tracy morgan enfp
    jenna esfp
    cerie esfp
    kenneth esfj
    frank infp
    topher isfj
    jonathan exfj
    pete intp

notice liz vs jenna and cerie- intj female vs esfp females. thoughts?

MBTI
    abcd

I've read somewhere Liz Lemon is an INTP.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

seems like the quintessential intj woman to me, albeit a parody of one. when she gets an idea for pure evil, like when she reads the doctor upstairs's mail, she has that mastermind face. plus her humor is Te all the way, not Ti, and she's DEFINITELY Ni (real tina fey is an intj too).

the show as a whole is a great balance of serious Ni with some Ne spatterings thrown in (tracy, frank, etc). infps seem to like it too, but enfps might not like it bc there's no sympathetic Ne and it's kind of tight (tho not as tight as arrested development was).

MBTI
    INTP

Liz (and Tina) are pure INTP to me, with exaggerations and allowances made for tv, balance of character relationships, having to be the leading lady, etc.

Where do you see Te in her humor?
    Something Witty

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

liz just wants everything to work the first time. she is not trying to figure anything out. she doesn't seem like a Ti dom to me at all, no jokes are based on logical conclusions or logical purity. she seems like Ni. and tina fey has to have tertiary Fi, and be an enneagram 6.

intp humor is family guy. tina fey is intj. when she is crass, it's more of the Te crassness than intp. i generally don't go for intp humor, i find entp and intj to be consistently hilarious, on the other hand. the whole show is based on her goals and her inability to actually follow thru wiht her objectives, this does not make her a p this makes her a parody. self-efficacy is like the main source of intjness, and her Ni watching that drama and destruction and all the inf Se loose ends disgustingly strewn about all over the place are classic intj. she's a 6, perhaps a 6w7, so she's a nice version, and underneath she seems gooier than an intp. i don't see inf Fe, she tries to relate to others and it's just intj awkward from no Ne and no F predictability as a result. i love tina fey.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    intp humor is family guy.
    NOOOOOO! Good lord, if Family Guy is INTP humor then I refuse to be an INTP.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    well the producer does the voice for Brian.... makes u think...doesnt it? (brain's an INTP etc)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    EIE

Its sad to say that I am not familiar with ANY of these names :|

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    well the producer does the voice for Brian.... makes u think...doesnt it? (brain's an INTP etc)
    Um, I don't understand the significance of what you're saying here. Brian's an INTP, the producer does Brian's voice, and...?

Back on topic, though, I have a hard time deciding if Liz is INTP or INTJ. She's a workaholic and is pretty directive, but at the same time she's sort of adaptable in a way you would expect a P to be.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

Agreed. I hate Family Guy. Don't think I've laughed at FG once.

Um, I don't understand the significance of what you're saying here. Brian's an INTP, the producer does Brian's voice, and...?

Back on topic, though, I have a hard time deciding if Liz is INTP or INTJ. She's a workaholic and is pretty directive, but at the same time she's sort of adaptable in a way you would expect a P to be.
    Yeah, I think that's where the "adapted for tv" bit comes in. Plus, we INTPs can be serious about work if we love our work or want to make our mark! Also, as a teacher, I am much more directive/rules-oriented at work because if I'm as flexible as I am naturally, I end up creating far more work for myself, due to every student trying to be the exception to the rule. Liz is basically the captain of a group of people with the collective maturity level of an 8 year-old. So if she wants anything to get done, she has to be the grownup, even if she'd rather just be one of the kids.
    Something Witty