User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    CAT

Default Natasha Khan / Bat for Lashes

I admit I know next to nothing about her personal life/beliefs, but her lyrics seem very INFJ to me. (I actually really wonder if it's possible to type someone only based on their works...)

Any thoughts?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yep. I was thinking the same thing from her lyrics: INFJ. I have a magazine lying around with her on the cover. If I ever dig it out and read it, then I will come back with a more informed opinion .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

[YOUTUBE="6oT8l_9sxkk"]Bat for Lashes on IMF[/YOUTUBE]

I agree with INFJ (for about the first time ever). I get an Ni dom vibe from her and her music. I like how she mentions her "mystical, magical creations." And she looks a lot like sanveane, fwiw.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I created a thread for her with the same results: a wonderful INFJ
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I know I'm probably wrong but why is she an INFJ and not an INFP? What is it about her/her songs that you get the J vibe? I can relate to them big time, there very souly-type songs I just wondered where the J came into it?
    <3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    I know I'm probably wrong but why is she an INFJ and not an INFP? What is it about her/her songs that you get the J vibe? I can relate to them big time, there very souly-type songs I just wondered where the J came into it?
    I suppose INFP could be a possibility, but she would have to be one very proficient in Ni (and there seems to be some that are). I think pretty much all INFs and/or Enneagram 4s could relate to her though. But I say INFJ because she seems Ni dominant, rather than Fi dominant; she's drawn to the esoteric and mysterious. Her music is essentially all about her imagination and visions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I suppose INFP could be a possibility, but she would have to be one very proficient in Ni (and there seems to be some that are). I think pretty much all INFs and/or Enneagram 4s could relate to her though. But I say INFJ because she seems Ni dominant, rather than Fi dominant; she's drawn to the esoteric and mysterious. Her music is essentially all about her imagination and visions.
    But this is what I'm drawn to and how I express myself through creating :/
    <3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    But this is what I'm drawn to and how I express myself through creating :/
    Do you? I would think an INFP would focus on their feelings more and trying to invoke those. But I'm not sure I know any INFP musicians. Ah well. Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts.

MBTI
    CAT

Actually, just like Soar337, when I first heard her songs I also thought she was INFP, because a lot of her images and visions perfectly resonated with my own imagination; therefore I wouldn't say that this is what distinguishes Ne from Ni (even though I'm far from being an expert on this). However, later I found that even though the form seemed very familiar, the content somewhat did not. I hope this won't reveal any deep prejudice on my side, but it seem to me that NFJs I know seem to have a different view on love and relationships than NFPs I know (including myself).

It seems to me that young NFJs seek very deep and mysterious passion, and when they don't see this 'perfection' in their love interest, it's either quite hard for them to truly fall in love with that person, because they don't find them 'worthy' of their deep love, or, when the relationship is already established, but 'the magic has gone', they move on and seek for the magic somewhere else; and that is what I see reflected in Natasha Khan's lyrics.

I realize this is very arguable but from what I've observed, INFPs have a tendency to become deeply loyal to their parner over time even if they find out their not 'ideal', because they will overlook their mistakes and deeply focus on their qualities, which is what prevents them from 'moving on' to seek another 'ideal'. That is perhaps why Khan seems a little 'flighty' to me, even though she's certainly not.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yes, that makes sense Space Oddity. I think I'm very loyal too. I also find it weird how Natasha has different identities (Pearl and Prescilla) I like how it's part of a story but this could also be a J trait...
    <3