• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tori Amos

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
For once and for all, MBTI is an indicator. Whatever type she is, she is a Goddess. That is all.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's my favorite artist. Been to several concerts, have all the CDs, etc. I believe strongly that she is an INFJ.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's one of my favourite interviews of all times and it just screams ENFP to me. Tori is just one awesome fruitcake here:

YouTube - Tori Amos - Piano Shopping / Interview Hq

Totally awesome link by the way. I can see what you mean by seeming ENFP in this video. It makes me question my last post a little :) Somehow though, I think it reflects her passion and genius rather than personality.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
She's my favorite artist. Been to several concerts, have all the CDs, etc. I believe strongly that she is an INFJ.
Agreed. I mean if I had to choose a type. The way others try to twist her into other types is kind of funny though. She mostly keeps out of the limelight. I just really think she's so comfortable in her skin that she's able to appear extroverted, especially on stage. I've seen her three times, each time in a different city and it's always been a small venue. She clearly prefers the intimacy.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's one of my favourite interviews of all times and it just screams ENFP to me. Tori is just one awesome fruitcake here:

YouTube - Tori Amos - Piano Shopping / Interview Hq

I really enjoyed watching that! I have just been viewing a few interviews on youtube. While not conclusive, i definately agree with a strong enfp vibe. Saw an interesting interview about the different greek goddesses influence.
I also want to say that i love love her teeth.

Lightyear

I really enjoyed watching that! I have just been viewing a few interviews on youtube. While not conclusive, i definately agree with a strong enfp vibe. Saw an interesting interview about the different greek goddesses influence.
I also want to say that i love love her teeth.

My Tori love goes back to 1994 when I saw her for the first time on MTV and I just love her face, the shape of her lips, her teeth, her expressive blue eyes, her protruding ears. She is awesome so it makes me sad that she went down the Botox-road and I believe that her caring too much about her appearance has influenced her music, for me it has lost its spark. But still, she is an original and an inspiration and "Boys for Pele" will always be my favourite album, it's like an old friend.

And I stick with ENFP, in my opinion she is far too open to be an INFJ, especially when she was younger she would just let it all hang out there which I as an INFJ would never do, I am very private and you have to earn the right to look beyond the exterior and see me for who I really am.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
enfp 7w6 sx/so. she's way too open, way too much in the midst of a perpetual candyflip to be infj. watching interviews i don't really love her, but i have a feeling her personal charisma is pretty intense.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I once read Tori is INFJ. Later I could see it in her appearance (Yeah, there's something to that). Her lyrics are a lot about S things though ("Think of me as programmable soda"), although it can as well be Ni (seeing things with that). I also got (or read) this picture of INFJ/ISFP combined type being hers.

any artist is very likely to have their art imbued with S. that is the nature of art, the manipulation of environment. though, actually that would be a simile, wouldn't it? if "what it is" = S domain; "what it could be" = N domain, that is an N statement.

she is interesting. she makes me feel at once mellow and lifted. and her cathedral singing is beautiful. and piano shopping cracks me up.

either infj or enfp sounds reasonable to me. hard to tell if she's crazy Ne or crazy Ni, though at the moment i am leaning crazy Ne. it's wonderful crazy either way.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
How detached from reality does one have to be to think that the lyric "think of me as programmable soda" is an "S thing"?

lolwut? does programmable soda exist IRL? is it a tangible, sensual thing? And did she mean it literally? What? NO? Well then.

Good lord. I leave you people alone for five minutes, and JUST LOOK AT THIS ROOM.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
How detached from reality does one have to be to think that the lyric "think of me as programmable soda" is an "S thing"?

lolwut? does programmable soda exist IRL? is it a tangible, sensual thing? And did she mean it literally? What? NO? Well then.

Good lord. I leave you people alone for five minutes, and JUST LOOK AT THIS ROOM.

Ok, I have to answer this of course. Thanks for your open reaction. This post is from quite a while ago, what can I say? I'm actually now smiling about your remarks. 1000 ways to go about it... You're right, sort of, although in a sense, probably programmable soda exists: producers of sodas can mix in any composition of ingredients and so program the soda? I agree she likely hasn't meant it this way.
Well, you might know better about this, since you're an ENFP, I'm 'only' an INTJ (for that matter).
Yeah, I totally see now. An 'S' might say "See me, I'm drinkable soda" ?

Btw: I believe I'm pretty grounded...

Last edited:

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My guess is iNFP or eNFP with strong Ni (Fi and Ne almost equal>Ni>Te>Si), and 4w3-7w6-8w9 sx/so.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Sometimes it seems like we're closer to our manicurists than we are our own souls. We have to find ways to get in touch with that and to listen to it and to hear it.

Sounds very INFJish to me.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She is touring again apparently

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
naw. she seems very much an INFP. if you listen to her speak, everything is all about her personal belief system Fi. i don't see any Fe in her at all. she reminds me of some INFP hippies i know