• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Family Guy

What is Brian's MBTI?

• INTP

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Some Other Type

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah. What with all his Ti and such....

Ti is more evident in the way he sometimes puts sentences together and plays on people's words. it's more subtle and used in tandem with some sort of Pe

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ti is more evident in the way he sometimes puts sentences together and plays on people's words. it's more subtle and used in tandem with some sort of Pe

lol, okay.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Peter is ENP. Just ENP. He lacks judgement :tongue:

Maybe there is Ti or Fi in there somewhere but I can't recall any examples of either...

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WTF :horor:

In 2008 I said I thought Brian the dog from Family Guy was "strangely attractive"? OMG. Did that comment not seem odd to anyone else perusing the thread? You should have used the :Crazy: emoticon.

:shudder: What a difference a few years make.

I'm thinking now I meant his voice...

Even if he were a human character on a sitcom, not attractive at all. :shudder:

I know I'm only about 23, but I don't believe I've ever had a dramatic change in my taste in people.

KDude

I think... undeveloped ENTP. Nobody told him he could be much more.

S

SingSmileShine

Oh, God. I hope not. I hate that character. It would be rather annoying to say I share the same type as him.

Though, I can say I share the same type as the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Which is pretty rockin'.

sajtoscsaj

MBTI Type
xNTx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Peter: I see in him more N than S, he's stupid but very imaginative. He's an ENFP.
Brian: He's too logical for an INFP, not to mention the liberalism of him. He's totally INTP.
Lois: She's the most controversial character of the show, but on my opinion she's mostly an ESFJ
Chris: ISFP
Meg: (unpopular) ESFP
Stewie: INTJ for sure, but it not mean 'too serious' or 'humorless'. I love him!:D

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
These are the type of characters id recommend not trying to type. Not that you shouldn't, but they are so at the mercy of the writers.

And yes every character ever written is at the mercy of their writers, but with ones like these in such an anarchy comedy setting where they change from moment to moment it can both be hard and easy to identify them at the same time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type the following Characters-

Peter Griffin-ESXP
Lois Griffin-ENFJ
Chris Griffin- XSXP
Meg Griffin-INTP!
Stewie- INTJ
Brian- INFP

For extra credit- :)
Joe Swanson (paraplegic cop) XSTJ
Glenn Quagmire
Cleveland Brown

I've decided that Stewie is definitely an ISTJ, not an INTJ as he is commonly considered. I know this because Stewie's personality is highly influenced by his earlier childhood/babyhood. ISTJs will often cite childhood influences for being the way they are as adults. For Stewie, this influence was his complete consciousness of being held "captive" in Lois's womb for 9 long interminable months.

But of course! That was my victory day. The fruition of my deeply-laid plans to escape from that cursed ovarian bastille. Return the device, woman!​

Also, Stewie like other ISTJs is extremely averse to changes in his environment and departures from the norm. And like other ISTJs, he is very demanding, and very critical of those around him.

For a real life example of how ISTJs cite childhood influences, an ISTJ friend of mine once confided in me the reason for his skeptical attitude. When he was around 7 or 8 years old a friend of his told him that he had been in the Vietnam War. My ISTJ friend at the time believed this preposterous lie. But when he found out it was a lie, he made an oath to himself never to be fooled again. As a result, he is totally annoying as an adult, constantly finding fault with everything he is told by others where there is no absolute proof of it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd like to update the list of characters types in the OP:
"Peter Griffin-ESXP" - ESTP
"Lois Griffin-ENFJ" - Not ENFJ. Lois is playing the stable housewife/piano teacher role now but she has a shady past consisting of wild sexual antics and drug use. She will backslide on occasion, but she mostly keeps the antics in the bedroom with her husband Peter and doesn't do drugs anymore. She was semi-popular in high school. Lois is an ESFJ.
"Chris Griffin- XSXP" - ISFP
"Meg Griffin-INTP!" - No way. Just, no way.
"Stewie- INTJ" - ISTJ, as explained in my post above.
"Brian- INFP" - Correct for a change.
"Joe Swanson (paraplegic cop) XSTJ" - ESTJ
"Glenn Quagmire" - ESFP. His Se lifestyle is somewhat offset by his Fi value system as can be seen in episodes where he suddenly takes the higher moral ground.
"Cleveland Brown" - ISFP

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Might Stewie perhaps be an extrovert? He's rather charming, confident, funny and talkative to be an introvert, I feel. Of course, introverts can be all of these as well, but they keep to their own a bit more. Stewie initiates conversations and isn't afraid to say what's on his mind, ever, heck, he even blurts out his death threats sometimes. He always has little comments he isn't afraid at all to say. He seems rather energized by hanging around with people, such as Brian or other people he feels that aren't as competent and poking fun at them. ESTJ/ENTJ? Lois seems more an introvert than he is.
Also, aren't SJs a typically more complacent type, while NTs are more progressive? Stewie's hardly complacent, he embodies progression and isn't afraid to go against the status quo, which is an ENTJ trait, right?
Also, ISTJ are the most common type there is and I'm not trying to base it on this alone, but Stewie's a rather unique personality that I don't see every day, if at all (obviously he's a cartoon character, but you get my point).

SJ:
All Guardians share the following core characteristics:

Guardians pride themselves on being dependable, helpful, and hard-working.
Guardians make loyal mates, responsible parents, and stabilizing leaders.
Guardians tend to be dutiful, cautious, humble, and focused on credentials and traditions.
Guardians are concerned citizens who trust authority, join groups, seek security, prize gratitude, and dream of meting out justice.

NT:
All Rationals share the following core characteristics:

Rationals tend to be pragmatic, skeptical, self-contained, and focused on problem-solving and systems analysis.
Rationals pride themselves on being ingenious, independent, and strong willed.
Rationals make reasonable mates, individualizing parents, and strategic leaders.
Rationals are even-tempered, they trust logic, yearn for achievement, seek knowledge, prize technology, and dream of understanding how the world works.

Based on this alone, Stewie seems much more like a Rational than a Guardian.
Stewie hardly cares for being seen as dependable or hard-working, he's more invested in himself than in anyone around him. He does seem to pride himself on the fact of being ingenious and independent and it's to his discomfort when he feels rivaled, he likes being different. Guardians are cautious and humble, Stewie likes to brag and he can be reckless at times. Stewie is skeptical of all, but this can be associated more with a Rational than the cautious nature of a Guardian.
If anything, Stewie seems more like an ENTJ to me, he gets impatient with incompetence, he's bossy, charismatic, funny, confident, talkative, ingenious and the list goes on.
Stewie gets things done, he's well-focused, this is a defining trait between Te and Ni positioning. He has ideas and he realizes all of them (Te), while someone who leads with Ni would be a little more scatterbrained by definition, look at all of his inventions and he's had one main goal throughout the whole series it seems and it's killing his mother and it hasn't changed.

headlessredhead

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, Brian isn't actually intelligent enough to be an INTP. He has a basic grasp on knowledge but no desire or thirst for knowledge. It's mostly a facade of intellectual ability. An intp would never be satisfied with the work they've done, but he's always smug and often brags about his "mental prowess". He's also very emotional, not like an infp, but just very reactive. Honestly he's more of an ISTP, maybe ISFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, Brian isn't actually intelligent enough to be an INTP. He has a basic grasp on knowledge but no desire or thirst for knowledge. It's mostly a facade of intellectual ability. An intp would never be satisfied with the work they've done, but he's always smug and often brags about his "mental prowess". He's also very emotional, not like an infp, but just very reactive. Honestly he's more of an ISTP, maybe ISFP.

Ahhh...there's no rules saying INTP are intelligent or ISFP aren't. I agree he may be SP, but because he's largely only one in the room with common sense. He's collected information and knows how to succeed in his endeavors. Plus he has a drinking problem, not that that excludes anyone from intellectual curiosity, several intellectuals in history were alcoholics and it largely made them depressed or dead more than stupid (alcohol doesn't really kill brain cells, it can interrupt synapses in larger amounts, dendrites etc)....an intelligent Se type will hunger for experience or facts, don't confuse way of thinking with ability to think. People think Mike Tyson is an idiot, but he's a boxing genuis, and boxing is actually really hard if you ever tried (I have, sort of).

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Peter - ESFP
Lois - ExFJ
Chris - I wanna say ESFP. Like father, like son, but he's kinda introverted.
Meg - ISFJ
Stewie - xNTJ
Brian - INTP?
Joe - ESTJ
Cleveland - IxFx
Quagmire - yeah he's an ESTP :newwink:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Being "intelligent enough" is not a signal that Brian isn't an INTP. Brian is an INFP because of the traits he reveals. If he brags about his mental prowess then he might be the 5w4, but only because he is an Iconoclast and all the things that go with it.

Portrait of an INFP

Brian is an intellectual, but only in the sense of being a "liberal arts" personality. And in that sense he is also very pretentious, rather snobbish and aloof. I think he goes along with Stewie's crazy plans because he is somewhat attracted to the dark side of life, much like 5w4 Stephen King.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see Peter being an ESFP when all his feelings are little more than a pretense.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Peter: ESFP

Lois: ESFJ

Chris: ISFP

Meg: ISFJ, maybe?

Brian: INFJ

Stewie: ENTP