User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Tori Amos

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Tori Amos

Tori Amos - wtf?

Some of her lyrics, especially on the album 'Under the Pink' - and especially Yes Anastasia say xNTP to me. But my spider sense tingles and says it's not quite right. I'm always thrown by female T's...

What do y'all think?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Tori Amos - a T?

MBTI
    INTJ

My guts is telling me INFP, but I barely know anything about her ...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'd go INFP.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

It is almost impossible to guess imo. I have loved her since 1992 but she is still an enigma to me.

I went to see her in 1997 and we were notified after waiting for more than an hour she would not be appearing. If memory serves there were some personal issues involved (we're all human right?). People were leaving and we were about to as well, when the goddess herself emerged! She was worth the wait, her performance was amazing!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'd go INFP.
    I agree.

I... suppose. Yeah!

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Despite owning all of her albums and having read her biography/auto-biography 'Piece by Piece', I am still not positive. She's certainly complex. She seems very in touch with who she is, and into self-growth, and is really curious about people (although, definitely eccentric :-). I question her being INFP, simply because she seems to have a pretty take-charge, more opinionated attitude about things - and seems pretty solid in where she stands. And, at times she almost comes across as NT, but given her entire life and how she lives it, I definitely think she's an NF.

I almost think she could be ENFx - because in her book she seems to really thrive off of being around people, and getting to know people, and she doesn't seem quiet/reserved AT ALL -- even outside of her performances, in everyday life, she seems to really put herself out there. In addition, it didn't seem like she was terribly shy or wallflower-ish as a child. She questioned authority (for example, The Church - her father was a pastor), and was inquisitive, and started performing in clubs in her teens. If nothing else, I think she's a fairly balanced E/I. I also think INFJ isn't out of the question. [And, oddly enough, I can see why substitute thinks she's a T - but again, given her life as a whole, I go NF]. I guess I see INFP as my last choice of the NF's.

The book is SO interesting. Obviously it can leave more question marks on her type, though....

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Despite owning all of her albums and having read her biography/auto-biography 'Piece by Piece', I am still not positive. She's certainly complex. She seems very in touch with who she is, and into self-growth, and is really curious about people (although, definitely eccentric :-). I question her being INFP, simply because she seems to have a pretty take-charge, more opinionated attitude about things - and seems pretty solid in where she stands. And, at times she almost comes across as NT, but given her entire life and how she lives it, I definitely think she's an NF.
    I really like how lately she has been taking the piss out of stupid celebrities during her performances. YouTube - Tori Amos - I'm not stupid + Winter
    I also think INFJ isn't out of the question.
    I can sort of see that
    The book is SO interesting.
    I didn't even know she wrote a book! I will certainly check it out.

She has recently been on late night TV and I just can't get over how gorgeous she still is! I would love to see her live again, but she isn't going to be in my neck of the woods this year so I'll just have to wait. I also didn't know she was born in NC!

Tori Amos: A Who2 Profile
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I've seen her perform... my guess is...

ENXP.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I didn't even know she wrote a book! I will certainly check it out.
    Yep!! She co-wrote it with another woman, but I can't recall the other woman's name.

As for performances, I don't think one can determine a musicians mbti based on performance alone...it can be kind of like acting, while up on stage.

But as for Tori, she writes in her book that she brings many different 'archetypes' with her on stage, and that's their time, and when she leaves the stage, they go back within her. Given that, I think she shows many different sides of herself while up there...none of them are truly her, but they are pieces of her. hahaha..at least, that's one of the overall things I took away from the book.

She's *awesome* in performance, though. I love her. I saw her 4 yrs ago, and will be seeing her again on Nov. 7...row 10. YAY!