User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ

My reason for her being INTJ is her unhealthy use of Se. She uses it to threaten the patients. "If you refuse to take your pills I'll just have to give them to you rectally"

She makes it perfectly clear that pain follows not obeying her and that punishment will be immediate and physically brutal.
    Stupid as a man, say the women: cowardly as a woman, say the men. Stupidity in a woman is unwomanly.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Dogs never bite me. Just humans.
    Marilyn Monroe

The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood.
    Buddha

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

That's probably a better reason than mine. My reason is the 10 years I've worked with an ISTJ female boss who jokes that the way to make men behave is to make emasculating remarks when they get out of line. It's possible she's mistyped but I doubt it; she told me her type herself and she does not make mistakes.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    He's an ESTP all right.

Cunning, history of assault, sex with a minor

Ratchet is ISTJ, but Im not sure about the rest. They're crazy!

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Sadly, this movie is actually not far from the truth when compared to psych. hospitals in the 70s! So many anecdotes. One of a few reasons I didn't complete my training as a psych. nurse.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INFJ

But, I'm not completely sure I can't really remember her ever using Ni. She's pretty controlling and into the whole order thing. She was an army nurse so xSTJ makes sense. Also, I was kind of just talking out of my ass. You guys are probably right.
    Stupid as a man, say the women: cowardly as a woman, say the men. Stupidity in a woman is unwomanly.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Marilyn Monroe

Buddha

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    Sadly, this movie is actually not far from the truth when compared to psych. hospitals in the 70s! So many anecdotes. One of a few reasons I didn't complete my training as a psych. nurse.
    The exact reason I'm not a music therapist. One semester of observation at Saint Elizabeth's mental hospital did me in.

MBTI
    INFJ

Its interesting you say that because Kesey wrote this book based off his observations while in a mental hospital. He was testing LSD for the government at the time. He was an orderly.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Marilyn Monroe

Buddha

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I have yet to read the book, but I saw the movie two days ago. It was depressing, but I love the over-all message.

Here is my impression (if there are any discrepancies between the film and the novel, please inform me). I acknowledge that most of these characters are probably unhealthy, but whatever.

Randle Patrick McMurphy- ENTP

Nurse Mildred Ratched - INTJ

Dale Harding - IXFJ

Billy Bibbit - INFP

Sydney Lassick - ENFP

Martini - ISFP

Chief Bromden - IXXX

Max Taber - XSTP
    I think most of these are spot-on.

My opinions:

McMurphy - E_TP - I am not sure whether he is S or N. He definitely has a hedonistic streak in the movie, which is what landed him in trouble in the first place. At the same time, as the movie proceeds, he seems to have more than disregard for the rules (and something more like NT-contempt for the arbitrary rules). I think part of his reluctance to leave is rooted in his belief that the patients are harmed by Ratched’s control, and his leadership style is a lot like Keirsey’s NT Individuator in that he wants and provides for them some freedom to grow. This is the one of the two reasons he takes the patients on the fishing trip: 1) For the SP Se experience of it, 2) For the catalyst of growth and confidence that the trip provides. See how he puts Cheswick, for example, at the wheel of the boat.

Nurse Ratched - ISTJ - I can't recall a more distorted SJ character in a movie. Sure, we're all used to the cliche INTJ scheming villian, but I think Nurse Ratched is a classic dysfunctional SJ. Ratched as an SJ would make her the perfect nemesis of an NT McMurphy, assuming that’s what he is. She is obsessed with rules and procedure, and often uses them as favored tools in her sadistic treatment of the patients. Recall what she says after the “incident” with Billy Bibbit:

“The best thing we can do is go on with our daily routine.”

Harding - ISFJ

Billy Bibbit - ENFP - He seems more shy than introverted.

Cheswick - ENFJ - Definitely an NF. He reacts strongly to having his perceived rights trampled on (with the cigarettes), and notably, during one prominent scene he is disturbed enough by the lack of Fe being used by Nurse Ratched that he has to speak up:

“If Billy doesn’t feel like talking, why are you pressing him?”

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5NyyC-UjBM&feature=related"][/YOUTUBE]

YouTube - i want my cigarettes

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jESI8JZUbDQ&feature=related"][/YOUTUBE]

YouTube - World Series Scene - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest

Martini - ISFP

Chief Bromden - INFP

Taber - _S_P
    I (89%) N (88%) T (88%) P (56%)

Ti > Ne > Ni > Te > Si = Se > Fi > Fe

Enneagram: 5

MBTI
    ISTP

I want MY cigarettes!!!!!!