• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

When Harry Met Sally...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't know if a thread has already been done about this. Believe it or not, I have just watched this movie for the first time, and I'm curious what dynamic is going on here because it's flipping hilarious.

What do you think the types of the two major characters are?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well the only thing I'm absolutely sure of is that Sally is a huge J and Harry is like P beyond belief, but other than that, I was really curious what you guys think....

Here's a rough shot in the dark:

Harry EXXP

Sally IXXJ

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
first guess is

harry enfp
sally intj?

sally seems like she could easily have tertiary Fi of itj, and i'd guess she's more Ni than Si. she doesn't seem that grounded (and she should be if she is TJ). harry is an obvious Fi user. probably e and probably p. obvious N. the leaps in their diner conversation and similar that leave sally with that puzzled quizical look. she seems very organized and segmented and her ordering her food so Te persnickety. sally also hides from him in the bookstore, no? Ni is looking for connections and nervous about possible entanglements and embarrassments that could arise again in the future.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I'd say ENFP for Harry and IxTJ for Sally.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'd say ISTJ is a better fit for Sally than INTJ.

One of my favorite movies.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's been a long time since I've seen it, but Sally is not an INTJ.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
harry enfp
sally intj?

sally istj/estj. this is what happens when you have an enfp playing an stj. we can see some of the Te, but she's no istj and that's for damn sure. but that makes more sense overall than estj. sally's obviously got at least tertiary Fi, she's meg ryan!