User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Does World of Warcraft count? I was introduced to that game recently... Man, I can see why people have severe addiction problems to it.

I'm not a huge gamer but I've always just liked first-person shooters.

edit:
    Are we talking like those old-school role-playing games, like D&D where you write down your traits and all that stuff? No appeal whatsoever. lol

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

so much appeal.

RPGs (both on paper and on computer) are clearly for Ns.
    MMOs are mostly for INs, though I don't like them.

And yeah, FPS' are mainly for the S folks (I wouldn't trade Deus Ex for anything btw).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I appreciate both. I love FPS, far more than MMOs (actually, I quite dislike them). Probably because all the mmos I've played are shallow and revolve around what gear you possess and your statistics strictly. There's a different kind of depth and customization involved with table-top rpgs, and they're fun to play with a group of friends being right there around you.

I think I've repeated myself from earlier though.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I only play rpgs... there's something about the elaborate storyline and beautiful sceneries; it just kinda sucks you in.

But I love simulation games better the Sims does some very bad things to me...
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I personally think that INxPs are most likely to do the whole role-playing thing.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

I would love to play pen and paper RPG's, but alas, I don't know anyone (anyone who is bearable to be around) that plays them.

I used to make characters with a character creator program juuust in case. I spent hours crafting them.

I like video game RPG's like Fable, WOW and Oblivion. But I didn't like Fall Out 3.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I tried a pen-and-paper RPG game once and it was nearly physically painful, I was so bored. I was fairly open to it too, I thought it would be way more fun than it was! I don't understand the appeal at all now.

I play a mmorpg fairlyfrequently right now (warhammer online) , I'm a little addicted...but I have zero interest in the storyline or role-playng with people. It's a lot more focused on strategy than other MMO's I've seen though, which I like.

So...the heavy role-playing may be more N, I don't know. I just know it's not me.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I tried a pen-and-paper RPG game once and it was nearly physically painful, I was so bored. I was fairly open to it too, I thought it would be way more fun than it was! I don't understand the appeal at all now.

Sounds like a crappy DM and lame PC's.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I would say that RPGs are "N" because of the possibilities. For example, P&P games can be wholly created in the imagination with no game guides etc. Computer RPGs have much more flexibility than either platformers or shooters, etc.

For example, in an RPG you might be able to "win" in a scenario by not killing the villian but by stealing his power somehow, turning another faction against him, indirectly harming him economically by cutting his supply line, etc. There's simply much more flexibility in an RPG setting, even a computerized one.

However, "The Brothel for Slating Intellectual Lusts" in Planescape might be more of a "T" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    You need a paper grocery bag full of homemade beef jerky and dandelion wine, and one whiney git that demands to always play a chaotic neutral character and gets killed by the other players by the 5th roll. And it also helps if it's the 80's.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM