User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 228

  1. #81
    Junior Member Anastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Cloud just never seemed to have the "does it work?" or "fix it" mentality that many ISTP's seem to have. He is not at all grounded or pragmatic and seems to live in a dream-like state as if he is trying to escape from reality. He is dominated by his feelings and they dictate his actions.
    Tifa is responsible and reliable and takes lead and action when needed. She is more structured and has a sense of "duty" about her. She is expressive with her feelings and feels the need to reach out and help those that are in need.

  2. #82
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    tales of symphonia (as a whole, the storyline was the most NF thing I could possibly imagine. highly recommended for any NF looking for a good fantasy game)

    Lloyd: ESFP or ENFP he seems very NF and I have trouble picturing an SP (or any S for that matter) being so idealistic. on the other hand though, he doesn't seem to make nearly enough connections to be ENFP (some of the things he doesn't get I get in like .5 seconds) and is more impulsive than we are (ENFPs can be very impulsive, but usually more with our words than our actions)
    Collette: ESFJ or ENFJ
    Genis: no freaking clue. part of him seems ISFJ, but the other part seems ENTP.
    Zelos: classic ENFP. permiscuous, witty, overly goofy, light hearted, and cocky on the outside, but introspective, insightful, and sensitive on the inside.
    Kratos: INTJ to the core. talks completely rationally about everything, intelligent, unshakably confident
    Raine: something NT. the way she speaks and solves problems suggests NTJ, but her fascination with ruins and technical skills suggest NTP. E/I wise, I would go with E, but she's definitely very balanced
    Regal: ISTJ. just an overall solid dude
    Presea: INTP
    Sheena: ESTJ. not completely sure, but she has than sorta of "I follow the rule but I'm not goody to 2 shoes" sort of aura to her that I see in a lot of ESTJs.
    Rodyle: ENTJ (possibly INTP, but I'm leaning toward ENTJ)
    Pronyma: ESTJ
    Forcystus: ESFJ, ESTJ, or ENFJ
    Kvar: ENTJ or INTJ
    Magnius: ESTJ
    Yuan: INTP? INTJ?
    Mithos: fallen INFP (possibly INFJ, but his shadow is totally ESTJ). NFs are dangerous as hell when they snap (which usually takes a very long time)
    Likes erg liked this post

  3. #83
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anastar View Post
    FFVII

    Cloud: INFP(indecisive and doesn't express feelings. If he had obligatory Fe and was an INFJ he would focus on his team more instead of himself and his own personal conflict.) He doesn't feel obligated to stay in contact with his team or support them on a regular basis, is unreliable and not good at expressing himself.
    Zack: ENFP
    Sephiroth: INTJ
    Tifa: INFJ
    Aerith: ENFJ
    Remember, with FF7, most of the characters are REALLY screwed up for most of the game.

    Cloud: INTP (you've got to look at post-Lifestream Cloud alone)
    Tifa: ESFP
    Barret: ESTJ
    Aerith: INFJ
    Vincent: INTJ
    Yuffie: ESTP
    Cid: ISTP
    Nanaki: ENTP
    Zack: ESTP
    Sephiroth: ISTP (before interaction with Jenova)
    Hojo/Jenova: INTJ

  4. #84
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Oh, and FFVI, my favorite -

    Terra: ISFP
    Locke: ESFP
    Edgar: ENTP
    Sabin: ISTP
    Celes: ISTJ
    Cyan: ESTJ
    Shadow: ISFP
    Gau: ENFP
    Setzer: ENTP
    Strago: ESFJ
    Relm: ESTP
    Mog: ENFJ
    Biggs & Wedge: xSTJ
    Cid: INTJ
    General Leo: ESTJ
    Daryl: ESTP
    Gestahl: ENTJ
    Kefka: INTP (a really, really screwed up one)

  5. #85
    Junior Member Anastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Sephiroth is an INTJ. Have you played Crisis Core? He had a lot of Fi going on there in regards to his friends. He was also very responsible and duty-oriented(J). He was so complex, in a way that ISTP's are not. I know some people confuse ISTP's and INTJ's, but just because he was not crazy in Crisis Core, doesn't mean that he wasn't an INTJ.

    Zack was a total ENFP that wanted to be a hero and champion people. He had a lot of dreams and too many moral values in regards to people that implied Fi(constantly helping people, taking all of the missions of one of his teammates even when he barely knew the guy, etc). You could see his Ne come out because of his chaotic and random nature. He didn't have a practical nature and wasn't materialistic. He loved people and only wanted to help them(there were no ulterior motives).

    Cloud is an INFP. The way he reacts to people implies a very sensitive nature and he is insecure. He avoids conflict because it makes him uncomfortable. He doesn't have the earthy sensuousness and confidence that ISTP's have and is not analytical or logical enough to be an INTP. L from Death Note is a very good example of an INTP, flat expression and without emotion. Cloud is way too feeling-based. He wears his feelings on his face for all to see, he just doesn't verbalize them.

  6. #86
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anastar View Post
    Sephiroth is an INTJ. Have you played Crisis Core? He had a lot of Fi going on there in regards to his friends. He was also very responsible and duty-oriented(J). He was so complex, in a way that ISTP's are not. I know some people confuse ISTP's and INTJ's, but just because he was not crazy in Crisis Core, doesn't mean that he wasn't an INTJ.
    Not counting the compilation material, which runs contrary to pretty much the entire original game. Based on the original game, Sephiroth's only an INTJ if you take the perspective that he was orchestrating the whole deal. I personally don't think he was - Jenova ultimately ran the whole deal, with Hojo contributing in significant ways.

    Zack was a total ENFP that wanted to be a hero and champion people. He had a lot of dreams and too many moral values in regards to people that implied Fi(constantly helping people, taking all of the missions of one of his teammates even when he barely knew the guy, etc). You could see his Ne come out because of his chaotic and random nature. He didn't have a practical nature and wasn't materialistic. He loved people and only wanted to help them(there were no ulterior motives).
    In the game, when he was trying to figure out what to do when he got to Midgar, he settled on being a mercenary. ENFPs aren't mercenaries, not by a long shot. ESTPs on the other hand, are pretty effective mercenaries.

    Cloud is an INFP. The way he reacts to people implies a very sensitive nature and he is insecure. He avoids conflict because it makes him uncomfortable. He doesn't have the earthy sensuousness and confidence that ISTP's have and is not analytical or logical enough to be an INTP. L from Death Note is a very good example of an INTP, flat expression and without emotion. Cloud is way too feeling-based. He wears his feelings on his face for all to see, he just doesn't verbalize them.
    Though I could see INFP for Cloud, I'm still sticking with INTP. First of all, his demeanor for the first portion of the game is a fairly effective representation of an ENTJ shadow. Second, look at his motivations: he wants to prove his greatness and worth in SOLDIER after a lifetime of emotional abuse from his mother. This sort of narcissistic reaction is very much an xNTP thing to do. He was quiet growing up, but he also grew up in the sticks - he wouldn't have had much in the way of stimulation to work with, and the constant browbeating from his mom kept him from thinking he was good at anything. It's only when he gets his memories (tert Si) back, that he's able to bring himself out of his funk, and it isn't his values that ultimately defeat the Jenova cells within him - it's his skill (Ti).

    The only reason not to think he is an INTP is because he isn't all that intellectual - but then again, why would he be, given his background?

  7. #87
    Junior Member Anastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Not counting the compilation material, which runs contrary to pretty much the entire original game. Based on the original game, Sephiroth's only an INTJ if you take the perspective that he was orchestrating the whole deal. I personally don't think he was - Jenova ultimately ran the whole deal, with Hojo contributing in significant ways.



    In the game, when he was trying to figure out what to do when he got to Midgar, he settled on being a mercenary. ENFPs aren't mercenaries, not by a long shot. ESTPs on the other hand, are pretty effective mercenaries.



    Though I could see INFP for Cloud, I'm still sticking with INTP. First of all, his demeanor for the first portion of the game is a fairly effective representation of an ENTJ shadow. Second, look at his motivations: he wants to prove his greatness and worth in SOLDIER after a lifetime of emotional abuse from his mother. This sort of narcissistic reaction is very much an xNTP thing to do. He was quiet growing up, but he also grew up in the sticks - he wouldn't have had much in the way of stimulation to work with, and the constant browbeating from his mom kept him from thinking he was good at anything. It's only when he gets his memories (tert Si) back, that he's able to bring himself out of his funk, and it isn't his values that ultimately defeat the Jenova cells within him - it's his skill (Ti).

    The only reason not to think he is an INTP is because he isn't all that intellectual - but then again, why would he be, given his background?

    The problem here is that his will has been taken over by Jenova and he no longer resembles the person he was prior to their meeting. You have to take into account his environment; the desperation and extreme isolation he felt. In the end he is warped and it is hard to tell what he is anymore(especially in FFVII, an unhealthy version of himself), but in Advent Children I would definitely say INTJ.

    Just because a person is an idealist, doesn't mean that their ideals are right or wrong. Some of the craziest things can be done by idealists. In the end, Zack's dream was to be a hero to people. He loved people and only sought to help them. I'll admit that sometimes his decisions were morally ambiguous, but once again, being an idealist doesn't dictate where one's moral compass lies.

    So an INFP wouldn't want to prove themselves? You're forgetting that he also wanted to impress Tifa. I can almost see Cloud being an INFP enneagram 5(they do exist) Throughout Crisis Core he has a vulnerable quality and many of his actions are based on feelings. He is very inwardly focused. He wants to be close to people and his expressions are honest and open on his face. In FFVII(in the beginning) he is very closed-off. Every time Tifa expresses feelings that might bring conflict, he walks away because he doesn't know how to deal with it. INTP's don't mind conflict or hearing about when a person has a problem with them personally(Fe). Cloud can't deal with it because it hurts his feelings. Ti looks at details and picks things apart. I don't see so much Ti in Cloud. When I spoke of logical, I was talking about decision making. You don't have to necessarily be intellectual to make logical and clear decisions.

  8. #88
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anastar View Post
    The problem here is that his will has been taken over by Jenova and he no longer resembles the person he was prior to their meeting. You have to take into account his environment; the desperation and extreme isolation he felt. In the end he is warped and it is hard to tell what he is anymore(especially in FFVII, an unhealthy version of himself), but in Advent Children I would definitely say INTJ.
    That's fine if you include that surrounding material. I don't, because it's entirely inconsistent with the game itself. It's not supposed to be consistent, because it's a cash grab.

    After meeting Jenova, Sephiroth ceases to have any meaningful personality. He's a puppet, just like she considers anyone with Jenova cells to be.

    Just because a person is an idealist, doesn't mean that their ideals are right or wrong. Some of the craziest things can be done by idealists. In the end, Zack's dream was to be a hero to people. He loved people and only sought to help them. I'll admit that sometimes his decisions were morally ambiguous, but once again, being an idealist doesn't dictate where one's moral compass lies.
    I won't make any speculation based on the outside materials. As far as the game itself, he's an ESTP. He could very well be an ENFP in Crisis Core; I wouldn't know. The characterizations were so inconsistent between the game and the Compilation productions.

    So an INFP wouldn't want to prove themselves? You're forgetting that he also wanted to impress Tifa. I can almost see Cloud being an INFP enneagram 5(they do exist) Throughout Crisis Core he has a vulnerable quality and many of his actions are based on feelings. He is very inwardly focused. He wants to be close to people and his expressions are honest and open on his face. In FFVII(in the beginning) he is very closed-off. Every time Tifa expresses feelings that might bring conflict, he walks away because he doesn't know how to deal with it. INTP's don't mind conflict or hearing about when a person has a problem with them personally(Fe). Cloud can't deal with it because it hurts his feelings. Ti looks at details and picks things apart. I don't see so much Ti in Cloud. When I spoke of logical, I was talking about decision making. You don't have to necessarily be intellectual to make logical and clear decisions.
    Not as much as any xNTP would. We have emotional problems too. Our emotional problems manifest through the sort of indifference you see in Cloud throughout the game. He doesn't want to engage with Tifa because of past rejection, and that through SOLDIER, the only method of conflict resolution he's established is violence. I disagree that INTPs do not mind interpersonal conflict - it's been my experience with the ones I know that it hurts them deeply.

    Cloud definitely shows Ti - the strategy he devises to prove his own self-worth is to beat everyone and be the best SOLDIER ever. Tifa saves him by showing that he's already acted heroically by devising a way to defeat the seemingly-invincible Sephiroth, and beating the best SOLDIER ever.

    Why IN instead of IS? Shadow functions. Also, Cloud shows some impressive strategizing toward the end when he regains himself.

  9. #89
    Junior Member Anastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    That's fine if you include that surrounding material. I don't, because it's entirely inconsistent with the game itself. It's not supposed to be consistent, because it's a cash grab.

    After meeting Jenova, Sephiroth ceases to have any meaningful personality. He's a puppet, just like she considers anyone with Jenova cells to be.



    I won't make any speculation based on the outside materials. As far as the game itself, he's an ESTP. He could very well be an ENFP in Crisis Core; I wouldn't know. The characterizations were so inconsistent between the game and the Compilation productions.



    Not as much as any xNTP would. We have emotional problems too. Our emotional problems manifest through the sort of indifference you see in Cloud throughout the game. He doesn't want to engage with Tifa because of past rejection, and that through SOLDIER, the only method of conflict resolution he's established is violence. I disagree that INTPs do not mind interpersonal conflict - it's been my experience with the ones I know that it hurts them deeply.

    Cloud definitely shows Ti - the strategy he devises to prove his own self-worth is to beat everyone and be the best SOLDIER ever. Tifa saves him by showing that he's already acted heroically by devising a way to defeat the seemingly-invincible Sephiroth, and beating the best SOLDIER ever.

    Why IN instead of IS? Shadow functions. Also, Cloud shows some impressive strategizing toward the end when he regains himself.
    I never meant to imply that XNTP's do not feel or have emotions, only that they're actions are not dictated by them. I agree that in FFVII Cloud can come off as more NT, but I was taking into consideration the compilation as a whole(must be Te)
    In Crisis Core and Advent Children he seems to have an irrational guilt over his very existence, sad as that is. He takes responsibility for failures that are not his own, and doesn't want to save Marlene because he feels that in the end he will fail.
    In FFVII he seems to lead more with his T, possibly due to his lack of memory. It's not that Idealists don't think, only that they make sure to take feelings and values into account before acting. I think it is almost this way with Cloud, who seems to weigh things against his own personal value system.
    Cloud saves himself in the end. If you remember, Cloud "knows what he has to do." He implies that he has been speaking to Aerith and that in the end, his main objective was to "meet her there." It's almost his way of atonement for what he feels he has failed to do in the past. Cloud didn't want to beat Sephiroth just because he wanted to prove he was the best. That would be far too two-dimensional.
    He doesn't want to be a hero or a SOLDIER, he only wants to find peace and harmony within himself, something he is still working towards in Advent Children. He shows indifference only because he doesn't want to bear the responsibility and burden of loss anymore(Zack, Aerith, his hometown,etc.).
    In the end it comes down to how he is feeling. He doesn't want the burden because it hurts too much, and that feeling dictates all of his actions regarding his relationships.
    Anyway, it appears that we are at an impasse, as we are looking at things from two very different perspectives. I look at things as a whole and you only from one part of that whole.

  10. #90
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    That's fine. I'm not a fan of the compilation, so be it.
    Likes erg liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. The Perfect Video Game for Each MBTI Type
    By Introspector in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2017, 04:54 AM
  2. Video: Game Theory and MBTI
    By Merced in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 07:34 PM
  3. VGHS Video Game High School MBTI
    By bilbotook in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2015, 06:32 PM
  4. Types and video games...
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 02:36 PM
  5. "The Darkness" video game review...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 01:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO