User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 33

  1. #1
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,352

    Question Edison and Einstein

    Does anyone have a good idea what types Edison and Einstein were?

  2. #2
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Does anyone have a good idea what types Edison and Einstein were?
    Traditional readings (which have good cases for them)
    Edison: ENTP
    Einstein: INTP
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #3
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Traditional readings (which have good cases for them)
    Edison: ENTP
    Einstein: INTP

    I'd agree... except that Edison might of been a J. He was a real bastard and actively went out to hurt his competitors. He viewed life as much from a control/win point of view than invention.

  4. #4
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I think they were both ENTPs.

  5. #5
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I'd agree... except that Edison might of been a J. He was a real bastard and actively went out to hurt his competitors. He viewed life as much from a control/win point of view than invention.
    Hmmm. Good point -- there was that whole dreadful business with Tesla, wasn't there?

    (Maybe he was just a cranky ENTP whose mother never rocked him to sleep?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #6
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Hmmm. Good point -- there was that whole dreadful business with Tesla, wasn't there?

    (Maybe he was just a cranky ENTP whose mother never rocked him to sleep?)
    It wasn't just telsa... but yah, his... how do you say, amoral approach towards winning over AC was certainly dramatic. I can see an ENTP doing this... but I can also see the xNTJ drive in him, along with the ugly aspects of his personality.

    I mean, contrast this to Einstein who was socially incompetent, relationship retarded and fought against his own theories for much of his own life... the gap between ENTP and INTP isn't that big, and there is a huge gap in how Einstein and Edison approached all aspects of life.

  7. #7
    Senior Member "?"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I'd agree... except that Edison might of been a J. He was a real bastard and actively went out to hurt his competitors. He viewed life as much from a control/win point of view than invention.
    Most ENTPs at entp.org agree with you.

  8. #8
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Most ENTPs at entp.org agree with you.
    They would

  9. #9

    Default

    Has anyone been able to get a copy of Edison's diary?

    I read part of it in college, and tried to order it used through a bookseller on Amazon (they took the money but I never got the book).

    He seems to project a very different persona externally when compared to what he was thinking. I could see him as an Ni when he was reflecting on things, from what little I read.

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

  10. #10
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    It wasn't just telsa... but yah, his... how do you say, amoral approach towards winning over AC was certainly dramatic. I can see an ENTP doing this... but I can also see the xNTJ drive in him, along with the ugly aspects of his personality.

    I mean, contrast this to Einstein who was socially incompetent, relationship retarded and fought against his own theories for much of his own life... the gap between ENTP and INTP isn't that big, and there is a huge gap in how Einstein and Edison approached all aspects of life.
    NTs are pretty much the least social of all the groups, but I suspect that the xNTJ treads the anti-social or snobbery line more than the xNTP.

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. [Ne] Einstein and Extraverted Intuition
    By Maha Raj in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 08:18 AM
  3. Kicking and screaming
    By rivercrow in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO