User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Brian's MBTI?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

25 53.19%
  • INFP

13 27.66%
  • Some Other Type

9 19.15%
First 91011121321 Last

Thread: Family Guy

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Yeah, but that's all stuff that actually happened. He's not being innovative or coming up with anything original.

And what OneWithSoul said about Brian is absolutely correct. I can't even see why anyone would think he's emotional as opposed to logical, over all the other possible differences in his personality.
    Well, I think it's pretty obvious in the premise to Family Guy that none of those "REMEMBER THAT TIME THIS HAPPENED??" cut scenes actually happened; they're all just Peter imagining silly scenarios with his goofy Ne.

Are you going to argue that these are actually Si just because they're written into the show as "this actually happened", despite the obvious fact that none of these cut scenes ever have ANYTHING to do with the plot at hand or are ever spoken of again?

And by the way...F doesn't mean "emotional" and T doesn't mean "logical." Read up!

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    He is totally not an INFP. He is being liberal and FAIR not necessarily ethical. It's typical of NTs.

He didn't do it because he emotionally and compassionately felt it, he did it because it was the right thing and the fair thing to do. He was stern and protested and this is a common misconception with NFs.

Don't assume he's an INFP because of this.

I am pretty sure he's an INTP.

Plus, an INFP would have been too worried about hurting people along the way. No way is he an F.
    This is an excellent point. Hasn't anyone ever noticed how INFPs consider themselves "highly logical" and INTPs usually consider themselves to have very strong senses of ethics?

This is because Ti and Fi are BOTH logical, just different forms of logic. Ti can lead a lot of TP types to Fi-looking actions because it's still a conscience in the same way that Fi is--the two are much more similar than people think.

"This would result in a clear inconsistency in the logic behind my moral system" can look suspiciously similar to "this makes me upset by directly violating my feeling ethics."

Brian is hilariously INTP. (Yes, there's such a thing as liberal Thinking types!)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Well, I think it's pretty obvious in the premise to Family Guy that none of those "REMEMBER THAT TIME THIS HAPPENED??" cut scenes actually happened; they're all just Peter imagining silly scenarios with his goofy Ne.
    Are you going to argue that these are actually Si just because they're written into the show as "this actually happened", despite the obvious fact that none of these cut scenes ever have ANYTHING to do with the plot at hand or are ever spoken of again?
    I never thought of it that way. It's a fictional show though. It doesn't have to be, and especially in the case of this one, usually isn't, realistic.

I strongly doubt that the writers are writing the show with the MBTI in mind. Like I said before, it doesn't have to make sense, and the way I see it, it's the writers' imagination, not Peter's.
    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    And by the way...F doesn't mean "emotional" and T doesn't mean "logical." Read up!
    (facepalm) Not at you though; at myself. I should've known better. I didn't pick the correct words to use. I was just trying to emphasize how I don't understand why anyone would think he's an F-type at all.

MBTI
    iNFp
    Enneagram
    4w3?

Brian: INTP

Painfully Bipolar

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Koocoomoo View Post
    Brian: INTP
    thankyouforagreeingwithme
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ISTP

I really fail to see how it could be any other way.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I know.

People like to think that brian's type is too obvious, so they getting all objective about it, and scavenger hunting around to pin another type down on him, but in the end they are just wrong and they fail.

Brian is more of an INTP than John Wayne was a rebel without a cause.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    People like to think that brian's type is too obvious, so they getting all objective about it, and scavenger hunting around to pin another type down on him, but in the end they are just wrong and they fail.
    Moot argument since it could be applied to any of this shit.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Here's why Brian can't possibly be an INFP:

Jillian: [vomits]
    Stewie Griffin: Good Lord, Brian, what was that?
    Brian Griffin: Oh, that was just Jillian. She's got this eating disorder, she's bulimic.
    Stewie Griffin: Woah, really?
    Brian Griffin: Yeah, her hair's falling out, and yesterday she just lost a tooth.
    Stewie Griffin: Really?
    Brian Griffin: Yeah, but that purging just makes her look fabulous.
    Brian Griffin: I mean, that's what the supermodels do, and let me tell you, some of them just look so good.
    Jillian: [vomits again, but this time more violently]
    Brian Griffin: Karen Carpenter overdid it, but I think Jillian's found a good balance.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinGreen View Post
    Here's why Brian can't possibly be an INFP:

Jillian: [vomits]
    Stewie Griffin: Good Lord, Brian, what was that?
    Brian Griffin: Oh, that was just Jillian. She's got this eating disorder, she's bulimic.
    Stewie Griffin: Woah, really?
    Brian Griffin: Yeah, her hair's falling out, and yesterday she just lost a tooth.
    Stewie Griffin: Really?
    Brian Griffin: Yeah, but that purging just makes her look fabulous.
    Brian Griffin: I mean, that's what the supermodels do, and let me tell you, some of them just look so good.
    Jillian: [vomits again, but this time more violently]
    Brian Griffin: Karen Carpenter overdid it, but I think Jillian's found a good balance.
    I never knew INFPs all had the same exact value set and sense of humor. Interesting.

Meh. Anyways, no one's ever gonna agree. I should really stop posting in this thread

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I never knew INFPs all had the same exact value set and sense of humor. Interesting.

Meh. Anyways, no one's ever gonna agree. I should really stop posting in this thread
    Sense of humor? I'm an infp and I think it's funny.

Anyway, plenty of people in this thread do agree as far as Brian's type. And the way that Brian callously approaches the problems of his bimbo girlfriend who he keeps around not for emotional support but for his own sexual gratification without regard for her well-being is extremely out of character for an NF. Not saying it doesn't happen, but seriously?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: