• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NBC's "Friends" Characters

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Joey is an ESFP
Rachel is ESFP
Phoebe is ENFP or INFP
Candler ENTP works
Ross is tough. Isn't he stubborn, bossy, and arrogant? That doesn't seem to fit IxFJ. Not really sure about him...

Ha!!! try being in a relationship with one.:dry: When you say it like this. Ross being and IxFJ makes perfect sense

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Trust me I've been in relationships with both types! Almost exclusively

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
Rachel - ESTP
Monica - ESFJ
Phoebe - ENFP
Joey - ESFP
Chandler - ENTP
Ross - ISFJ
I agree with most of those.

I always saw Phoebe as an ISFP with exaggerated Ne for comedy. And Ross's type was always the hardest for me to work out, I_FJ makes a lot of sense though.

Any thoughts on any of the more auxiliary characters? Could Richard be INFP?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ross is tough. Isn't he stubborn, bossy, and arrogant? That doesn't seem to fit IxFJ. Not really sure about him...

He strikes me more as whiny & passive than bossy & arrogant. IxFJs can ve VERY stubborn, especially INFJs.

On the show, he seems to turn people off right away because of those qualities, but the people who know him well (the other friends...) like him because he's actually caring & romantic, has some random/interesting knowledge (okay, he's a nerd :D), and he's somewhat imaginative.

I think that sounds very IxFJ. I still lean towards ISFJ.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
I thought about it more and ISFJ fits Ross.

Liesl

The Friends characters aren't always true to type from episode to episode. But these are the types I think best summarize their behavior over the ten seasons.

Ross: INTJ

Chandler: ENTP

Joey: ESTP

Rachel: ISFP

Monica: ISFJ

Phoebe: INFP

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Ross is NOT NOT NOT an INTJ. I agree with IxFJ, leaning towards ISFJ.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
YouTube - Friends - Ross and Phoebe argue about Evolution

He's not IxFJ. He's a Hollywood comedic take on an INTJ. He seems somewhat ISTJ due to inconsistent writing over the seasons.

Not being an idiot != INTJ. Nor does being a scientist = INTJ.

I think the fact that he went to such lengths to persuade and teach her should immediately point away from INTJ, since they tend (at least IME) to be more abrasive and final.

Liesl

Not being an idiot != INTJ. Nor does being a scientist = INTJ.

I think the fact that he went to such lengths to persuade and teach her should immediately point away from INTJ, since they tend (at least IME) to be more abrasive and final.

Um, maybe it's because I have worked with INTJ professors but they aren't always abrasive and final in their academic matters albeit they often are in personal matters. And I don't see where I made the two assertions that you're arguing against. If you don't agree, then we'll agree to disagree. I believe he an INTJ.

PS: As far as I'm concerned he acts like an idiot in the clip I posted.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Ross: How can you not believe in evolution?!
Phoebe: I don't know, I just don- hey look at this funky shirt!

Obvious ExFP is obvious.

As for Ross, he's clearly an ISFJ who happens to be a scientist. They do exist. It shows mainly in the way he handles interpersonal relationships.

Chloe

As for Ross, he's clearly an ISFJ who happens to be a scientist. They do exist.

Of course they do exist - who would else do a lab work ? :D

medicine is full of ISxJ scientists, in labs... doing so many detail work :(

i watched friends too long ago... but my guess:

ross : isfj
rachel estp
monica esfj
phoebe esfp
joey esfp
chandler : entp

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
INTJs are not the only ones who believe in Evolution and can defend it. He is def. not INTJ. I had leaned toward ISFJ for him too though his general paranoia could be explained by Ni gone wrong. And his constant need to analyze points more toward INFJ.

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ross: IXFJ
Rachel: ESFJ
Monica: ISFJ
Chandler: ENTP
Phoebe: ENFP
Joey: ESFP

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ross: IXFJ
Rachel: ESFP
Monica: ESxJ
Chandler: xNTP
Phoebe: ENFP
Joey: ESFP

I find Ross and Chandler the most difficult to type.

Rachel - not sure if she's ESFJ or ESFP, but I'd lean toward the latter.

I don't think there's much doubt about Phoebe or Joey.

Monica seems ESFJ in some ways and ESTJ in others. (She does kind of remind me of my scary ESFJ ex-flatmate.)

Black Hole Sun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
....you really meant to put E, right?

Lol, not really I can kinda see the Fe dom, but she reminds me of soo many ISFJs I know and I don't really see her all that extroverted, kind of but as much as it has to be because its a show about Friends Lol.

Rachael seems like a ESFJ to me.

I love this show! :)