User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Thread: Tori Amos

That's one of my favourite interviews of all times and it just screams ENFP to me. Tori is just one awesome fruitcake here:

YouTube - Tori Amos - Piano Shopping / Interview Hq

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

For once and for all, MBTI is an indicator. Whatever type she is, she is a Goddess. That is all.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

She's my favorite artist. Been to several concerts, have all the CDs, etc. I believe strongly that she is an INFJ.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    That's one of my favourite interviews of all times and it just screams ENFP to me. Tori is just one awesome fruitcake here:

Totally awesome link by the way. I can see what you mean by seeming ENFP in this video. It makes me question my last post a little Somehow though, I think it reflects her passion and genius rather than personality.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    She's my favorite artist. Been to several concerts, have all the CDs, etc. I believe strongly that she is an INFJ.
    Agreed. I mean if I had to choose a type. The way others try to twist her into other types is kind of funny though. She mostly keeps out of the limelight. I just really think she's so comfortable in her skin that she's able to appear extroverted, especially on stage. I've seen her three times, each time in a different city and it's always been a small venue. She clearly prefers the intimacy.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post

I really enjoyed watching that! I have just been viewing a few interviews on youtube. While not conclusive, i definately agree with a strong enfp vibe. Saw an interesting interview about the different greek goddesses influence.
    I also want to say that i love love her teeth.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I really enjoyed watching that! I have just been viewing a few interviews on youtube. While not conclusive, i definately agree with a strong enfp vibe. Saw an interesting interview about the different greek goddesses influence.
    I also want to say that i love love her teeth.
    My Tori love goes back to 1994 when I saw her for the first time on MTV and I just love her face, the shape of her lips, her teeth, her expressive blue eyes, her protruding ears. She is awesome so it makes me sad that she went down the Botox-road and I believe that her caring too much about her appearance has influenced her music, for me it has lost its spark. But still, she is an original and an inspiration and "Boys for Pele" will always be my favourite album, it's like an old friend.

And I stick with ENFP, in my opinion she is far too open to be an INFJ, especially when she was younger she would just let it all hang out there which I as an INFJ would never do, I am very private and you have to earn the right to look beyond the exterior and see me for who I really am.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

enfp 7w6 sx/so. she's way too open, way too much in the midst of a perpetual candyflip to be infj. watching interviews i don't really love her, but i have a feeling her personal charisma is pretty intense.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    I once read Tori is INFJ. Later I could see it in her appearance (Yeah, there's something to that). Her lyrics are a lot about S things though ("Think of me as programmable soda"), although it can as well be Ni (seeing things with that). I also got (or read) this picture of INFJ/ISFP combined type being hers.
    any artist is very likely to have their art imbued with S. that is the nature of art, the manipulation of environment. though, actually that would be a simile, wouldn't it? if "what it is" = S domain; "what it could be" = N domain, that is an N statement.

she is interesting. she makes me feel at once mellow and lifted. and her cathedral singing is beautiful. and piano shopping cracks me up.

either infj or enfp sounds reasonable to me. hard to tell if she's crazy Ne or crazy Ni, though at the moment i am leaning crazy Ne. it's wonderful crazy either way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How detached from reality does one have to be to think that the lyric "think of me as programmable soda" is an "S thing"?

lolwut? does programmable soda exist IRL? is it a tangible, sensual thing? And did she mean it literally? What? NO? Well then.

Good lord. I leave you people alone for five minutes, and JUST LOOK AT THIS ROOM.