MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Threads have been merged.

My guesses:

Rory- ISFJ or INFJ. She's mostly even tempered but still a bit sensitive. Rule follower, though not religiously like Paris. And she's like a very nice, very quiet, goody-two shoes type. She's always worried about people being nice and considerate to one another, which seems deliberately Fe.

Lorelai- ENFP or ENFJ. Ive also heard it suggested that she might be ESFP. Personally I'm leaning ENFP just because being scatterbrained + very maana + verbally quick + really sensitive seems more like ENFP than ENFJ. Plus she can get all weird towards the objects of her affection, which seems very Fi. And, finally, she does that NFP thing where she keeps her feelings to herself (though badly) and then explodes later. Oh and she's not really too worried about offending others if her feelings come first.

Luke- ISTP or INTJ. I am iffy on the N because he's so handy-man trade-school-ish.
    Emily- ESFJ. She barely ever gets her daughter's jokes or humor.
    Richard- ISTJ. Quiet rule-follower that likes his quiet time.
    Paris- I/ESTJ.
    Dean- ISTP. He builds cars and has no ambitions. And he's got some anger control issues.
    Jess- INFP. Annoying, though. Whiny.
    Sookie- ESFJ. For sure.
    Taylor- ESFJ. Gone wrong.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

I found here an interesting case for Lorelai as an ESFP, though I'm still divided between ESFP and ENFP:

Kicking Lettuce: Pop Culture Personality Profiling: Gilmore Girls

Actually I agree with most everything this lady says, except maybe Luke as INTJ. He seems sooo SJ to me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

That blog acknowledges that Rory seems SJish. Again, my wife says definite Thinking, but still not sure whether she's going by the earlier series or later, or the whole thing.
    ISTJ's like people being nice and considerate if they were taught people should be that way.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by boondocked View Post
    I found here an interesting case for Lorelai as an ESFP, though I'm still divided between ESFP and ENFP:
    Eh, I don't buy their "case" for her being S. All they say is that (1) she likes to have fun, (2) she doesn't plan, and (3) she talks about pop culture references and other "down to Earth" subjects.

(1) and (2) do not sufficiently distinguish ENFP/ESFP, as both can have such tendencies. (3) is simply false. In the first place, talking in pop culture references is not an indicator of N vs S, especially since pretty much all of the characters do it in this show regardless of their personalities. Secondly, Lorelai likes to talk most about feelings and relationships, not about "down to Earth" topics. She is often bored out of her mind by the "play by play" sensor talk that she gets from her mother or from Sookie (e.g., when Sookie goes on and on about how she made a particular dish, or what happened on a particular date, or when Emily talks about how so and so's son is going to such and such a school). And the love of gossip that site mentioned is misunderstood; Lorelai doesn't like gossip qua gossip, she only likes it insofar as it affords her amusement at the expense of her neighbors and friends, because she likes to make fun of them and finds their absurdity amusing.

I think the "NF leanings" they attribute to her to soften the SFP claim betrays the fact that their argument is pretty weak.

Also, there is no way in hell that Jess is an INTP.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

Well put, Orangey, and well taken. Lorelai must be an ENFP, then. I mean, she can't be J...that's the whole premise of the Lorelai/Rory dynamic. Rory is the responsible one, and Lorelai is finally getting her act together in life and love. Love her

But how can Jess be an INFP? He's sooo clumsy with his feelings, which only shoot, unwillingly, out of his mouth at the worst of all possible times. I always got the sense that he had no idea what he was feeling until somebody or something forced him to take stock. I wouldn't ascribe much of a fantasy life to him either. He seemed too harsh for the rainbowed daydreams typical of the NFP.

Brutally hot, but that's way besides the point

So, set me straight! INFP how?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I agree. I cant imagine Jess being an F at all. Someone tell me how he is anything but INTP.

Laura Lai (whatever spelling) is a poster child for ENFP if I've ever seen one.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    I agree. I cant imagine Jess being an F at all. Someone tell me how he is anything but INTP.
    ENTP. He does love an audience, even if it is for negative attention. And he has his way with women, he's pretty charming when he wants to be. And he does the whole unpredictable crazy idea shit.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

Lorelai Crazy, quippy ENFP
    Rory Reserved and thoughtful INFJ

Luke Loyal and unemotional ISTJ
    Jess Brooding INFP or antagonising INTP

Dean ISxP

Emily Tightly wound ESFJ
    Richard Protective ISFJ
    These two have to be Guardians, and hence the clash with spontaneous and unconventional Lorelai.

Paris Undoubtedly ENTJ
    Logan Spontaneous and fun-loving ESFP who can't hack responsibility
    Christopher Flighty ISFP ... I guess?
    Lane ENFP?
    Zack Chilled ESFP
    Mrs. Kim Overbearing ESTJ

Suki Artistic ESFP
    Jackson Protective ESFJ
    Taylor Controlling ESFJ
    Miss Patty ESFP
    Babette ESFP

April Science nerd ENTP

Man this show has heaps of characters...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Lorelai ESFP - She seems in the moment and connected to the concrete world. She expresses herself concretely.

Rory INTJ - I always thought she was a T because her focus and drive is in the world of ideas. Based on the female INFJs I know, she could also be that type. I don't think a person has to be detached from emotion or sensitivity to be a Rationalist.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)