First 34567 Last

Thread: Gilmore Girls

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

Yeah, well, I'd agree Lorelai is an ESFP.
    I was going to say that, but everyone in this thread had her as an N, so I thought about it and decided she was. But now I revert back... she certainly expresses herself concretely.

I still think Rory is too sensitive and diplomatic to be a Rational. Compare Rory and Paris.

MBTI
    INTJ

Rory - INFJ
    Lorelai - ESFP...she kind of gets on my nerves.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I feel like Lorelai have an almost other-world quality to her. My ESFP friend may be fun loving but she is also very responsible and practical. One is due to the fact that she grew up with an irresponsible mom and had to be the 'parent' since she was very young. Lorelai is more dreamy and her view on relationships seems rather idealistic to me. She just does not strike me as the down-to-earth, fun-loving ESFP. Her leaving her parents' house at such a young age strikes me as what an Idealist would to, to raise her kid independently and whimsically. And she have odd items in her house, was it a monkey lamp or something, that seems very ENFP, not ESFP. Aren't ESFPs more conventional with their tastes? I actually thought she was ENFJ as she is very good with convincing people to do her biding. And she is quite good with becoming an inn's manager which involves day-day mundane tasks.

If you think about Lorelai and Rory together, Rory took the 'voice of reason' but she may naturally not be that type. She seems INFP to me, but she have a very strong upbringing and was not emotionally traumatized as a child so she is good with dealing with her emotions and not as moody. She was raised to be confident, so she gives off an almost Rational Air, but she is very warm and considerate.

Logan as an ESTP would be her dual.

I have never been able to type Jess.

Dean struck me as ISFJ, with a knack for mechanics because his father is one.

Ah Paris, I love her, haha, quite an ENTJ that one.

Luke to me is ISTJ because he is always picking up after his sister, which is not INTJ at all. INTJs likes to force people to stand up on their own, no? Independence, competence and all. And that whole thing about his uncle who no on liked but he was good about following the funeral arrangements, out of a sense of duty. He is most def. a Guardian, though a rebellious one.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    I feel like Lorelai have an almost other-world quality to her. My ESFP friend may be fun loving but she is also very responsible and practical. One is due to the fact that she grew up with an irresponsible mom and had to be the 'parent' since she was very young. Lorelai is more dreamy and her view on relationships seems rather idealistic to me. She just does not strike me as the down-to-earth, fun-loving ESFP. Her leaving her parents' house at such a young age strikes me as what an Idealist would to, to raise her kid independently and whimsically. And she have odd items in her house, was it a monkey lamp or something, that seems very ENFP, not ESFP. Aren't ESFPs more conventional with their tastes? I actually thought she was ENFJ as she is very good with convincing people to do her biding. And she is quite good with becoming an inn's manager which involves day-day mundane tasks.
    That's a good point too... :confused: I'd still say ENFP over ENFJ - she's too flighty and quirky.

If you think about Lorelai and Rory together, Rory took the 'voice of reason' but she may naturally not be that type. She seems INFP to me, but she have a very strong upbringing and was not emotionally traumatized as a child so she is good with dealing with her emotions and not as moody. She was raised to be confident, so she gives off an almost Rational Air, but she is very warm and considerate.
    I think Rory has to be a J - with her pro con lists and post-dean break up list. She's definitely more of an organiser... not so much as Paris though!
    I'm still convinced she's INFJ more than any other type.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, I am fairly certain in Rory's IxxJness. She doesn't seem like a P at all to me.

MBTI
    JNPB
    Enneagram
    9w1

Jess is a wounded INFP, definitely.. You can't type characters as if they are their perfect selves if they are going through a difficult period. When he comes back with a book written, he seems much happier - artistic expression is highly important to most INFP's happiness.

And as an ENFP, I can say that what I can see of Lorelai's thought process is VERY much like mine. Not at all ESFP. XD It's the thought process that really shows the difference. : )

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yeah, my brother says that Lorelai must be an ENFP because we act so alike. But I don't know...don't ESFPs often get mistaken for ENFPs? I could see frenetic wit being an ESFP trait too. As for the quirky belongings, I tend to think those indicate any type other than SJ, not necessarily an N preference. After all, what ISFP artist would be happy with hum drum lamps?

The thing tipping me away from ENFP is Lorelai's lack of "intellectual" interests. She's smart as could be, absolutely, but while Rory is delving into a philosophical text, Lorelai is reading the biography of a thrash metal rock star.

I really don't know, tho. I'd probably read both. Maybe we should try to type Amy Sherman Palladino, cause I'll bet she puts a lot of herself into her main character.

FigerPuppet

I don't like this show because they talk so fast it's silly. It makes you wonder if they are paid by the number of words they can cram into a minute.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Lorelai - ESFP...she kind of gets on my nerves.
    Mine too.
    She can be cute, but something just bugs me about a thirty something adult acting like a thirteen year old. Same thing with Susan on Desp. Housewives
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape
    Likes Megatron liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

INTJs likes to force people to stand up on their own, no? Independence, competence and all.
    Yes. I told my best friend to not do drugs because she could get caught and now that we're adults, she'd be sentenced heavier. She (an ESFP), didn't really care about the consequences, so I let her be. She was caught two days later and got a DUID (at least that's what I think she'll get). My ISTJ friend said to be supportive of her. I guess it's my instinct to be supportive before it's too late, not after.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape