• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tupac and Pierre Trudeau

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Another thing - ARROGANCE.

Tupac is extremely arrogant. I know some F's are too. But they do it in more of a primmadonna way. Like Prince (there's a real INFP for you btw) and Michael Jackson.

The way Tupac was arrogant. NT for sure. Te I would say, although I considered ENTP for him too. He's way too sure of himself and doesnt have the self doubt thing. Rather the unshakable confidence of an ENTJ

redacted

kurt cobain, tupac, and eminem are all NPs...

kurt cobain is basically the prototype of INFP. eminem seems enfp, tupac seems infp.

"tortured soul" is Fi.

redacted

tupac uses Te, sure. but if it were dominant, he'd have a much harder time describing his feelings so perfectly.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
CONFLICT - NF's and most F's in general avoid conflict. They hate it. They can stand up for what they believe, but when things get TOO HOT, they always back away and retreat. Especially the IxFx types.

Tupac, if you listen to his music, LOVED conflict and often was the one STARTING conflict. I know the whole sensitivity thing, blah blah blah, but there's no way I can see him as a Feeler. His motto: "no retreat, no surrender".

Dont forget ENTJ's are highly idealistic as well. He idealizes California, Heaven, Thug Life, etc. And he's not very inventive(Ne). He's a visionary(Ni)... planning about the future. Visions of his own death (most called him a prophet). Visions of equality among races. He spoke a lot about how he envisioned the future of America to be. or atleast what he thought it should be.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
tupac uses Te, sure. but if it were dominant, he'd have a much harder time describing his feelings so perfectly.

Wrong.

I'm 100% sure I'm NT and I have no problem at all describing my feelings.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
"tortured soul" is Fi.

No it's not.

ISFP's also have dominant Fi and they are not tortured souls at all. Theyre simple, innocent and easy going bimbos. Pheobe from the show "Friends" is a good example of an ISFP, Fi-dominant.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
kurt cobain is basically the prototype of INFP. tupac seems infp.

This is how stupid you are.

You are saying they are the same type. I agree that Cobain is INFx of some sort.

Watch their interviews. They are completely opposite.

Cobain - withdrawn, depressive, moody... typical INF

Tupac - confident, outspoken, rude, brash, aggressive... typical ENT

YouTube - 2-pac Documentary

LOL! Watch the 1:30-2:12 part.

I dont know any INF's who walk around with a swagger and start spitting on random reporters. It's not a very NF thing to do.

2pac: "I know what I'm doing. I'm DESTROYING them!!" <---typical ENTJ

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
ENFPs - gwen stefani, ashton kutcher, cris angel, tony danza, lead singer from RHCP, rosie odonnell, britney murphy

Do any of them give off a vibe that's even slighty similar? Hell No.

Do ANY NF's act the way he does in the videos I showed? Never.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Here's a Kurt Cobain interview.

YouTube - Kurt Cobain Interview (August 93) in Seattle

And you're saying him and 2Pac are the same type? LOL. Look how drastically different they speak and express their thoughts.

Seriously... Get a clue. I don't even have to call you an idiot. You should already know.

On another note: Notice how 2Pac NEVER has the depressed/melancholy thing going on like NF's do. Despite being shot, robbed, back stabbed, put in jail for a crime he didnt commit, etc etc... he never once seems depressed/melancholic.

Rather he protests about it all in a rational, logical manner. What's that? DUH! Its a fuckin NT Rational.

You think NT's are all science geeks and bookworms who do calculus 23 hours a day? Holy shit some of you dont know what you're talking about.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Another thing...like i've already said before: NF's are co-operators, just like the SJ's.

NT's are UTILITARIAN. The biggest rule breakers. Most likely to ignore established rules and procedures. NT's "Sometimes deliberately choose to ignore rules or others' wishes or concerns". 2pac = co-operator? No way in hell.

He did it his own way. Utilitarian. In his owns words: "Against All Odds". "F*ck The World if they can't adjust to me". Typical ENT.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can definetetly see Tupac as the lead in " There Will Be Blood "

ENTJ seems perfect
and....
we often don't consider how much the inferior function is actually visible

ex.
i am known for my sensuousness and metaphors about food
almost all of my lyrics contain some allusion to nature or sex

redacted

Another thing...like i've already said before: NF's are co-operators, just like the SJ's.

NT's are UTILITARIAN. The biggest rule breakers. Most likely to ignore established rules and procedures. NT's "Sometimes deliberately choose to ignore rules or others' wishes or concerns". 2pac = co-operator? No way in hell.

He did it his own way. Utilitarian. In his owns words: "Against All Odds". "F*ck The World if they can't adjust to me". Typical ENT.

maybe ENTP i guess. i must admit i'm not intimately familiar with his character.

you do seem to have a misconception about Fi, though. Fi does not care about external standards at all. that's why it's called introverted feeling. xxFPs have much more variability among them than xxTPs, xxTJs, and xxFJs.

also, SJs are not necessarily cooperators. once STJs have an idea, they're quite uncooperative. it's the SFJs that are cooperators. just like the NFJs. NFPs and SFPs will cooperate if they feel like it, but if something feels "wrong" to them, they'll be the LEAST cooperative types.

btw, you should really adjust your debating style. personal insults are unhelpful, unnecessary, and inefficient. if you want to question a premise or logical step, that's great -- that's what the board is all about. but it makes good discussion less likely if you argue like you do.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think sakuraba is arguing
its just a very resonant tone
very critical, yes
perhaps offensive if you take it that way
but, i find that its honest and therefore necessary
perhaps thats not the best way to communicate, but it belongs to him/her

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Sakuraba, you need to chill, and stop calling people idiots. Your arguments are not perfect either (but you do have some valid points). The more you talk, the more I start to think he could be INFP (although your points on ENTJ are still pretty good... it's a toss up for sure).

Why the hell are you trying to compare Amy Lee to Tupac as proof Tupac isn't INFP when they come from such radically different places that even if they were the same type they would be radically different anyway. I think it would be better to do some comparisons with some other rap artists, especially INFP and ENTJ ones (i.e. the RZA is a classic ENTJ, but he doesn't really seem that similar to Tupac to me based on what I've seen).

YouTube - Tupac Age 17

Thats Tupac when he was 17. If that isn't NF, nothing is.

YouTube - Tupac Interview

Another one where he shows some very NF like characteristics.

Yes, Tupac didn't have it that bad but he still had it pretty bad (too poor to go to college despite being highly intellectually gifted, and being surrounded by other young black men who could also be going to college if it wasn't for being poor, hopeless, helpless, and surrounded by drug addiction and violence. Tupac was certainly exposed to all that and saw it every day and recognized the problem. The problem clearly bothered him a great deal. Even watch those videos you linked, he has that kind of NF fire and passion to his cause.

If having Fi is his inferior function coming to the surface as ENTJ, isn't it just as possible that all of your points are his Te inferior function coming to the surface as an INFP? I think that makes just as much sense, personally (which is why I'm on the fence right now).

A lot of those things he said ("against all odds", ect) could be said by any intelligent person in his situation -he was against all odds; he lived surrounded by poverty, drug addiction, abuse, corruption, ect. He did go against all odds. "Fuck the world if it can't adjust to me" could be identified as INFP stubborness, as well. I've probably said that myself. It's by no means an exclusively or even dominantly ENT thing to say.

As for never seeming depressed or melancholic, on one hand thats a bit of a stereotype and on the other hand some of those youtube clips from the documentary seem to show he may have experienced that to some degree (i.e. "he began to lose a lot of control"... he began going deeper and deeper into the anger and everything rather than thr sympathy some of his earlier stuff has... could be classic Fi). I only saw some short clips, but they certainly showed the capacity for a lot of anger, depression, ect.

And as Dissonance said, NF's are not neccesarily co operative. I know in my own experience I've been very stubborn, very against the grain, very uncooperative, ect, for the sake of trying to achieve some kind of change or improvement (although never about anything as big or important as Tupac, but I'm also not exposed to anything like he was on a regular or even infrequent basis). NFs are definitely not neccesarily cooperative though. Even the whole quest for harmony thing fits well with Tupac; he neer had harmony, he was always surrounded by turbulance and chaos and it stressed him out, it threw him off. Thats what those speaches linked in this thread are all about, especially the 1992 one, I'd say.

I think everything he did certainly fits the INFP catagory in some respect, at least as well as ENTJ.

What I find fascinating about this is the difference the inferior function is making here. It seems to me that he is either an ENTJ with a well developed Fi function or an INFP with a well developed Te. The inferior usually isn't the dealmaker in typing people...

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
I don't think sakuraba is arguing
its just a very resonant tone
very critical, yes
perhaps offensive if you take it that way
but, i find that its honest and therefore necessary
perhaps thats not the best way to communicate, but it belongs to him/her

Thank you.

I admit some of my comments could be taken as "offensive". What p*sses me off is when people don't know what they are talking about and still try to tell you what's what.

Here you even say: "i must admit i'm not intimately familiar with his character."

Seriously, if you dont know something, dont act like you do.

Water under the bridge.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
One other thing about Pac, he had a poetry book called "The Rose That Grew From Concrete", and all the amazon reviews I'm reading claim it is filled with passion and emotion (Fi). Take that for whatever it is worth...

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
GZA, I dont know how any one in their right mind could say Tupac was introverted.

I'm guessing your doing the same thing as dissonance did... "I'm an xNFP and I like Tupac's music so I will try to convince others he was the same type as me".

Ugh! Some ppl are so naive. Look further into his character. He's described as a isolated, autonomous, independant, critical, workohalic, no times for mistakes, would lash out at others when they messed up(perfectionist), competitive. All typical NT traits.