User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 24

  1. #11
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Actually, just like Soar337, when I first heard her songs I also thought she was INFP, because a lot of her images and visions perfectly resonated with my own imagination [...]
    The thing is, just because you feel you can relate to an artist/person, doesn't mean they are your type. You have to take yourself out of the equation and look at it objectively. Or else every artist you can relate to will be your type, or close to it. There are plenty of songs that I think "I could've wrote that," but that doesn't make the artist or songwriter INFJ. People have similarities that have nothing to do with type.

  2. #12
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    The thing is, just because you feel you can relate to an artist/person, doesn't mean they are your type. You have to take yourself out of the equation and look at it objectively. Or else every artist you can relate to will be your type, or close to it. There are plenty of songs that I think "I could've wrote that," but that doesn't make the artist or songwriter INFJ. People have similarities that have nothing to do with type.
    no, it just makes them the same or a very similar enneagram type. i relate to 4w5 and 5w4 in almost all contexts. they want to go to very similar places. yet they process information in a different way, their attentions are differently distributed, etc.

    at this point i won't think of one without the other. there is too much missing in the articulation of personality with just myers briggs type. if you are trying to predict social and communicative compatibility, direction, etc.

    and of course you can also absorb and emulate others you have known. which gives you a little angel-devil voice inside your head vying for attention, the final sway on the juries verdict, your own interpretation, your team of wall street brokers trying to make their deals, etc. i identify with aspects of personalities and persons who have greatly affected my way of seeing the world, understanding myself, judging (relating) both logically and holistically, etc.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    The thing is, just because you feel you can relate to an artist/person, doesn't mean they are your type. You have to take yourself out of the equation and look at it objectively. Or else every artist you can relate to will be your type, or close to it. There are plenty of songs that I think "I could've wrote that," but that doesn't make the artist or songwriter INFJ. People have similarities that have nothing to do with type.
    I can see your point, Lauren Ashley, but I agree only partially. I know it's pretty stupid how some people try to type others only according to how they subjectively view the type or depending on similarities they see in the typed person's characteristics (which often have absolutely nothing to do with type) and their own, but I actually do try to take myself out of the equation and look at it objectively. However, in my opinion, if one wants to give it a try and type someone one doesn't know personally, there are only two things that could help them: 1) general similarity of that person to people one knows and has typed accurately (and I'd say there's really nothing much but a 'feeling' to rely on in this case, so I wouldn't condemn feelings that much , as well as comparison of general traits), 2) the way how cognitive functions are reflected in that person's works/words, eventually pointing to 1) anyway.

    In my opinion, typing artists is a pretty difficult and deceitful business (and in the end there's no one to confirm the result anyway), but I'm trying to get the hang of it with the help of 1) and 2). I'll be glad to hear about any new method (I'm still learning after all ), but I'd like to stress that I'm already far from typing people only by 'feeling', but for me, comparison has proven as a good way of typing, if done correctly.

  4. #14
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    ^Oh, that was just a general comment, and not so much directed towards you.

  5. #15
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post

    I agree with INFJ (for about the first time ever). I get an Ni dom vibe from her and her music. I like how she mentions her "mystical, magical creations." And she looks a lot like sanveane, fwiw.
    Haha, thank you! She actually looks very much like my sister too in this I/V.

    Hmm, I definitely get the INFJ vibe from her. She sounds like her process was very systematic and it is a familiar one to me. (I remember doing almost exactly the same in terms of scrapbooking and having many, varied, definite references when I was designing some business cards for a friend as a bit of a lark. I do the same when I'm writing and I want to be in mind of something and when I rennovated an apartment, though in that case it's not so unusual.)

    But what makes me think J rather than P is the way that she qualified that she welcomed happy accidents as a secondary consideration during the recording process. It puts me in mind of a J who doesn't typically count on happy accidents, lol. Would be very interesting to hear the opinions of INFPs though, especially OrangeAppled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Actually, just like Soar337, when I first heard her songs I also thought she was INFP, because a lot of her images and visions perfectly resonated with my own imagination; therefore I wouldn't say that this is what distinguishes Ne from Ni (even though I'm far from being an expert on this). However, later I found that even though the form seemed very familiar, the content somewhat did not. I hope this won't reveal any deep prejudice on my side, but it seem to me that NFJs I know seem to have a different view on love and relationships than NFPs I know (including myself).

    It seems to me that young NFJs seek very deep and mysterious passion, and when they don't see this 'perfection' in their love interest, it's either quite hard for them to truly fall in love with that person, because they don't find them 'worthy' of their deep love, or, when the relationship is already established, but 'the magic has gone', they move on and seek for the magic somewhere else; and that is what I see reflected in Natasha Khan's lyrics.

    I realize this is very arguable but from what I've observed, INFPs have a tendency to become deeply loyal to their parner over time even if they find out their not 'ideal', because they will overlook their mistakes and deeply focus on their qualities, which is what prevents them from 'moving on' to seek another 'ideal'. That is perhaps why Khan seems a little 'flighty' to me, even though she's certainly not.
    Dear lord, this is an awful state to be in, very painful and troubling. It is very difficult to give up on the idea of that mystical bonding that feeds all of one's wellsprings. Truly it does come with time and experience but the INFJ imagination and appetite for love and connection in a relationship is so powerful that we can almost taste what that state feels like to the exclusion of the sweet realities of our actual relationships.

    And you describe it just so, it is about weighing someone for worthiness whether we realize it at the time or not. An INFJ would never be happy with someone they have deemed unworthy, even if they stay there will be great unease.

  6. #16
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    She is an INFJ. I feel my internal compass needle orienting.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  7. #17
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    ^Oooh, nice euphemism :p. In that case, we need to hire you out like one of those truffle hogs, there's money in that there talent.

  8. #18
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^Oooh, nice euphemism :p. In that case, we need to hire you out like one of those truffle hogs, there's money in that there talent.
    Pig Toast?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  9. #19
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Scouring the land for INFJs and then making appropriate matches of course.

  10. #20
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Scouring the land for INFJs and then making appropriate matches of course.
    I would want to hide them like Smaug's hoard in a deep cavern and sell access.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Similar Threads

  1. Saudi activist sentenced to 10 years, 1,000 lashes for insulting Islam
    By Tellenbach in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 04:32 AM
  2. Ted Williams' frozen head used for batting practice, says new book
    By paperoceans in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 09:31 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Bat For Lashes
    By Thursday in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 11:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO