFP (I think most people agree with that?) and when I try to compare him to an ENFP typing of Peter, just doesnt feel right. Ti vs Fi is what I'm talking about.

I have had very up close observations of a confirmed ESTP for the past year. I dont know what peter's dominant function is, but I think Peter is a Ti user and not a Fi user. He just doesn't seem to have that "this is unconscionable" Fi moments that even Homer Simpson has. When I think about the extroverts who use Ti that I know, they do things more like Peter would do than Homer would do. I know Ti is often associated with being smart and I think that's why people cant accept peter as a Ti user. However, I think he just might be a really REALLY DUMB Ti user and that is where A LOT of the humor lies.

Homer is very able to clarify his values and realize when something is unconscionable. Peter seems to spend more time trying to engage in narcissism and over compensatory maleness that I expect from EXTPs. Its true that someone like Ashton kutcher has moments of dumb scheming, narcissism and overcompensation maleness, but he still has that fluffiness that people expect from an ENFP. Peter just strikes me as being a really really dumb T.

Before we tear down the idea based on the previous 12 pages, can we explore this possibility a little bit?
    For once I agree with you. I can't fathom how anyone could believe Peter is an NF - he has no fucking soul.

Riva

Off topic
    I like the old Stewie better. The new one is just gay.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Off topic
    I like the old Stewie better. The new one is just gay.
    ME TOO.

MBTI
    INFX
    Socionics
    IEI

Main family:
    Peter: ESFP
    Lois: ENTJ
    Stewie: INTJ - I really don't see where everyone's getting the E.
    Brian: INxP
    Meg: INFP - maybe. Very neurotic and doesn't seem to demonstrate the ISFJ mentality to me.

Others:
    Quagmire: ESTP
    Joe: ESTJ
    Cleveland: ISFP
    Adam West: IxFP - very imaginative
    Herbert: ISFJ - if it helps, he's not the "healthiest" specimen of this type
    Death: ISTP
    Mort: ISxJ
    Tom Tucker: ENTJ
    Bruce: IxFJ - not entirely sure

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Haha! You guys are trying to type FAMILY GUY? They're all XXXX except Peter who's been pretty consistently an asshole ESFP.

P.S. I am exaggerating here, but they've just screwed up the characters so much they are very difficult to type. Just pick ONE episode and type of that and you might have only a few contradictions.