User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Larry David?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Default Larry David?

Larry David fucking rules, Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of the best shows on television. His demeneor and attitude towards life is interesting because I, an INTP with ENTP qualities, tend to see a lot of myself in him, how he always goes on long tirades to explain that what he did was right, how he questions social norms, how he doesn't really realize the implications of what he's doing, or he does, and he does those things anyway just to see what would happen. Any input on this?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Heh, there have been threads on this before, and although no one agrees with me I see Larry David as an INFJ that is living out his revenge fantasies. He says in interviews that this is the person he wishes he could be, but he never acts on his fantasies.

I have to say that as an ENTP I don't relate too much to him. While I say what I want and don't care what people think, Larry David obsesses over what people think. He also obsesses over little things that seem trivial to me. On the other hand his thought process is eerily similar to my INFJ wife.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I went for ENTP first, but lately I think he's just a really arrogant and unusually self-confident INTP.

He's soooo Ti almost all the time; most of the show's humor is based on that.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I think he's an INFJ with developed Ti.

MBTI
    INTJ

I love Larry David! It makes me pleased that he may be the same type as me. He thinks about things the same way as I do but I wouldn't say a lot of what he says (I'm too worried about hurting other people's feelings). My boyfriend (ENTP) reminds me a lot of him too. Sometimes when we are talking to each other we go on tangents where we both sound like Larry David and I think if anyone else listened in, they would be horrified.
    I would definitely say ENTP over INTP though. INFJ maybe. Just a very insensitive one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know where you guys get INFJ at all. He's constantly trying to explain to people logically why they shouldn't feel how they do, and much of the humor comes from his hilariously undeveloped Fe.

When his Fe does come out it's typically immature and very unaware of context, typical for a tertiary/inferior function (INTP's inferior Fe.) I don't know how you guys can get INFJ at all.

ENTP is much more possible than INFJ, but still doesn't quite work because he doesn't use all that much outward Ne. I don't see anything other than INTP working here.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I don't know where you guys get INFJ at all. He's constantly trying to explain to people logically why they shouldn't feel how they do, and much of the humor comes from his hilariously undeveloped Fe.

When his Fe does come out it's typically immature and very unaware of context, typical for a tertiary/inferior function (INTP's inferior Fe.) I don't know how you guys can get INFJ at all.

ENTP is much more possible than INFJ, but still doesn't quite work because he doesn't use all that much outward Ne. I don't see anything other than INTP working here.

I think INFJ because his show is so focused on social mores. I don't think about these things as much as he does, and I'm an ENTP with a fairly developed Fe. I think he could be an INFJ who resents being one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I think INFJ because his show is so focused on social mores. I don't think about these things as much as he does, and I'm an ENTP with a fairly developed Fe. I think he could be an INFJ who resents being one.
    I don't know about David's real life personality, but his character on the show is horrifically out of touch with social mores.

Not INFJ. The main theme seems to be Ti showing how ridiculous it thinks most social mores are.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I don't know about David's real life personality, but his character on the show is horrifically out of touch with social mores.

Not INFJ. The main theme seems to be Ti showing how ridiculous it thinks most social mores are.

Just to be clear: I think Larry David, the real person, is an INFJ. Not the character. I think the character is an NT.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Just to be clear: I think Larry David, the real person, is an INFJ. Not the character. I think the character is an NT.
    I'm not sure the character on the show is really typable. All the scenarios come from INFJ revenge fantasies. Larry gets to live out on TV all of the things he doesn't have the guts to do in RL. So he's either a really neurotic NT, or a really insensitive NF.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com