12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default Bright Star (John Keats movie)

Can't say I recommend it....visually it was interesting, but I hate to admit that it was boring (and I usually love "boring" movies).

Anyhow, Keats onscreen managed to stay INFP (maybe why the movie was boring....the life of an INFP...terribly quiet.).

As for the other main characters:

Fanny Brawne - ExFP
    Charles Brown - ENTP
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Can't say I recommend it....visually it was interesting, but I hate to admit that it was boring (and I usually love "boring" movies).

Anyhow, Keats onscreen managed to stay INFP (maybe why the movie was boring....the life of an INFP...terribly quiet.).

As for the other main characters:

Fanny Brawne - ExFP
    Charles Brown - ENTP
    I enjoyed it; it was simple and had a strange quality to it.

Keats-Yeah, INFP
    Fanny-Hm...ENFP, maybe
    Brown-I could see ENTP

I pretty much agree with you.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It's a gorgeous film. But I love poetry, so that helped. It was quiet but I didn't find it the least boring. The romance was...romantic, but convincing. I felt like that was how their story might really have been.

I'd pretty much agree with the above but I'm pretty sure Fanny is a Sensor. I didn't see either Ni or Ne in her, personally.

Keats - INFP
    Fanny - ESFP
    Brown - ENTP
    Fanny's mother - IxFJ?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    It's a gorgeous film. But I love poetry, so that helped. It was quiet but I didn't find it the least boring. The romance was...romantic, but convincing. I felt like that was how their story might really have been.

I'd pretty much agree with the above but I'm pretty sure Fanny is a Sensor. I didn't see either Ni or Ne in her, personally.

Keats - INFP
    Fanny - ESFP
    Brown - ENTP
    Fanny's mother - IxFJ?
    It was more of a hunch than a though-out answer. Yes, ESFP is probably correct.

As for her mother, I think ISFJ if the rest is correct. Her worry about Fanny marrying Keats because he's poor sounds like an Si thing. Of course, anybody would probably be worried, but her worry seems to be something that's part of her psychology to me rather than reasoning.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    It was more of a hunch than a though-out answer. Yes, ESFP is probably correct.

As for her mother, I think ISFJ if the rest is correct. Her worry about Fanny marrying Keats because he's poor sounds like an Si thing. Of course, anybody would probably be worried, but her worry seems to be something that's part of her psychology to me rather than reasoning.
    I pretty much agree about the mother. I think ISFJ is most likely.

Although, the thing about him being poor etc, that was very much a concern of the time period 200 years ago. I think now, people either think about that less, or they think about it in a different way. I think she could also be an SJ-like INFJ... But perhaps ISFJ is more likely.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Although, the thing about him being poor etc, that was very much a concern of the time period 200 years ago. I think now, people either think about that less, or they think about it in a different way. I think she could also be an SJ-like INFJ... But perhaps ISFJ is more likely.
    Well, of course it was a bigger concern back that, but it still sounds like an Si thing. I mean, if Fanny was ESFP, she would've had Se-Fi, and she didn't really care about Keyne's poorness. Her mother, in contrast, seemed to want the traditional, safe way for her by having her marry a financially-secure man.

I think poorness is still a concern today. I mean, when we say poor today, it usually means some poorer, middle-class situation. Keynes would've been somewhere along the lines of poor, working-class today. So, it would be something like eating every other day, no access to medication, and perhaps being driven out of your home soon; it's not every parent's dream for their child to end up like this.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Well, of course it was a bigger concern back that, but it still sounds like an Si thing. I mean, if Fanny was ESFP, she would've had Se-Fi, and she didn't really care about Keyne's poorness. Her mother, in contrast, seemed to want the traditional, safe way for her by having her marry a financially-secure man.

I think poorness is still a concern today. I mean, when we say poor today, it usually means some poorer, middle-class situation. Keynes would've been somewhere along the lines of poor, working-class today. So, it would be something like eating every other day, no access to medication, and perhaps being driven out of your home soon; it's not every parent's dream for their child to end up like this.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Keats - INFP
    Fanny - ESFP
    Brown - ENTP
    Fanny's mother - IxFJ?
    It was beautiful to look at. Not as intellectually stimulating as it might have been. But not boring either. I've watched it several times and never found myself bored. The Scottish accent was distractingly bad. It occasionally descended into mawkish sentimentality, but hey, it's Keats so that's appropriate.
    And really not enough poetry.

Check out how his eyes move... What's that all about?

Edit. Yes, I could see ESFP for her. Definitely INFP for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

He looks super-nervous in that video...fortunately he was far, far better in the film!

I thought it was only seldom overly sentimental. A little occasionally, but generally it just had a very true feeling about it for me.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yeah. I love Jane Campion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.