User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

With the help of a buddy we enneatyped all of the ME2 characters. I'll put in my MBTI opinion just for the sake of the topic (if known. I won't list them if I don't or if there is considerable conflict about their type).

Grunt - 8w9 Sx/So; ISTP
    Wrex - 8w9 Sx/So; ISTP
    Thane - 4w5 Sx/Sp; INFJ
    Miranda - 3w4 So/Sp
    Legion - 5w6 Sp/So
    Jack - 8w7 Sx/So; too f*cked up to tell the MBTI type.
    Mordin - 5w4 So/Sp
    Samara - 1w9 Sp/Sx
    Jacob - 1w9 Sp/So; ISFJ
    Liara - 5w4 Sp/Sx; INTP
    Kaiden - 6w5 Sp/Sx
    Ashley - 7w6 Sx/So; ESTP
    Morinth - 7w8 Sx/So; ESFP
    Kasumi - 3w4 So/Sp; ENFP
    Tali - 5w6 Sp/So; ISTJ
    Joker - 7w6 So/Sx
    Garrus - 2w1 (questionable) Sp/So; ISFP
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Thoughts on GlaDos from Portal? I was thinking along the lines of ISFJ

The ending credits that seemed a little disturbing. [youtube="Y6ljFaKRTrI"]Still Alive[/youtube]
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Alright, ISFJ? I don't really think that fits, reason being, the Meyers-Briggs test shows how someone processes the world, so I would, initially, label her a crazed xNTP. Since I can't seem to place her, I'll resort to individual functions.

Fi: Medium to Strong, acute boredom is her driving force.
    Ni: Weak to Medium, She's a computer, fuzzy parameters aren't her specialty.
    Si: Strong to Very Strong, As a computer GLaDOS is a creature of concept as it relates to the material world.
    Ti: Medium to Strong: Being a computer, you'd think this would be stronger. However, due to her glitchy nature, she seems to use Fi more than Ti.
    Fe: Very, Very, Very weak, Homicidal A.I.s never were good at this.
    Ne: Weak to Medium, blame this on the glitch again, as she was unable to conceive of the player's usage of the backstage area to get away, nor her use of portals to survive. Technically a joint failure of Ne/Ni/Te, but still.
    Se: Dead. As a computer, GLaDOS is incapable of using this function
    Te: Medium to Strong, she was designed as an experimentation computer and as she appears to poorly justify her actions through her original function, some degree of that must still be there.

I/E: I
    S/N: S
    F/T: T
    J/P: P

Well, it could be argued that she's an ISFP but honestly, I say ISTP due to the above.
    Also, 5w4 So/Sp for other typological systems.
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblemonkey View Post
    Alright, ISFJ? I don't really think that fits, reason being, the Meyers-Briggs test shows how someone processes the world, so I would, initially, label her a crazed xNTP. Since I can't seem to place her, I'll resort to individual functions.

Fi: Medium to Strong, acute boredom is her driving force.
    Ni: Weak to Medium, She's a computer, fuzzy parameters aren't her specialty.
    Si: Strong to Very Strong, As a computer GLaDOS is a creature of concept as it relates to the material world.
    Ti: Medium to Strong: Being a computer, you'd think this would be stronger. However, due to her glitchy nature, she seems to use Fi more than Ti.
    Fe: Very, Very, Very weak, Homicidal A.I.s never were good at this.
    Ne: Weak to Medium, blame this on the glitch again, as she was unable to conceive of the player's usage of the backstage area to get away, nor her use of portals to survive. Technically a joint failure of Ne/Ni/Te, but still.
    Se: Dead. As a computer, GLaDOS is incapable of using this function
    Te: Medium to Strong, she was designed as an experimentation computer and as she appears to poorly justify her actions through her original function, some degree of that must still be there.

I/E: I
    S/N: S
    F/T: T
    J/P: P

Well, it could be argued that she's an ISFP but honestly, I say ISTP due to the above.
    Also, 5w4 So/Sp for other typological systems.

I see what you're saying here.

While your desktop computer might be the ultimate Perciever, A.I. including Glados, usually fails pretty bad here because they're almost always built to do something.

I don't really disagree with your function breakdown, but by MBTI theory an IS_P would need to have very good use of Se, which she does not.

I got ISFJ out of her many references to "Cake", "Parties", and "Enrichment Center Associates". She also thinks that it's important not to outright tell you that she is trying to kill you. Fe at work there. As for the Enne. I got a strong impression of 6w5 like anxiousness, but that could just be the glitchyness talking.

Funny how most every A.I. built to emulate human thought slowly becomes psychotic and tries to eliminate us as a species...hmm...
    Last edited by MetalWounds; 08-15-2010 at 01:00 AM.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well, except for the Aurora units... No, wait. Mother Brain might've been one of those. It's kind of unfortunate that we can't do any metroid typing right now... Maybe Other M will solve that problem for us; but I digress, any thoughts on other games?
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.

MBTI
    INFX
    Socionics
    IEI

Bowser is nothing like an ESFJ. I would guess ENTP for him, especially evident in the Paper Mario games.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    King Varian in WoW had a very negative Fe outburst toward Thrall which was downright despicable during the siege on Undercity. I've always related to that. The guy's gone through a lot being held prisoner on some island, cavern prison near Kalimdor.

As another proof of his Fe-ness, one of his taglines talks about him rewarding his friends and punishing his enemies. I'm not saying that he's NFJ or even FJ but rather specifying that in all likelihood he's an Fe user and not Fi.
    He's every inch the quintessential ESTJ comic book hero. The problem with game characters is alot of their expressed characteristic's can sometimes be inconsistent depending on the storylines the writers choose to introduce. And apparently Fe is considered proper of "regal behavior". But if you take a look at how he sticks to principles, his extreme will, goal determination and his irreconcilable and intolerant behavior towards orcs, it's all based on stereotypical STJ style Te usage. So i think Fe expression that you mentioned have more to do with the role of king that he plays rather then his personality. The same kind of Fe expressions and personal motivations is used by Thrall(freeing his people from tyranny, returning to healthier spiritual state, egalitarianism in the horde) even though his manner of dealing with things is Te, 90% of the time. I guess blizzard favors stereotypical "good-will, noble and moral" sort of leadership when creating the ethos for their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    Niko is ISTJ though I do like the idea that he could be INTJ. Regardless, he's very level headed. I'm gonna stick w ISTJ.
    I actually agree with niko being ISTJ. If you look at how he speaks of his background he does it in Si manner.

Other stuff that corroborates the typing:

1. He is stuck in the past and he is unable to let go, which is driving force for him in the first place.
    2. He is extremely determined to reach his ultimate goal of veangance against the traitor.
    3. He looks out and protects his cousin frequently.
    4. He resents American culture and constantly refers to the motherland(A introverted perciever would think twice before making such a grave judgement.
    5.He is very methodical and business-like when dealing with his contacts.
    6. He isn't very big picture oriented, the only time he really speaks in abstracts is when he reflects on his life.
    7. He is reliable, practical, and as the game progresses is hired all over because of his dependability and reputation of getting things done .
    8. He is down-to earth and has a no-bullshit common sense manner.

I guess the determining factor really is the fact that he doesn't use Ni. He is kind of a stereotype of the Balkanian crook.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    TITS
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post

Miranda - 3w4 So/Sp
    Jack - 8w7 Sx/So; too f*cked up to tell the MBTI type.
    Mordin - 5w4 So/Sp
    Miranda seemed ESxJ (although I lean towards ESFJ)
    Jack I'm almost positive was an ISxP of some sort (probably ISTP)
    Mordin is an INTJ

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by GetOffMyBiscuits View Post
    Miranda seemed ESxJ (although I lean towards ESFJ)
    Jack I'm almost positive was an ISxP of some sort (probably ISTP)
    Mordin is an INTJ
    I was leaning toward some kind of SP for jack as well, and I thought Mordin was INTJ as well (but decided not to post because I was debating it at the time myself). As for Miranda, my first impression of her was ESTP; but I really just didn't use her in my party or talk to her at all (I really just don't like her) so I can't really comment.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    TITS
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I was leaning toward some kind of SP for jack as well, and I thought Mordin was INTJ as well (but decided not to post because I was debating it at the time myself). As for Miranda, my first impression of her was ESTP; but I really just didn't use her in my party or talk to her at all (I really just don't like her) so I can't really comment.
    Well, she was basically the illusive man's loyal lap dog. (Miranda) There were a few really annoying parts where people on the ship would get angry at her because she was trying to boss people around or be a stickler for rules. (although I haven't played the game since launch so I cant actually remember the specifics of these events)

Also, you forgot to type the Illusive man who I'm positive is an xNTJ of some sort.