• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Were there any top Nazis who were NT?

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
I'm thinking, in terms of NT interests, capacities and such, it is only natural that the end up in political office. But I'm thinking; is Nazi Germany somewhat unique in its style of leadership in the sense that there were no NTs at top level? The whole ideology was very value-based, always more concerned with ideals than actual political administration and compromise.

The only mayhap NTs I can think of remain in the political periphery (Ribbentrop).

So who, if any, top nazis were NTs?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm thinking, in terms of NT interests, capacities and such, it is only natural that the end up in political office. But I'm thinking; is Nazi Germany somewhat unique in its style of leadership in the sense that there were no NTs at top level? The whole ideology was very value-based, always more concerned with ideals than actual political administration and compromise.

The only mayhap NTs I can think of remain in the political periphery (Ribbentrop).

I would personally consider the fact that the party gained power through ideology as barely relevant to the type of it's leaders. Any NT could have just seen it as a tool (just like most governments). I doubt that any government that truly was more concerned with values than political administration wouldn't last very long (even as long as the Nazis). I think they just realized that it was their ticket to power. I would be highly surprised if there is any effective government anywhere that does not have NTs in key leadership positions.

So to answer your question, I have no idea.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd bet good money that Josef Goebbels and Heinrich Himmler were respectively ENTP and ENTJ. Albert Speer, an INTP.

The Fuehrer was probably an ENFP or INFP.

The Nazi ideology itself is very xNxJ. Such visionaries they were.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Meta, I don't cosider it pivotal how the nazis came to power eigther. I'm just saying that the ideology itself does not apeal to pragmatically minded NTs.

---

Goebbels seems very xNFJ to me. But admittedly he could be an NT.

Himmler, on the other hand, is sooooooo ISFJ :)

Mengele was quite possible an NT or and ST. But he was no politician.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Meta, I don't cosider it pivotal how the nazis came to power eigther. I'm just saying that the ideology itself does not apeal to pragmatically minded NTs.

Right, I was just pointing out that they may not have actually believed what they were preaching. Rather, they may have seen it as a means to an end, which is very NT, imo. Admittedly, though, I have no evidence to back this up, I guess I am just guessing and playing devil's advocate. :doh:

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Ah yes, I'm with you.

While I certainly agree that there's a possibility that these guys were rational deep-down I will also maintain, that an in-depth study of both the persons and the politics of nazi Germany will reveal that these guys really believed this shit themselves.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Himmler, on the other hand, is sooooooo ISFJ :)

Why does everyone underestimate an NT's capacity for loyalty?

UNSERE EHRE HEISST TREUE.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

I went through the handwriting of all the top and upper middle level Nazis.
They were all one and the same type. Not one N. Not one I. Not one P or J.

With the exception of Der Fuhrer of course.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I would personally consider the fact that the party gained power through ideology as barely relevant to the type of it's leaders. Any NT could have just seen it as a tool (just like most governments). I doubt that any government that truly was more concerned with values than political administration wouldn't last very long (even as long as the Nazis). I think they just realized that it was their ticket to power. I would be highly surprised if there is any effective government anywhere that does not have NTs in key leadership positions.

So to answer your question, I have no idea.
They did have NTs in leadership positions. In administration such as Department of Finance, in the production of the art and propaganda films.
These people were not Nazis.
The Nazi party was a paramilitary organization.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
These people were not Nazis.
The Nazi party was a paramilitary organization.

Fair enough. I'll admit I was moreso considering the fact that they had a good healthcare system, etc. (if I remember right).

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Was this on purpose?
Yes.

J conserves energy. P consumes it.

Their energy was not conserved or consumed. It was pure.
The most expressed feature in their handwriting.
I was surprised by the extreme expression as well as uniformity of such an odd trait among these people.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Not entirely sure what you are getting at, Wildcat, but Göering is a clear Se-type and Himmler a clear Si-type.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Fair enough. I'll admit I was moreso considering the fact that they had a good healthcare system, etc. (if I remember right).
They had a system of adequate social security already under Kaiser.
It was very much a work of Bismarck. Theoretically the system did not change under Weimar. In practice it did not work because the state was devoid of funds much of the time.

In the Reich the companies were private. But you could not cash the money.
The profits had to be invested back in the company.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Not entirely sure what you are getting at, Wildcat, but Göering is a clear Se-type and Himmler a clear Si-type.
You mean Himmler was an ESFJ?
Is extreme fanaticism an SJ trait?

Goering was much less of a fanatic.
Goering was an extreme Se, true. An ESTP person is much more relaxed and set back, though.
The extreme Se was perfectly matched by his extreme Te. The functions assimilate each other. The control finds a balance in the drive. The energy cannot be consumed, nor conserved. It can find an outlet only in action. The typical distinction for the compulsive diner-hunters.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think extreme fanaticism is a J trait.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I think extreme fanaticism is a J trait.
There is a difference in the fanaticism of Hitler and Himmler.

We call it both fanaticism, yes.

Hitler wanted the Jews murdered.

This has nothing to do with the fanaticism of Himmler.
During the war Himmler was raving all over Europe. He could make open threats to specific people, then smile at heads of state and shake hands.

The heads of states knew of his blackmail tactics before they saw him. They wrote in their memoirs that the man was an absolute fanatic.

Originally he was not much of an antisemite. The basis of his fanaticism was in absolute obedience to the hero.

When the hero became the ultimate loser in 1944-45, he opened negotiations about the Jews.

In Hitler, it was about the Jews. In Himmler, it was about Hitler.
Himmler was a hero-worshipper of the first order. The worship of Himmler was more fanatical than that of Goering because Himmler was an F. Not because he was J.

Last edited:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Are you the type you are because you built a trike and not a bike when you were 11?

NO.

It is only in the why, not the what.