User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 95

Thread: Gilmore Girls

  1. #21
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Emily Gilmore: ESFJ (can't believe you thought she was anything other than SJ. I mean the Daughters of the Revolution? )
    She comes from a way different generation though, one where no woman worked if she was married (especially The Wife to a hotshot businessman). It makes sense for any sort of J to recognize this organization as a respectable way to leverage power (clearly she's not a xxxP who wouldn't care so much about others' perception). She actually gives off IxTJ vibes to me.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  2. #22
    Member Bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    62

    Default

    weird- when I searched Gilmore girls I didn't find it. Sorry. I guess that's a Search fail for me

    I put Emily as an ENFJ because of her manipulation tactics - I feel they're pretty classic NF. Loreli actually seems to get some of it from her mother, as well. That's also why I wouldn't say she's any sort of xxTx, most of her decisions are based upon if someone's thinking of her or not

    I'd have to actually agree with you on Lane, though. I think ENFP is a better choice for her.
    In my defense, I am a terrible person.

  3. #23
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    I am flabbergasted at Rory's ISFJ. I'd go with like INFJ or even INTP

  4. #24
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    I am flabbergasted at Rory's ISFJ. I'd go with like INFJ or even INTP
    Where is there any evidence for Rory being an N (excluding the dialogue characteristic of the entire show, which every character, even DEAN, exemplifies)? All of her personality habits reinforce ISFJ characteristics; she's an introvert with Fe (always the town participating golden girl).
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  5. #25
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Where is there any evidence for Rory being an N (excluding the dialogue characteristic of the entire show, which every character, even DEAN, exemplifies)? All of her personality habits reinforce ISFJ characteristics; she's an introvert with Fe (always the town participating golden girl).

    The question is, when has Rory EVER shown Si?! She always mocks the traditional things her town does and always ends up going along only to humor someone. She only goes along with Emily's stupid events to keep the peace in the family. I think she entirely fits the NF temperament vibe and she is just so much more of a big picture person, I never see her focus on the details of anything. Plus her conversations with Lorelai are totally Ne/Ni style.

    I'd definitely say INFJ, I can see primary Ni with a secondary Fe.

    And I said INTP originally because she can be extremely insensitive compared to Lorelai (and to Lorelai, many times) and seems like she prefers the rational approach but gives in to the feeling one because everyone in her life is an F

  6. #26
    Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Rory is an INFJ... When the show started she was an INTP, but she later transformed into an INFJ. It is possible that the new writers turned her into an ISFJ... (they changed writers during the last two seasons): because that was when she began to annoy me and she changed into a completely different person, which really bugged me. But she was originally an INFJ. I was a rabid fan girl when the show first came out, which was in 2000... I was probably ten years old. Yup, there is a lot of character development.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

    Read my Blog.

  7. #27
    man-made neptunesnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    I put Emily as an ENFJ because of her manipulation tactics - I feel they're pretty classic NF.
    Oh really?

    And this is coming from an ...ENTP?
    Interesting.
    <swirls moustache>

    Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Rory is an INFJ... When the show started she was an INTP, but she later transformed into an INFJ. It is possible that the new writers turned her into an ISFJ... (they changed writers during the last two seasons): because that was when she began to annoy me and she changed into a completely different person, which really bugged me. But she was originally an INFJ. I was a rabid fan girl when the show first came out, which was in 2000... I was probably ten years old. Yup, there is a lot of character development.
    Oooh, yeah.
    The writers of the sixth? season screwed everything up. I absolutely hated Rory after she went off to college. It was like, "She's doing what? And she's dating who? ...Ew. <flicks off TV>." Can't believe I forgot about the writer change. They ruined our characters .

    I do see your point^, paperoceans. She does appear to have many symptons of INFJness.
    Likes IndyGhost liked this post

  8. #28

    Default

    Rory ISFJ
    Jess INFP
    Dean ESTJ
    Sookie ENFP
    Paris ISTJ

    Not sure on Dean's typing, but everyone else's, pretty sure.

  9. #29
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    What's with the I for Paris? I'd type her ENTJ in a heartbeat. She's ranting at everyone, president of everything, she's the ringleader at Chilton with her own little posse, her Te is showing all over the place as she has this need to succeed at everything and conquer just about anything in her path. There's nothing subtle about that woman, she's blunt to a T and pretty much scary and overwhelming to everyone.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”
    Likes IndyGhost liked this post

  10. #30
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    The question is, when has Rory EVER shown Si?! She always mocks the traditional things her town does and always ends up going along only to humor someone. She only goes along with Emily's stupid events to keep the peace in the family. I think she entirely fits the NF temperament vibe and she is just so much more of a big picture person, I never see her focus on the details of anything. Plus her conversations with Lorelai are totally Ne/Ni style.

    I'd definitely say INFJ, I can see primary Ni with a secondary Fe.

    And I said INTP originally because she can be extremely insensitive compared to Lorelai (and to Lorelai, many times) and seems like she prefers the rational approach but gives in to the feeling one because everyone in her life is an F
    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Where is there any evidence for Rory being an N (excluding the dialogue characteristic of the entire show, which every character, even DEAN, exemplifies)? All of her personality habits reinforce ISFJ characteristics; she's an introvert with Fe (always the town participating golden girl).
    My wife says that Rory is definitely logic oriented. And she looks like a Chart the Course type. I say ISTJ is possible. I'll have to check on S/N, but she looks like a lot of ISTJ's I know. Just like I said for Daria, they do rebel when things sre deemed corrupt or stupid, and they can look like Fe users because of Si and Fi.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Similar Threads

  1. Rory Gilmore Girls character Enneagram Type?
    By liYA in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2014, 05:07 AM
  2. Gilmore Girls
    By entropie in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 10:30 AM
  3. The Your Type Of Girl Test
    By FranG in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 08:35 PM
  4. Happiness, Children, and Are you that one girl?
    By Wolf in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 03:53 PM
  5. Grammar Girl
    By Haight in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 11:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO