• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video Games - MBTI

Anastar

Cloud just never seemed to have the "does it work?" or "fix it" mentality that many ISTP's seem to have. He is not at all grounded or pragmatic and seems to live in a dream-like state as if he is trying to escape from reality. He is dominated by his feelings and they dictate his actions.
Tifa is responsible and reliable and takes lead and action when needed. She is more structured and has a sense of "duty" about her. She is expressive with her feelings and feels the need to reach out and help those that are in need.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
tales of symphonia (as a whole, the storyline was the most NF thing I could possibly imagine. highly recommended for any NF looking for a good fantasy game)

Lloyd: ESFP or ENFP he seems very NF and I have trouble picturing an SP (or any S for that matter) being so idealistic. on the other hand though, he doesn't seem to make nearly enough connections to be ENFP (some of the things he doesn't get I get in like .5 seconds) and is more impulsive than we are (ENFPs can be very impulsive, but usually more with our words than our actions)
Collette: ESFJ or ENFJ
Genis: no freaking clue. part of him seems ISFJ, but the other part seems ENTP.
Zelos: classic ENFP. permiscuous, witty, overly goofy, light hearted, and cocky on the outside, but introspective, insightful, and sensitive on the inside.
Kratos: INTJ to the core. talks completely rationally about everything, intelligent, unshakably confident
Raine: something NT. the way she speaks and solves problems suggests NTJ, but her fascination with ruins and technical skills suggest NTP. E/I wise, I would go with E, but she's definitely very balanced
Regal: ISTJ. just an overall solid dude
Presea: INTP
Sheena: ESTJ. not completely sure, but she has than sorta of "I follow the rule but I'm not goody to 2 shoes" sort of aura to her that I see in a lot of ESTJs.
Rodyle: ENTJ (possibly INTP, but I'm leaning toward ENTJ)
Pronyma: ESTJ
Forcystus: ESFJ, ESTJ, or ENFJ
Kvar: ENTJ or INTJ
Magnius: ESTJ
Yuan: INTP? INTJ?
Mithos: fallen INFP (possibly INFJ, but his shadow is totally ESTJ). NFs are dangerous as hell when they snap (which usually takes a very long time)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
FFVII

Cloud: INFP(indecisive and doesn't express feelings. If he had obligatory Fe and was an INFJ he would focus on his team more instead of himself and his own personal conflict.) He doesn't feel obligated to stay in contact with his team or support them on a regular basis, is unreliable and not good at expressing himself.
Zack: ENFP
Sephiroth: INTJ
Tifa: INFJ
Aerith: ENFJ

Remember, with FF7, most of the characters are REALLY screwed up for most of the game.

Cloud: INTP (you've got to look at post-Lifestream Cloud alone)
Tifa: ESFP
Barret: ESTJ
Aerith: INFJ
Vincent: INTJ
Yuffie: ESTP
Cid: ISTP
Nanaki: ENTP
Zack: ESTP
Sephiroth: ISTP (before interaction with Jenova)
Hojo/Jenova: INTJ

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Oh, and FFVI, my favorite -

Terra: ISFP
Locke: ESFP
Edgar: ENTP
Sabin: ISTP
Celes: ISTJ
Cyan: ESTJ
Shadow: ISFP
Gau: ENFP
Setzer: ENTP
Strago: ESFJ
Relm: ESTP
Mog: ENFJ
Biggs & Wedge: xSTJ
Cid: INTJ
General Leo: ESTJ
Daryl: ESTP
Gestahl: ENTJ
Kefka: INTP (a really, really screwed up one)

Anastar

Sephiroth is an INTJ. Have you played Crisis Core? He had a lot of Fi going on there in regards to his friends. He was also very responsible and duty-oriented(J). He was so complex, in a way that ISTP's are not. I know some people confuse ISTP's and INTJ's, but just because he was not crazy in Crisis Core, doesn't mean that he wasn't an INTJ.

Zack was a total ENFP that wanted to be a hero and champion people. He had a lot of dreams and too many moral values in regards to people that implied Fi(constantly helping people, taking all of the missions of one of his teammates even when he barely knew the guy, etc). You could see his Ne come out because of his chaotic and random nature. He didn't have a practical nature and wasn't materialistic. He loved people and only wanted to help them(there were no ulterior motives).

Cloud is an INFP. The way he reacts to people implies a very sensitive nature and he is insecure. He avoids conflict because it makes him uncomfortable. He doesn't have the earthy sensuousness and confidence that ISTP's have and is not analytical or logical enough to be an INTP. L from Death Note is a very good example of an INTP, flat expression and without emotion. Cloud is way too feeling-based. He wears his feelings on his face for all to see, he just doesn't verbalize them.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Sephiroth is an INTJ. Have you played Crisis Core? He had a lot of Fi going on there in regards to his friends. He was also very responsible and duty-oriented(J). He was so complex, in a way that ISTP's are not. I know some people confuse ISTP's and INTJ's, but just because he was not crazy in Crisis Core, doesn't mean that he wasn't an INTJ.

Not counting the compilation material, which runs contrary to pretty much the entire original game. Based on the original game, Sephiroth's only an INTJ if you take the perspective that he was orchestrating the whole deal. I personally don't think he was - Jenova ultimately ran the whole deal, with Hojo contributing in significant ways.

Zack was a total ENFP that wanted to be a hero and champion people. He had a lot of dreams and too many moral values in regards to people that implied Fi(constantly helping people, taking all of the missions of one of his teammates even when he barely knew the guy, etc). You could see his Ne come out because of his chaotic and random nature. He didn't have a practical nature and wasn't materialistic. He loved people and only wanted to help them(there were no ulterior motives).

In the game, when he was trying to figure out what to do when he got to Midgar, he settled on being a mercenary. ENFPs aren't mercenaries, not by a long shot. ESTPs on the other hand, are pretty effective mercenaries.

Cloud is an INFP. The way he reacts to people implies a very sensitive nature and he is insecure. He avoids conflict because it makes him uncomfortable. He doesn't have the earthy sensuousness and confidence that ISTP's have and is not analytical or logical enough to be an INTP. L from Death Note is a very good example of an INTP, flat expression and without emotion. Cloud is way too feeling-based. He wears his feelings on his face for all to see, he just doesn't verbalize them.

Though I could see INFP for Cloud, I'm still sticking with INTP. First of all, his demeanor for the first portion of the game is a fairly effective representation of an ENTJ shadow. Second, look at his motivations: he wants to prove his greatness and worth in SOLDIER after a lifetime of emotional abuse from his mother. This sort of narcissistic reaction is very much an xNTP thing to do. He was quiet growing up, but he also grew up in the sticks - he wouldn't have had much in the way of stimulation to work with, and the constant browbeating from his mom kept him from thinking he was good at anything. It's only when he gets his memories (tert Si) back, that he's able to bring himself out of his funk, and it isn't his values that ultimately defeat the Jenova cells within him - it's his skill (Ti).

The only reason not to think he is an INTP is because he isn't all that intellectual - but then again, why would he be, given his background?

Anastar

Not counting the compilation material, which runs contrary to pretty much the entire original game. Based on the original game, Sephiroth's only an INTJ if you take the perspective that he was orchestrating the whole deal. I personally don't think he was - Jenova ultimately ran the whole deal, with Hojo contributing in significant ways.

In the game, when he was trying to figure out what to do when he got to Midgar, he settled on being a mercenary. ENFPs aren't mercenaries, not by a long shot. ESTPs on the other hand, are pretty effective mercenaries.

Though I could see INFP for Cloud, I'm still sticking with INTP. First of all, his demeanor for the first portion of the game is a fairly effective representation of an ENTJ shadow. Second, look at his motivations: he wants to prove his greatness and worth in SOLDIER after a lifetime of emotional abuse from his mother. This sort of narcissistic reaction is very much an xNTP thing to do. He was quiet growing up, but he also grew up in the sticks - he wouldn't have had much in the way of stimulation to work with, and the constant browbeating from his mom kept him from thinking he was good at anything. It's only when he gets his memories (tert Si) back, that he's able to bring himself out of his funk, and it isn't his values that ultimately defeat the Jenova cells within him - it's his skill (Ti).

The only reason not to think he is an INTP is because he isn't all that intellectual - but then again, why would he be, given his background?

The problem here is that his will has been taken over by Jenova and he no longer resembles the person he was prior to their meeting. You have to take into account his environment; the desperation and extreme isolation he felt. In the end he is warped and it is hard to tell what he is anymore(especially in FFVII, an unhealthy version of himself), but in Advent Children I would definitely say INTJ.

Just because a person is an idealist, doesn't mean that their ideals are right or wrong. Some of the craziest things can be done by idealists. In the end, Zack's dream was to be a hero to people. He loved people and only sought to help them. I'll admit that sometimes his decisions were morally ambiguous, but once again, being an idealist doesn't dictate where one's moral compass lies.

So an INFP wouldn't want to prove themselves? You're forgetting that he also wanted to impress Tifa. I can almost see Cloud being an INFP enneagram 5(they do exist) Throughout Crisis Core he has a vulnerable quality and many of his actions are based on feelings. He is very inwardly focused. He wants to be close to people and his expressions are honest and open on his face. In FFVII(in the beginning) he is very closed-off. Every time Tifa expresses feelings that might bring conflict, he walks away because he doesn't know how to deal with it. INTP's don't mind conflict or hearing about when a person has a problem with them personally(Fe). Cloud can't deal with it because it hurts his feelings. Ti looks at details and picks things apart. I don't see so much Ti in Cloud. When I spoke of logical, I was talking about decision making. You don't have to necessarily be intellectual to make logical and clear decisions.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
The problem here is that his will has been taken over by Jenova and he no longer resembles the person he was prior to their meeting. You have to take into account his environment; the desperation and extreme isolation he felt. In the end he is warped and it is hard to tell what he is anymore(especially in FFVII, an unhealthy version of himself), but in Advent Children I would definitely say INTJ.

That's fine if you include that surrounding material. I don't, because it's entirely inconsistent with the game itself. It's not supposed to be consistent, because it's a cash grab.

After meeting Jenova, Sephiroth ceases to have any meaningful personality. He's a puppet, just like she considers anyone with Jenova cells to be.

Just because a person is an idealist, doesn't mean that their ideals are right or wrong. Some of the craziest things can be done by idealists. In the end, Zack's dream was to be a hero to people. He loved people and only sought to help them. I'll admit that sometimes his decisions were morally ambiguous, but once again, being an idealist doesn't dictate where one's moral compass lies.

I won't make any speculation based on the outside materials. As far as the game itself, he's an ESTP. He could very well be an ENFP in Crisis Core; I wouldn't know. The characterizations were so inconsistent between the game and the Compilation productions.

So an INFP wouldn't want to prove themselves? You're forgetting that he also wanted to impress Tifa. I can almost see Cloud being an INFP enneagram 5(they do exist) Throughout Crisis Core he has a vulnerable quality and many of his actions are based on feelings. He is very inwardly focused. He wants to be close to people and his expressions are honest and open on his face. In FFVII(in the beginning) he is very closed-off. Every time Tifa expresses feelings that might bring conflict, he walks away because he doesn't know how to deal with it. INTP's don't mind conflict or hearing about when a person has a problem with them personally(Fe). Cloud can't deal with it because it hurts his feelings. Ti looks at details and picks things apart. I don't see so much Ti in Cloud. When I spoke of logical, I was talking about decision making. You don't have to necessarily be intellectual to make logical and clear decisions.

Not as much as any xNTP would. We have emotional problems too. Our emotional problems manifest through the sort of indifference you see in Cloud throughout the game. He doesn't want to engage with Tifa because of past rejection, and that through SOLDIER, the only method of conflict resolution he's established is violence. I disagree that INTPs do not mind interpersonal conflict - it's been my experience with the ones I know that it hurts them deeply.

Cloud definitely shows Ti - the strategy he devises to prove his own self-worth is to beat everyone and be the best SOLDIER ever. Tifa saves him by showing that he's already acted heroically by devising a way to defeat the seemingly-invincible Sephiroth, and beating the best SOLDIER ever.

Why IN instead of IS? Shadow functions. Also, Cloud shows some impressive strategizing toward the end when he regains himself.

Anastar

That's fine if you include that surrounding material. I don't, because it's entirely inconsistent with the game itself. It's not supposed to be consistent, because it's a cash grab.

After meeting Jenova, Sephiroth ceases to have any meaningful personality. He's a puppet, just like she considers anyone with Jenova cells to be.

I won't make any speculation based on the outside materials. As far as the game itself, he's an ESTP. He could very well be an ENFP in Crisis Core; I wouldn't know. The characterizations were so inconsistent between the game and the Compilation productions.

Not as much as any xNTP would. We have emotional problems too. Our emotional problems manifest through the sort of indifference you see in Cloud throughout the game. He doesn't want to engage with Tifa because of past rejection, and that through SOLDIER, the only method of conflict resolution he's established is violence. I disagree that INTPs do not mind interpersonal conflict - it's been my experience with the ones I know that it hurts them deeply.

Cloud definitely shows Ti - the strategy he devises to prove his own self-worth is to beat everyone and be the best SOLDIER ever. Tifa saves him by showing that he's already acted heroically by devising a way to defeat the seemingly-invincible Sephiroth, and beating the best SOLDIER ever.

Why IN instead of IS? Shadow functions. Also, Cloud shows some impressive strategizing toward the end when he regains himself.

I never meant to imply that XNTP's do not feel or have emotions, only that they're actions are not dictated by them. I agree that in FFVII Cloud can come off as more NT, but I was taking into consideration the compilation as a whole(must be Te)
In Crisis Core and Advent Children he seems to have an irrational guilt over his very existence, sad as that is. He takes responsibility for failures that are not his own, and doesn't want to save Marlene because he feels that in the end he will fail.
In FFVII he seems to lead more with his T, possibly due to his lack of memory. It's not that Idealists don't think, only that they make sure to take feelings and values into account before acting. I think it is almost this way with Cloud, who seems to weigh things against his own personal value system.
Cloud saves himself in the end. If you remember, Cloud "knows what he has to do." He implies that he has been speaking to Aerith and that in the end, his main objective was to "meet her there." It's almost his way of atonement for what he feels he has failed to do in the past. Cloud didn't want to beat Sephiroth just because he wanted to prove he was the best. That would be far too two-dimensional.
He doesn't want to be a hero or a SOLDIER, he only wants to find peace and harmony within himself, something he is still working towards in Advent Children. He shows indifference only because he doesn't want to bear the responsibility and burden of loss anymore(Zack, Aerith, his hometown,etc.).
In the end it comes down to how he is feeling. He doesn't want the burden because it hurts too much, and that feeling dictates all of his actions regarding his relationships.
Anyway, it appears that we are at an impasse, as we are looking at things from two very different perspectives. I look at things as a whole and you only from one part of that whole.

Anastar

That's fine. I'm not a fan of the compilation, so be it.

I can't disagree that the spin-offs are just a way to get money, but
tt's not so bad. Crisis Core was actually pretty interesting despite the fact that some events don't really match up. *sighs*

:)

Little_Sticks

I always did like Cloud's character in FF7. He seemed to go from INFJ (childhood) to ISTP (after the debacle with Sephiroth in Nibelheim) to INTP (post-lifestream). You really got to see everything that affected his fictional character. And I get the feeling that after seeing his character in Advent Children that the creators were moving towards making him an INTJ.

What is most interesting though is my pondering of why the creators would orient Cloud through such progressions. I sense some inherent meaning in this. It's either a message from the creators about their perception that with time people grow into their type or personality after much experimentation on finding what they are good at and how they relate to others or a coincidence. But I don't really believe in coincidence.

I once had a history professor that said after about age 25 or so till your 30s, a person's personality becomes very solidified, whereas when we are kids we do a lot of experimentation to see what we are good at and where we belong and are a lot more open to molding ourselves; I wasn't old enough to say whether I thought that was true or not, but being 25 and considering how hard I have tried to be any personality in the last couple of years, I'm finding that what he said to be true for me.

Maybe it has to do with the human mind gathering data on its environment and setting genetic switches and neural supports in response to environmental stimuli and mental states and as we get to a certain point our minds have grown enough and molded a certain psychological skeleton that can not be unconsciously changed. So change must come only but consciously in this sense. Then maybe the saying that people don't change really is true and all we can do is monitor our natural inclinations and find ways to keep them from appearing or hide or mask them if we wish to appear to 'change'. Maybe that means I will always pretty much appear as an asshole to people. Oh well.

Well that was an interesting rant I've gone on from a fictional typing thread, huh?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
^^ I'd say different scenario writers handled different parts of the game, and wrote the protagonist to more closely resemble their own personalities, as most storytellers do.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hm, video-game analyses... Or whatever the plural of 'Analysis' is. Anyway, here's some analyses of star-wars originals. Due to the KotOR 1 characters having been analyzed, I'm leaving out the returning characters and The Exile, since while The Exile is a light-sided woman by canon, the player still controls what she (or he) does.
Scorch (Delta 62): ESTP
Fixer (Delta 40): ISTP
Sev (Delta 07):ISTJ
Boss (Delta 38): ESTJ
Atton Rand: ISTP? (Maybe ESTP)
Bao-Dur: ISTP? (Maybe INTP)
G0-T0: INTJ
Mira: ESTP
Mical: INFP (AKA, The Disciple.)
Brianna: ISTJ (Not enthusiastically, but still ISTJ. AKA, The Handmaiden)
Kreia: ENTJ
And there you have it. I'm still somewhat new to Myers-Briggs Type Indicators, but none the less.

Last edited:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I always saw Kreia as the quintessential INTJ. A bitchy one you can never impress no matter what you do..

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Personally, I'd sooner see G0-T0 as an INTJ-ish person (Or Droid.), but I can see your point, given her limited social interaction and generally cynical (If not practical) attitude. Not to mention the fact that she didn't string along the people she did through persuasion as much as The Force. Also, Red XIII as an INTP?.. Sounds strange. Granted, his relationship with Bugenhagen could suggest some form of scholarly aptitude, but I don't see that much to his personality either way. (Then again, it seems like INTP is what's assigned to anyone with a hard-to-pin-down or nonexistent personality.) Maybe an INFP. I know that he seems somewhat unemotional, but INTP just doesn't make me think 'Red XIII'

Last edited:

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Team fortress 2:
Engineer: ISTP
Soldier: ESTJ
Heavy weapons guy: ISFP
Demoman: ESxP
Medic: ESXJ
Spy: INXJ
Pyro: ? who knows , perhaps ESTP
Sniper: ISFJ
Scout: ENFP

Warcraft:
Arthas: ESTJ
Thrall: XNFJ
Kel'thuzad: INTJ
Adeleas Blackmoore: ENTJ
Jaina:ENFP-INFP
Kil'jaedan: INTJ
Archimonde: ENTJ
Malfurion stormrage: INFP
Grom Hellscream: ESTJ
Gul'dan: INTJ
Doomhammer: EXTJ
Uther Lightbringer: ENFJ
King Varian- ESTJ
Illidan: ENXJ
Almost all dread lords: ENTJ-INTJ

What about Kael'Thas? (WIII)

He striked me as some kind of ISTJ or ESTJ. He faithfully stuck with the humans until they betrayed him and had him and his band of elf survivors imprisoned for treason, fratenizing with hostile races(the naga), by grand marshal Garithos, another ESTJ pompous bigoted ass-clown. The reason why he struck me as STJ, is because he is very Si in his manner of remembering things.

Call of duty: modern warfare 1+2
Gaz: ESTJ.
Soap:ISTJ.
Grigg's:ESXP.
Price: INTP or ISTP.
Valdimir makarov: ISTP or INTJ.
Zakhaev: ESTJ.
Lt.vasquez: ISTJ
Cpt.macmillan: ISTP

GTA IV:
Niko Bellic: ESTx possibly ISFJ
Roman Bellic: ESFP
Mallorie: ESFJ most likely
Vlad: ESTX

Last edited:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Personally, I'd sooner see G0-T0 as an INTJ-ish person (Or Droid.), but I can see your point, given her limited social interaction and generally cynical (If not practical) attitude. Not to mention the fact that she didn't string along the people she did through persuasion as much as The Force. Also, Red XIII as an INTP?.. Sounds strange. Granted, his relationship with Bugenhagen could suggest some form of scholarly aptitude, but I don't see that much to his personality either way. (Then again, it seems like INTP is what's assigned to anyone with a hard-to-pin-down or nonexistent personality.) Maybe an INFP. I know that he seems somewhat unemotional, but INTP just doesn't make me think 'Red XIII'

yeah I think she leads with Ni, although it is easy to say that about force-users.