User Tag List

First 12

Anew Leaf

I kind of thought that this movie was an exploration of why two type 4's shouldn't be together.

Keats - INFP
    Fanny (I really hate this name) - ESFP
    Brown (SO ANNOYING, I almost want to buy a book of his writing just so I can burn it and then dance with its ashes on his grave) - ENTP

I, of course, shed many tears and didn't have enough kleenex to prepare myself.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I kind of thought that this movie was an exploration of why two type 4's shouldn't be together.

Keats - INFP
    Fanny (I really hate this name) - ESFP
    Brown (SO ANNOYING, I almost want to buy a book of his writing just so I can burn it and then dance with its ashes on his grave) - ENTP

I, of course, shed many tears and didn't have enough kleenex to prepare myself.
    Yeah, Brown was incredibly annoying.

Re the type 4 thing: do you think their relationship would not have gone well if Keats had lived? (not sure if that was what you meant so wanted to ask!)

I remember that the friend I went to see it with when it came out a few years ago thought Fanny was selfish. I was like "well, she kind of was...but she was only 18 or so...". I know 18-year-olds were probably forced to be more mature 200 years ago, but still... All the stuff about wanting to kill herself when he attempted to break it off, etc etc seemed rather teenage to me!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Because they are both consumptive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Yeah, Brown was incredibly annoying.

Re the type 4 thing: do you think their relationship would not have gone well if Keats had lived? (not sure if that was what you meant so wanted to ask!)

I remember that the friend I went to see it with when it came out a few years ago thought Fanny was selfish. I was like "well, she kind of was...but she was only 18 or so...". I know 18-year-olds were probably forced to be more mature 200 years ago, but still... All the stuff about wanting to kill herself when he attempted to break it off, etc etc seemed rather teenage to me!
    Lol, because it's just tooooo much. It did make me wonder if part of the allure on both of their parts was the fact that it was forbidden/doomed. That sort of mentality heightens the senses and makes things extra dramatic.

Not to say that what they felt wasn't real... but it wasn't balanced. They both needed someone who would be a bit more pragmatic in regards to things.

Connections like this tend to burn bright, explode, and die. One cannot sustain that high a level of emotional attachment for a lifetime together. What happens when the reality of paying bills settles in? Or the reality of raising children?

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Lol, because it's just tooooo much. It did make me wonder if part of the allure on both of their parts was the fact that it was forbidden/doomed. That sort of mentality heightens the senses and makes things extra dramatic.

Not to say that what they felt wasn't real... but it wasn't balanced. They both needed someone who would be a bit more pragmatic in regards to things.

Connections like this tend to burn bright, explode, and die. One cannot sustain that high a level of emotional attachment for a lifetime together. What happens when the reality of paying bills settles in? Or the reality of raising children?
    True, it was all highly idealistic. And the film was based on a respected biography of Keats, apparently, so it was probably fairly close to the reality as far as that can possibly go.

She seemed much more down-to-earth than him, though, so perhaps when she'd matured a bit they could have had a stable marriage. It feels sad that they couldn't find out
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Is he even in print? The man is only known for being the friend of someone far more successful - I'd say that was punishment enough for an ENTP (if he was, I see more S in his portrayal). I found him entertaining. I do love a good villain. He was essential to plot development and creation of tension. And he helped rescue the movie from drowning in its own sentimentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.