User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Tori Amos

MBTI
    ENTP

I just think a lot of the things she says and writes in her lyrics are the sorta things that NF's wouldn't 'dare' to put out on show, especially INF's.

Like I say I find that with many female T's I've typed them wrongly to begin with because it seems women often have a natural aptitude with people compared to men, which makes the T's come across more F-ish than male T's, just in my experience. This is why I'm uncertain as to whether she's T, with a more well developed F perhaps due to femininity or other things (not that I'm suggesting that all women are automatically better at F stuff or worse at T stuff ffs before you go there!), or whether she's an F with a T-ish streak at times.

It's also hard to say whether her outgoingness and ease with people is down to extraversion or feeling, or both.

So everyone else is as stumped by her as me then?

I reject INFP. I've never known an INFP as willing to say 'mean' and nasty stuff as she is.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

T seems unlikely, from bits and pieces I've heard, there doesn't seem to be a lot of the hard logic, skeptical, interest in some system or how things work, and/or hard data viewpoints that almost all Tish people seem to have.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not sure what type she is, but these song lyrics strike as something from an INFJ:

"The Waitress"

So I want to kill this waitress
    She's worked here a year longer than 1
    If I did it fast you know that's an act of kindness

But I believe in peace
    I believe in peace Bitch
    I believe in peace
    I believe in peace
    But I believe in peace
    I believe in peace Bitch
    I believe in peace

I want to kill this waitress
    I can't believe this violence in mind
    And is her power all in her club sandwich

But I believe in peace
    I believe in peace Bitch
    I believe in peace
    I believe in peace
    But I believe in peace
    I believe in peace Bitch
    I believe in peace

I want to kill this killing wish
    They're too many stars and not enough sky
    Boys all think she's living kindness
    Ask a fellow waitress
    Ask a fellow waitress
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I strongly reject T. NFs aren't all mealy-mouthed wussies, yanno. Ever been to any kind of protest or peace rally? You've seen Fs say plenty of "mean" things.

I'm starting to agree with those who say INFJ, although she still seems INFP to me in a lot of ways.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I strongly reject T. NFs aren't all mealy-mouthed wussies, yanno.
    This is true!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    yupp

Based on the song "Sweet Dreams" I'd say INFP I can see myself writing something like that. Of course I'm not 100% sure of my type, so I could be wrong. I don't know how she is in person as I've never seen her and only really listen to her music.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

But see, I don't think you can really go by song. As I mentioned earlier, she has a thing with archetypes. Her songs/albums also reflect her emotional state, and period of life she was in when she wrote it. In her book, she commented that she'll sometimes write a song with a specific person in mind, that the song is about. So I guess I don't see the lyrics as necessarily pointing to any type that SHE might be -- I mean, if I were to write a song each year of my life, or each month, many different sides of myself would emerge.

And with all of her songs....you could probably find a case for nearly all of the 16 types!! Well, ok...maybe all of the N's.

MBTI
    yupp

hmm yea,I also don't listen to all her songs, some of them I don't like others I love. but every musician I listen to I like some of their stuff but then will skip over other songs.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well alright, say I don't go for T, but I can't totally go for F either.

So what've we got? ENxx? Any advance on that?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I can't see a T trace at all, even the various "mean comments" (I haven't heard very much of these, so cannot say anything about a pattern here.), sound like social competition type of stuff, or just venting.

As described before, there seems to be very little qualities that could be associated with a Tish person. (Interest in how things work, rule following, fun/odd just for the sake of being fun/odd, neutral outside observer type viewpoints, hard logic, etc.)

In music terms, I'm comparing the music inside my head to stuff like movie/computer game soundtracks, Rammstein, U2/REM/Depeche mode types of music, etc. It's hard to explain, but the music and comments I've heard sound more emotional type of stuff, and less hard logic/hard rules/non-person/pure fun based than what most of these other types produce.