• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video Games - MBTI

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I can agree with ISFP. He actually kind of sounds like an ISFP friend of mine who would probably act the same way in a zombie apocalypse. Louis is an optimist for the most part, and yes he seems like a morale-upper to the group (unlike Francis, who holds a fairly sarcastic/pessimistic attitude- who I believe to be an arrogant ESTP).

Yes. Here are my types for the L4D group:

Francis- ESTP
Bill- ISTJ
Zoey- INFP
Louis- ISFP

Sound about right?

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes. Here are my types for the L4D group:

Francis- ESTP
Bill- ISTJ
Zoey- INFP
Louis- ISFP

Sound about right?

yeah, this is almost exactly how I typed them on the first page of this thread. Although I think I had Louis as ESFP and Bill as INTJ, but I think ISTJ fits better.

Zoey is tricky. I could never quite pin if she was INFP or INTP, or even ISTP.

Zoey follows a running theme in Jen Taylor's work in which she portrays strong women who undergo extreme stress and begin to show signs of snapping. For example: Cortana in Halo 2 begins to act erratic after Cairo Station is nearly destroyed, claiming to "like crazy." In F.E.A.R 2, after Top is killed, she—Lt. Stokes—experiences a breakdown and begins pacing back and forth and swearing, unable to handle the situation. In Left 4 Dead, she reacts badly to the Common Infected's enhanced mobility and tries to claim "zombie bullshit" . Afterwards, she begins giggling nervously. Also, when another Survivor dies, she may giggle as she says their name.

she doesn't sound like a feeler most of the time actually. And she was a horror-film enthusiast, sometimes alluding to them in certain situations. She also knows how to use guns without any mention of how. Louis learned at a firing range, Bill is a Green Beret, and Francis was in a gang. Zoey may have learned through observation in watching her horror films or others. The other survivors taught her? individual Ti observation? Not quite sure. I'm assuming she had to have known how to use a weapon before she met with the other survivors.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
yeah, this is almost exactly how I typed them on the first page of this thread. Although I think I had Louis as ESFP and Bill as INTJ, but I think ISTJ fits better.

Zoey is tricky. I could never quite pin if she was INFP or INTP, or even ISTP.

she doesn't sound like a feeler most of the time actually. And she was a horror-film enthusiast, sometimes alluding to them in certain situations. She also knows how to use guns without any mention of how. Louis learned at a firing range, Bill is a Green Beret, and Francis was in a gang. Zoey may have learned through observation in watching her horror films or others. The other survivors taught her? individual Ti observation? Not quite sure. I'm assuming she had to have known how to use a weapon before she met with the other survivors.

Personally I'd rule out ISTP for Zoey, as I doubt she has a sensing preference. She spent all of her time previous to the apocalypse 'in her head', watching horror movies and coming up with potential zombie apocalypses, hence why it actually happening is partially funny. And apparently, she learnt by actually watching all these movies? Which could mean strong N, because she based her real-life knowledge on imagined landscapes.

She could be an INTP, who knows.

JFrombaugh

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
World of Warcraft
King Varian Wrynn - ESTJ
Jaina Proudmoore - INFJ
Thrall - INTJ
Sylvanas Windrunner - ENTJ
Brann Bronzebeard - ESFP
Alexstrasza - INFP
Rhonin - INTJ
Arthas - ISTJ

Mario series
Mario – ISFJ
Luigi - ISFP
Peach – INFP
Bowser – ESTJ
Wario – ESTP
Daisy – ISFP
Toad - ENFP
Professor E. Gadd - INTP

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
World of Warcraft
King Varian Wrynn - ESTJ
Jaina Proudmoore - INFJ
Thrall - INTJ
Brann Bronzebeard - ESFP
Alexstrasza - INFP
Rhonin - INTJ
Arthas - ISTJ

What about Kael'Thas? (WIII)

Anastar

Kingdom Hearts

Sora: ENFP
Riku: ENTJ(1st game)He has vision for the future. He has dreams and thinks in terms of possibilities. He is goal-oriented and has plans. Is very decisive in his decisions.(2nd game)Becomes more introverted, but that could be due to his environment. I would type him as XNTJ.

Kairi: ENFJ

Roxas: INFP(Sora's "other"half)
Axel: ENTP(manipulative and cunning but not without empathy)
Namine: INFJ(Kairi's "other" half)
Mickey: ENFX(was a P before responsibilities of being king)

Donald: ISTJ
Goofy: ESFP

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
did anyone do Left 4 Dead 2? I'm running out of games to make a bad attempt of typing at.

Coach: ESFJ
Ellis: ESFP
Nick: ENTP
Rochelle: can't tell, the developers didn't give her a clear enough personality IMO. She's a news reporter though...maybe xxFJ

LewisTheNerd

MBTI Type
intp
If anyone has played Bioshock....

Andrew Ryan - ENTJ?
Fontaine - ENTJ?
Dr.Tenenbaum - INFJ?

I most certainly have played Bioshock and id ont want to be insulting, but there is no way (in hell, heaven or otherwise) that Ryan is an ENTJ. How many ENTJs do you know of that would be morally opposed to laws in all but the most extreem of situations.

In my opinion Ryan is almost definitely an INTP, one with a signifficant array of mental disorders/illnesses/conditions ect. but certainly an INTP.
The only people i know who would be willing to go anywhere near as far as Ryan did just to make a point (such as burning down his private area of forest when the U.S government tried to establish a public park. or forcing jack to kill him to make a point about free will) are INTPs (myself included on that). The only accurate information you can really get on ryan's personality is in the audiodiaries from before the Rapture civil war, such as his willingness to spend virtually all of his fortune on building what he thought would be a perfect society. or how non conformist he was , directly opposing anything that limited human potential (like i said before the civil war)

With that out of the Way, yea tenenbaum is probably INFJ.

Fontaine is a little tricky.. he kinda strikes me as showing ESTP tendancies but ENTJ could be right.

What about other characters though, I would say that Suchong is likely an INTJ, though possibly ENTJ ( if he has a feeling function at all it is most definitely introverted.

Bill Mcdonagh I would say is probably ISTP his Fe comes out towards the end of the game in his audiodiaries about stopping Ryan

Steinman (before he went Insane) would have been ENTP or INTP just maybe an ENFP but I would need a little convincing. Ne is either dominant or Auxillary whatever he is.

Julie langford showed some INTP traits but im not really sure

If anyone else has played Bioshock I would be Interested to hear some other Ideas or suggestions for other characters

LewisTheNerd

MBTI Type
intp
World of Warcraft
King Varian Wrynn - ESTJ
Jaina Proudmoore - INFJ
Thrall - INTJ
Brann Bronzebeard - ESFP
Alexstrasza - INFP
Rhonin - INTJ
Arthas - ISTJ

Mario series
Mario – ISFJ
Luigi - ISFP
Peach – INFP
Bowser – ESTJ
Wario – ESTP
Daisy – ISFP
Toad - ENFP
Professor E. Gadd - INTP

Mario, a judging type? and your serious?

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I most certainly have played Bioshock and id ont want to be insulting, but there is no way (in hell, heaven or otherwise) that Ryan is an ENTJ. How many ENTJs do you know of that would be morally opposed to laws in all but the most extreem of situations.

In my opinion Ryan is almost definitely an INTP, one with a signifficant array of mental disorders/illnesses/conditions ect. but certainly an INTP.
The only people i know who would be willing to go anywhere near as far as Ryan did just to make a point (such as burning down his private area of forest when the U.S government tried to establish a public park. or forcing jack to kill him to make a point about free will) are INTPs (myself included on that). The only accurate information you can really get on ryan's personality is in the audiodiaries from before the Rapture civil war, such as his willingness to spend virtually all of his fortune on building what he thought would be a perfect society. or how non conformist he was , directly opposing anything that limited human potential (like i said before the civil war)

With that out of the Way, yea tenenbaum is probably INFJ.

Fontaine is a little tricky.. he kinda strikes me as showing ESTP tendancies but ENTJ could be right.

What about other characters though, I would say that Suchong is likely an INTJ, though possibly ENTJ ( if he has a feeling function at all it is most definitely introverted.

Bill Mcdonagh I would say is probably ISTP his Fe comes out towards the end of the game in his audiodiaries about stopping Ryan

Steinman (before he went Insane) would have been ENTP or INTP just maybe an ENFP but I would need a little convincing. Ne is either dominant or Auxillary whatever he is.

Julie langford showed some INTP traits but im not really sure

If anyone else has played Bioshock I would be Interested to hear some other Ideas or suggestions for other characters

Eh, I'd say INTJ for Andrew Ryan. I mean, the guy was basically built on Ayn Rand's philosophy/life. Even his name is a play on hers.
As for making a point, and willingness to sacrifice everything for his ideal society - that's pretty much Fi.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Any thoughts on Gladis from Portal? I know she's a robot but still.... I'd guess completely insane ISFJ :tongue:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Any thoughts on Gladis from Portal? I know she's a robot but still.... I'd guess completely insane ISFJ :tongue:

xSTJ. Definite Te and bad Fi. Continual testing to build data sets in order make references and conclusions, Si. Complete breakdown when pattern is bounced, bad Ne.

Anastar

FFVII

Cloud: INFP(indecisive and doesn't express feelings. If he had obligatory Fe and was an INFJ he would focus on his team more instead of himself and his own personal conflict.) He doesn't feel obligated to stay in contact with his team or support them on a regular basis, is unreliable and not good at expressing himself.
Zack: ENFP
Sephiroth: INTJ
Tifa: INFJ
Aerith: ENFJ

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
FFVII

Cloud: INFP(indecisive and doesn't express feelings. If he had obligatory Fe and was an INFJ he would focus on his team more instead of himself and his own personal conflict.) He doesn't feel obligated to stay in contact with his team or support them on a regular basis, is unreliable and not good at expressing himself.
Cloud - Definitely not an INFP. An ISTP is a more likely choice.
Tifa - XSFP
Aerith - INFJ

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FFVII

Nah.

Cloud- ISTP for basically the reasons you said INFP
Zack- ISFP
Sephiroth- INTJ
Aerith- I always figured INFP, or maybe INFJ. Don't remember, I didn't really care for her or use her.
Barret- ESTP
Rex XIII- INTP
Cait Sith- ISFP
Yuffie- ESFP
Vincent- INTJ (?)

I have no idea for Tifa and Cid.

LewisTheNerd

MBTI Type
intp
Eh, I'd say INTJ for Andrew Ryan. I mean, the guy was basically built on Ayn Rand's philosophy/life. Even his name is a play on hers.
As for making a point, and willingness to sacrifice everything for his ideal society - that's pretty much Fi.

Yeah but what about his whole idea for rapture?
the welcoming video at the start when ur inside the bathysphere, pretty much everything he says there is Ne, you also see some Fe when your entering his office right before you find out all the "would you kindly?" stuff when he is yelling at atlas through the radio.

LewisTheNerd

MBTI Type
intp
If anyone has played Godfather 2

Dominic: ENTJ

Michael Corleone: INTJ

Agent Mitchell: ISTx

these are the only ones i could really figure out but if anyone has any other ideas im interested.