• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ender's Game *SPOILERS*

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thought I'd bring this back, what with the movie finally coming out and everything...
Everyone's an N in these books. Everyone. Card is probably n-dominant.

Ender: INFJ, obviously.
Bean: INTP, just read the later books in the series.
Petra: ENTP
Peter: INTJ. A clear introvert, always annoyed by social interaction. INTJs can be just as power-hungry as ENTJs.
Valentine: ENFJ
Carlotta: ENFJ
Graff: INTJ
Anton: INTP
Volescu: INTP
Achilles: ENTJ (Could be ENTP, he's pretty flaky. But killing anyone who sees you weak is such a te-dom thing to do)
Theresa: INFJ
John-Paul: ENTJ
Virlomi: ENFJ
Suriyawong: INTJ
Han Tzu: ENTJ
Dink Meeker: ENTP

W

WALMART

Thought I'd bring this back, what with the movie finally coming out and everything...
Everyone's an N in these books. Everyone. Card is probably n-dominant.

Ender: INFJ, obviously.
Bean: INTP, just read the later books in the series.
Petra: ENTP
Peter: INTJ. A clear introvert, always annoyed by social interaction. INTJs can be just as power-hungry as ENTJs.
Valentine: ENFJ
Carlotta: ENFJ
Graff: INTJ
Anton: INTP
Volescu: INTP
Achilles: ENTJ (Could be ENTP, he's pretty flaky. But killing anyone who sees you weak is such a te-dom thing to do)
Theresa: INFJ
John-Paul: ENTJ
Virlomi: ENFJ
Suriyawong: INTJ
Han Tzu: ENTJ
Dink Meeker: ENTP

lol

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remember reading the book and imagining Ender as an NTJ. I see the movie and it seems that he's more tactical than strategic in that he uses the world around him to formulate a course of action rather than conceiving a plan entirely in his mind (this is how tactics and strategy are often confused). He seems to be a person of thought to be applied to some sort of definite action which would suggest that he's closer to ISTP, but I'm uncomfortable with that assessment, as well.

But both Valentine and Peter are such footnotes in the movie that I have no idea what they are. In the book, I would say ENFJ and ENTJ, respectively.

EnderWiggin

MBTI Type
INFJ
I disagree with your typing of Andrew Wiggin.

Andrew does seem to be self contained, but that is true of many INFJ's as well. INFJ's who have a Ni-Fe dominance, and who are further along in their development of their tertiary Ti function, possess a very heightened level of control over their emotions. I've never known an INFJ (although I've only known a few beside myself) who are not, at least partially, self contained. INFJ's are just as sensitive as INFP's, we just tend to absorb more emotion than we give off. Extroverted feeling means we absorb emotional energy, recharge off of it, from the outside; we also tend to give off emotion, but it is quite easy to take that extroverted energy, and filter it through our Ti function to soften, if not completely suppress, our true feelings. If we don't want you to know how we really feel (and we wouldn't in a competitive atmosphere like the military, or specifically battle school) we won't let you in. You can still see basic emotions and feelings, like fatigue and aloofness, but you aren't going to know our true feeling on the subject unless we trust you and let you in (like when Ender cried in front of Bean, and later his Jeesh on Eros).

In reading the book, you get a feel for how Ender thinks, and he is most certainly people oriented. I mean he's a great commander, not because he has a complete strategy, but because he knows his commanders and his subordinates; he understands their strengths, their weaknesses, and how to keep an adaptive strategy. He empathizes with people and understands them too deeply, too wholly to be a T type. He seems to be using Ni-Fe, then Fe-Ti to make his decisions. Taking guidance from his intuitions, applying them in the emotional and psychological context of his opponent's mind (empathy), and then takes what he expects his opponent to do, and thinks of a quick strategy to counter. Those are the steps that I saw in his thinking. Had he been an INTJ (like Bean), he would have first translated his intuition into strategy, then applied his strategy to his opponent, to see how he would then react.

Ender uses deep empathy first, in order to understand his opponent's motives. Once he understands how his opponent thinks, what drive them, what their likely strategy is going to be, he not only understands what his opponent is likely to do, but where his enemy has left himself most vulnerable. The only other person who understands where he has left himself weakened is the enemy himself, if he even is conscious of it (like Bonzo).

I must admit, I am a bit bias on this. I myself am an INFJ with a well developed Ti function. I believe Andrew Wiggin is the same, not because I want him to be an INFJ, but because in reading the books, I identified with Ender's way of thinking at the deepest level. It was like reading about myself had I been in a situation like battle school; maybe it was Card doing a great job with his characterization, but I still stand by my position. Wiggin is an INFJ.

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heck, INTPS can be just as ENTJs; I say this because it applies to me. :newwink: