• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

30 rock

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
liz lemon intj
jack donaghy entj
tracy morgan enfp
jenna esfp
cerie esfp
kenneth esfj
frank infp
topher isfj
jonathan exfj
pete intp

notice liz vs jenna and cerie- intj female vs esfp females. thoughts?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
seems like the quintessential intj woman to me, albeit a parody of one. when she gets an idea for pure evil, like when she reads the doctor upstairs's mail, she has that mastermind face. plus her humor is Te all the way, not Ti, and she's DEFINITELY Ni (real tina fey is an intj too).

the show as a whole is a great balance of serious Ni with some Ne spatterings thrown in (tracy, frank, etc). infps seem to like it too, but enfps might not like it bc there's no sympathetic Ne and it's kind of tight (tho not as tight as arrested development was).

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Liz (and Tina) are pure INTP to me, with exaggerations and allowances made for tv, balance of character relationships, having to be the leading lady, etc.

Where do you see Te in her humor?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
liz just wants everything to work the first time. she is not trying to figure anything out. she doesn't seem like a Ti dom to me at all, no jokes are based on logical conclusions or logical purity. she seems like Ni. and tina fey has to have tertiary Fi, and be an enneagram 6.

intp humor is family guy. tina fey is intj. when she is crass, it's more of the Te crassness than intp. i generally don't go for intp humor, i find entp and intj to be consistently hilarious, on the other hand. the whole show is based on her goals and her inability to actually follow thru wiht her objectives, this does not make her a p this makes her a parody. self-efficacy is like the main source of intjness, and her Ni watching that drama and destruction and all the inf Se loose ends disgustingly strewn about all over the place are classic intj. she's a 6, perhaps a 6w7, so she's a nice version, and underneath she seems gooier than an intp. i don't see inf Fe, she tries to relate to others and it's just intj awkward from no Ne and no F predictability as a result. i love tina fey.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NOOOOOO! Good lord, if Family Guy is INTP humor then I refuse to be an INTP.

well the producer does the voice for Brian.... makes u think...doesnt it? (brain's an INTP etc)

Pristinegirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Its sad to say that I am not familiar with ANY of these names :|

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
well the producer does the voice for Brian.... makes u think...doesnt it? (brain's an INTP etc)

Um, I don't understand the significance of what you're saying here. Brian's an INTP, the producer does Brian's voice, and...?

Back on topic, though, I have a hard time deciding if Liz is INTP or INTJ. She's a workaholic and is pretty directive, but at the same time she's sort of adaptable in a way you would expect a P to be.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
NOOOOOO! Good lord, if Family Guy is INTP humor then I refuse to be an INTP.

Agreed. I hate Family Guy. Don't think I've laughed at FG once.

Um, I don't understand the significance of what you're saying here. Brian's an INTP, the producer does Brian's voice, and...?

Back on topic, though, I have a hard time deciding if Liz is INTP or INTJ. She's a workaholic and is pretty directive, but at the same time she's sort of adaptable in a way you would expect a P to be.

Yeah, I think that's where the "adapted for tv" bit comes in. Plus, we INTPs can be serious about work if we love our work or want to make our mark! Also, as a teacher, I am much more directive/rules-oriented at work because if I'm as flexible as I am naturally, I end up creating far more work for myself, due to every student trying to be the exception to the rule. Liz is basically the captain of a group of people with the collective maturity level of an 8 year-old. So if she wants anything to get done, she has to be the grownup, even if she'd rather just be one of the kids.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Liz is basically the captain of a group of people with the collective maturity level of an 8 year-old. So if she wants anything to get done, she has to be the grownup, even if she'd rather just be one of the kids.

Agreed. And this is why I can't decide if she's INTP or INTJ. Even if she's a J, the nature of the people under her charge force her to be more P if she wants to have a modicum of control at work. She's either a classic INTP or an INTJ who has to act more P to get anything done.

And I think Family Guy humor is more S than anything. I find individual scenes in Family Guy to be very funny, but the slipshod structure and general anarchic nature of the episodes kind of offends my J. I think it's funny, but I can't call it a good show.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Liz Lemon - ENTP or INTJ
Jack Donaghy - ENTJ
Tracy Morgan - ENFP
Jenna - ESFP
Cerie - ESFP
Kenneth - ESFJ
Frank - INFP
Jonathan ENFJ

Last edited:

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
According to Jack's background check of Kenneth after losing a poker game to him, Kenneth is a rare combination of extroverted intuitive aggressive. What type would that make?

Ref; Season 1 episode 3

Edit; I mean, ESFJ's being so rare and all...

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
As far as I can remember...

Liz: INTP
Jack: ENTJ
Tracey: ENFP
Jenna: ESFP
Toofer: ISTJ
Kenneth: ESFJ

Also, I reckon Family Guy is more like EXXP humour, getting closer to ESTP as the seasons went on.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm gonna... fifth or sixth Family Guy not being INTP humor. In fact, I liked the first seasons (which I watched around the time I was a Freshmen or Sophomore in High School and not since) but have always really disliked later seasons. Brian is INTP. Fair enough. He seems sometimes to be the only character with the ability to occasionally land a funny, clever, not totally random/reliant on nostalgia alone, well-constructed joke that hasn't been done 10 times before in the show's run.

Liz seems INTP. Her attitude toward strong relationships/living with people is pretty I, and she gets shit done not because she wants to (her personal life is a comedy of failed goals), but because she's the only person with even a smidge of competence. She inherited this responsibility, but she often complains about how much she hates it.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
True, though even Brian has become rather annoying lately. They just fucked up the characters so much. Stewie changed from INTJ to ESFP. Family Guy humour of late is mostly

Fart Joke
Kick someone when they're down
Silly pop-culture reference
Gay Joke
Insult to disabled or non-white people
Sex joke
Peter does something stupid
More pop culture
Fart joke
Cut to an old video for a few minutes

Though I think that's going a bit off track now.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
According to Jack's background check of Kenneth after losing a poker game to him, Kenneth is a rare combination of extroverted intuitive aggressive. What type would that make?

Ref; Season 1 episode 3

Edit; I mean, ESFJ's being so rare and all...

Kenneth Parcell - 30 Rock Wiki
"It was also revealed that on his Myers-Briggs test he was a rare combination of extroverted intuitive and aggressive the same as Jack."

Tracy Morgan's character (since the recent happenings) - ENFP?