User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    That's fine. I'm not a fan of the compilation, so be it.
    I can't disagree that the spin-offs are just a way to get money, but
    tt's not so bad. Crisis Core was actually pretty interesting despite the fact that some events don't really match up. *sighs*

I always did like Cloud's character in FF7. He seemed to go from INFJ (childhood) to ISTP (after the debacle with Sephiroth in Nibelheim) to INTP (post-lifestream). You really got to see everything that affected his fictional character. And I get the feeling that after seeing his character in Advent Children that the creators were moving towards making him an INTJ.

What is most interesting though is my pondering of why the creators would orient Cloud through such progressions. I sense some inherent meaning in this. It's either a message from the creators about their perception that with time people grow into their type or personality after much experimentation on finding what they are good at and how they relate to others or a coincidence. But I don't really believe in coincidence.

I once had a history professor that said after about age 25 or so till your 30s, a person's personality becomes very solidified, whereas when we are kids we do a lot of experimentation to see what we are good at and where we belong and are a lot more open to molding ourselves; I wasn't old enough to say whether I thought that was true or not, but being 25 and considering how hard I have tried to be any personality in the last couple of years, I'm finding that what he said to be true for me.

Maybe it has to do with the human mind gathering data on its environment and setting genetic switches and neural supports in response to environmental stimuli and mental states and as we get to a certain point our minds have grown enough and molded a certain psychological skeleton that can not be unconsciously changed. So change must come only but consciously in this sense. Then maybe the saying that people don't change really is true and all we can do is monitor our natural inclinations and find ways to keep them from appearing or hide or mask them if we wish to appear to 'change'. Maybe that means I will always pretty much appear as an asshole to people. Oh well.

Well that was an interesting rant I've gone on from a fictional typing thread, huh?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

^^ I'd say different scenario writers handled different parts of the game, and wrote the protagonist to more closely resemble their own personalities, as most storytellers do.

^ Party Pooper

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hm, video-game analyses... Or whatever the plural of 'Analysis' is. Anyway, here's some analyses of star-wars originals. Due to the KotOR 1 characters having been analyzed, I'm leaving out the returning characters and The Exile, since while The Exile is a light-sided woman by canon, the player still controls what she (or he) does.
    Scorch (Delta 62): ESTP
    Fixer (Delta 40): ISTP
    Sev (Delta 07):ISTJ
    Boss (Delta 38): ESTJ
    Atton Rand: ISTP? (Maybe ESTP)
    Bao-Dur: ISTP? (Maybe INTP)
    G0-T0: INTJ
    Mira: ESTP
    Mical: INFP (AKA, The Disciple.)
    Brianna: ISTJ (Not enthusiastically, but still ISTJ. AKA, The Handmaiden)
    Kreia: ENTJ
    And there you have it. I'm still somewhat new to Myers-Briggs Type Indicators, but none the less.
    Last edited by Invisiblemonkey; 03-26-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added Brianna's alias, capitalized Mical's

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I always saw Kreia as the quintessential INTJ. A bitchy one you can never impress no matter what you do..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Personally, I'd sooner see G0-T0 as an INTJ-ish person (Or Droid.), but I can see your point, given her limited social interaction and generally cynical (If not practical) attitude. Not to mention the fact that she didn't string along the people she did through persuasion as much as The Force. Also, Red XIII as an INTP?.. Sounds strange. Granted, his relationship with Bugenhagen could suggest some form of scholarly aptitude, but I don't see that much to his personality either way. (Then again, it seems like INTP is what's assigned to anyone with a hard-to-pin-down or nonexistent personality.) Maybe an INFP. I know that he seems somewhat unemotional, but INTP just doesn't make me think 'Red XIII'
    Last edited by Invisiblemonkey; 03-26-2010 at 12:22 PM.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Team fortress 2:
    Engineer: ISTP
    Soldier: ESTJ
    Heavy weapons guy: ISFP
    Demoman: ESxP
    Medic: ESXJ
    Spy: INXJ
    Pyro: ? who knows , perhaps ESTP
    Sniper: ISFJ
    Scout: ENFP

Warcraft:
    Arthas: ESTJ
    Thrall: XNFJ
    Kel'thuzad: INTJ
    Adeleas Blackmoore: ENTJ
    Jaina:ENFP-INFP
    Kil'jaedan: INTJ
    Archimonde: ENTJ
    Malfurion stormrage: INFP
    Grom Hellscream: ESTJ
    Gul'dan: INTJ
    Doomhammer: EXTJ
    Uther Lightbringer: ENFJ
    King Varian- ESTJ
    Illidan: ENXJ
    Almost all dread lords: ENTJ-INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    What about Kael'Thas? (WIII)
    He striked me as some kind of ISTJ or ESTJ. He faithfully stuck with the humans until they betrayed him and had him and his band of elf survivors imprisoned for treason, fratenizing with hostile races(the naga), by grand marshal Garithos, another ESTJ pompous bigoted ass-clown. The reason why he struck me as STJ, is because he is very Si in his manner of remembering things.

Call of duty: modern warfare 1+2
    Gaz: ESTJ.
    Soap:ISTJ.
    Grigg's:ESXP.
    Price: INTP or ISTP.
    Valdimir makarov: ISTP or INTJ.
    Zakhaev: ESTJ.
    Lt.vasquez: ISTJ
    Cpt.macmillan: ISTP

GTA IV:
    Niko Bellic: ESTx possibly ISFJ
    Roman Bellic: ESFP
    Mallorie: ESFJ most likely
    Vlad: ESTX
    Last edited by ColonelGadaafi; 03-31-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblemonkey View Post
    Personally, I'd sooner see G0-T0 as an INTJ-ish person (Or Droid.), but I can see your point, given her limited social interaction and generally cynical (If not practical) attitude. Not to mention the fact that she didn't string along the people she did through persuasion as much as The Force. Also, Red XIII as an INTP?.. Sounds strange. Granted, his relationship with Bugenhagen could suggest some form of scholarly aptitude, but I don't see that much to his personality either way. (Then again, it seems like INTP is what's assigned to anyone with a hard-to-pin-down or nonexistent personality.) Maybe an INFP. I know that he seems somewhat unemotional, but INTP just doesn't make me think 'Red XIII'
    yeah I think she leads with Ni, although it is easy to say that about force-users.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

I don't get it... why is everyone typing NIKO bellic as an ISTJ/INTJ.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."