• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video Games - MBTI

LewisTheNerd

MBTI Type
intp
Lara Croft: ISTP, or maybe INTP.

Nah theres no way shes an INTP. very few lead characters are INTPs mainly because they would be to lazy to do anything heroic, they would probably just get all there ISTP, INTJ, ENTP and ENTJ friends together and build an army of kick ass battle robots that could be remote controlled using gaming PCs and use them to beat the bad guy.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Kefka is definitely an ENTP. He's basically Final Fantasy's version of the Joker.

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Kingdom Hearts? :) :) ??

Sora: ENFP
Riku: ISTP I guess...
Kairi: ENFJ

Donald: ISTJ
Goofy: ESFP
Mickey: ENFP
Ansem: ENTJ

Axel: ENFJ.....?!
Roxas: ISFP?
Namine: INFP?

Ekeh Mayu

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
Id
I found myself in an interesting comparison of Ezio and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed 2. No I have yet to play the game, but in this video seems to provide a comparison between S and N.
I could be entirely wrong too!
I think Leonardo is typically typed as INTP, whereas in this game it may be something different. I would assume Ezio is ESTP? But that's entirely guessed upon, and I would only be more confident about the sensate. There's a longer video between their interaction in the Gamespot first 40 minutes, and Ezio sits down and kind of dozes off while Leonardo figures the hidden blade schematics.
I'm sure they make a good team.

I think a comparison between Ezio and Altair may be interesting too. As all I know from the upbringings is Ezio is a noble with no prior experience as an assassins, and Altair is a master who just seems to have 'lost' all his possessions in the game.

Here's the video:
YouTube - Assassin's Creed 2 gameplay Ezio & Leonardo da vinci

Ekeh Mayu

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
Id
How on earth does anybody type Link?

Wasn't he intentionally kept as personality-neutral as possible so that players could substitute any personality they wanted in (generally presumed to be their own)?

That's the reason he doesn't speak in the games, though other characters respond as though he has - his exact wording is left up to the imagination.

For all that, though, I saw him as IxFx. Probably INFJ, INFP or ISFP. It depends a bit on the installment, though - windwaker Link is definitely a P; OOT Link could go either way.

Hmm, you're right in that if the player wishes, maybe it is entirely up to interpretation to create the dialogue of Link yourself. It's a good point; and I agree that when playing a typing side that he's probably ISFP. Further discernment must be made between games though if so.
... And definitely excluding the tv series.

What needs to be considered though are the influences, symbols in the game, and I forgot, but umm, moving on before I forget my point.
One of the influences I read though was from the movie Legend, and the character seems someone similar. Not in looks to Tommy Cruise, but in style. The biggest symbol that hits my mind is the Triforce of Courage. That almost seems like the internal struggle an Introverted Feeler has to go through, but I could be wrong. Nonetheless I think the Trifoce is in a large part an internal struggle, especially for Link like in Wind Waker where he just kind of finds himself roped into these situations, which brings me to my next point ---

He has to be introverted. Like in Wind Waker, some of his only expressions (besides swinging and tool interaction) are in his face, and other then that no talking. Perhaps his quest is just to listen? Listen to others. Then do their dirty work!
As for Sensate or Intuitive, I have no reasoning but to assume he's sensate.
I would then assume he was a thinking as his interest and quest to amass and use tools. Although the feelers ethics may be seen in the fact that you cannot kill citizens; however not sure if that's an external or internal things.. Navi does tell him the right and wrong, as long with everyone else telling Link what to do.
And at last I would assume Perceiving, just in how his quests are more led by other people telling him what to do.. I'm fighting myself now as I think for the most part. In A Link to the Past, he doesn't listen to his Uncle.. Oh who knows? (In the beginning, he was laying in bed. =P)

In the functions, i'd say ISFP. For individual assessment of traits, i'd think ISTP.

Maybe Link has no curiosity though other then every owl, fairy, tinker, princess, poe, and child tells him to do things.
He sure did have a curious face though in Wind Waker.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Darth Malak (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) - INTJ
HK-47 (Knights of the Old Republic) - INTP

Darth Malak is an ESTP!!!!!! Look at hows he is used as a character next to reven. He is obvious, unsubtle, brilliant warrior, straight talking agressive, and before the mandalorian wars quite charming thouigh not as much as reven.

HK-47 is on the other hand an INTJ. Same humour, though proccess ect only other possibility would be ENTJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From Star Wars KOTOR

Darth Revan: INTP
Darth Malk: ENTJ
Darth Traya: ISTJ
Darth Sion: ISTJ
Darth Nihilus: INTP

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ekeh Mayu - it's true that Link does as guided by others, but that's less to do with the character and more to do with the fact that, optional side quests aside, the game is linear, while the world is (often) not. They have to have hints that direct the player, or they'd get bored bumbling around trying to stumble upon the next plot-relevant place to go.

I think ISTP is a definite other possibility, though.

Whatever type he is, it's one that gives a stoic impression.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
To be honest I think that the Overmind from Starcraft is an ENTJ. (that thing is too talkative and too direct for an introvert)

Similar can be applyed to Kane from C&C.

False, Kane is not an ENTJ, simply because an ENTJ does not have the balls to do what he did.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Overmind ENFJ
Tassadar ENTP
Arcturus ENTJ
Kerrigan : ISTP then INTJ.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
So which type 'has the balls' to do what he did? :mellow:

Whichever type that has the balls to break the law, destroy governments and have sociopathic tendencies to maniopulate everyone. You think its ENTJs that can do that?

I would say its most likely EXXP.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whichever type that has the balls to break the law, destroy governments and have sociopathic tendencies to maniopulate everyone. You think its ENTJs that can do that?

This is like the ideal ENTJ job description...

I would say its most likely EXXP.

A perciever can hardly be a long-range visionary AND actually get his visions fuflilled. Possible, but not as likely as ENTJ imho.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I found myself in an interesting comparison of Ezio and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed 2. No I have yet to play the game, but in this video seems to provide a comparison between S and N.
I could be entirely wrong too!
I think Leonardo is typically typed as INTP, whereas in this game it may be something different. I would assume Ezio is ESTP? But that's entirely guessed upon, and I would only be more confident about the sensate. There's a longer video between their interaction in the Gamespot first 40 minutes, and Ezio sits down and kind of dozes off while Leonardo figures the hidden blade schematics.
I'm sure they make a good team.

I think a comparison between Ezio and Altair may be interesting too. As all I know from the upbringings is Ezio is a noble with no prior experience as an assassins, and Altair is a master who just seems to have 'lost' all his possessions in the game.

Here's the video:
YouTube - Assassin's Creed 2 gameplay Ezio & Leonardo da vinci

I'd wager Altair was ISTP, he was obviously rebellious at some point, but he was also ignorant and impulsive. He was also kind of an asshole to the other assassins in the beginning.

I would try and type Ezio but MY XBOX GOT THE THREE RED RINGS 2 MINUTES INTO PLAYING ACII >:|

MBTI Type
TITS
Enneagram
7w8
If anyone has played Bioshock....

Andrew Ryan - ENTJ?
Fontaine - ENTJ?
Dr.Tenenbaum - INFJ?

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Persona 3 and Persona 4? Why not?
Main Character: INTP
Yukari: ESFJ
Junpei: ESFP
Mitsuru: ENTJ
Akihiko: ISTJ
Fuuka: INTP
Aigis: ISFJ, maybe. Robot.
Koromaru: Dogs don't get typed.
Shinjiro: ISTP
(Villians)
Takaya: ENFJ
Jin: INTJ
Chidori: Too messed up to tell, really. ISFP is a guess.

Persona 4:
Main Character: ENTJ
Yosuke: ENTP
Chie: ESTP
Yukiko: ISFJ
Kanji: ISTJ
Rise: ESFP
Teddie: Also..ESFP..
Naoto: INTJ

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
This is like the ideal ENTJ job description...

A perciever can hardly be a long-range visionary AND actually get his visions fuflilled. Possible, but not as likely as ENTJ imho.

How high do you think Kane's J score is?