User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 54

  1. #41
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    One other thing about Pac, he had a poetry book called "The Rose That Grew From Concrete", and all the amazon reviews I'm reading claim it is filled with passion and emotion (Fi). Take that for whatever it is worth...
    So what? Fedor Emelianenko (strongest fighter in the world) is a blatant ESTJ 8w9 and he has a book full of drawings he made of innocent looking cartoons and babies.

    This is Fi-last for you. Expressing the Fi in privacy (drawings, poetry, etc). It's not like Tupac himself published that book. It was his private book of poetry (which is excouraged in art schools, once again) and when he died, someone pimped it out to made some quick money off it.

  2. #42
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    I'm guessing your doing the same thing as dissonance did... "I'm an xNFP and I like Tupac's music so I will try to convince others he was the same type as me".
    do you notice the irony there? lol.

    i'm not an xNFP btw.

  3. #43
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    GZA, I dont know how any one in their right mind could say Tupac was introverted.

    I'm guessing your doing the same thing as dissonance did... "I'm an xNFP and I like Tupac's music so I will try to convince others he was the same type as me".

    Ugh! Some ppl are so naive. Look further into his character. He's described as a isolated, autonomous, independant, critical, workohalic, no times for mistakes, would lash out at others when they messed up(perfectionist), competitive. All typical NT traits.
    Uh huh
    Although INxJ's and ExTJ's are probably the most notorious perfectionists
    I N V I C T U S

  4. #44
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP
    Posts
    371

    Default

    -"Love or Work. I only have time for one. Right now I'm in love with my work" - 2pac... Paraphrased, not an exact quote. Very NT. Read his interviews. Theyre all over the place, do a google search.
    Perhaps more than any other style, NT's live in their work.


    -SP and NT are utilitarian. SJ and NF are co-operative. 2pac was utilitarian. "By any means necessary". Very defiant.
    To accept an authority figure based solely on the fact that he is an authority figure, to the NT is ludicrous. The fact that a person proclaims something, whatever his or her title, reputation, or credentials, leaves the NT indifferent. This tends to make others see the NT as arrogant, and unusually individualistic. An unfortunate signal the NT unconsciously sends out is that those around him are intellectually inadequate.




    -Take a look at photos... He always has a detached demeanor even amongst close friends. Typical of NT.
    The NT speculates about the possible motivation and thoughts of those he is with, trying to fit his experiences into some system he carries around in his head. In fact, he may be so occupied with trying to figure out what is happening, as it is happening, that he misses living the event. At times, the NT seems to stand beside, instead of in the stream of life, seeming to watch bemusedly as the river flows by -- a little distanced, a little detached, a little uninvolved.













    I could see either ENTP or ENTJ. He has the rebellioness and hate for authority like ENTPs. Had a generally serious demeanor and vision of the future like ENTJ. In his acting roles he comes off similar to Al Pacino(ESTJ sx/sp?). He's also known for having a big mouth...blunt, speaking without caring what others think.

    I guess both ENTJ and ENTP can be charming. He has a optimistic yet angry outlook. Again, could be either. Would like to hear others opinions here.

  5. #45
    To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Another point to consider, perhaps, Sakuraba, you have to take into consideration that the world he lived in was very much a ETJ sort of culture - wouldn't it make more sense that, as an INFP, he would be forced to develop his Te, just to survive?

    It seems to me that an ENTJ, although capable of developing his feeling side, would really have very little cause to do so in that culture... it's not something that is valued much at all.

    It is not unlikely for an introvert, even an introverted feeler, to show an arrogant and isolated face to the world - they are certainly more likely to be isolated than ENTPs, at least. In those photos he looks slightly awkward and uncomfortable - like he's 'supposed' to be in those situations more than he really wants to be. That strikes me more as an I thing than an NT thing. NT isolation is more of a distracted, thoughtful sort - like they're concocting grand schemes in their mind and people are just much less interesting than that...

    Just some thoughts...
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

    9w1 so/sx/sp

  6. #46
    Resident Snot-Nose GZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    do you notice the irony there? lol.

    i'm not an xNFP btw.
    And I'm not really much of a Tupac fan. I'm definitely not going "I like Tupac and want to be like him so therefor I hope he is my type". I do think you have a lot of great points, he does have a lot of NT traits, but the interviews I watched (and even some of the points you made) came off as NFish or are things that apply to both NT's and NF's, just in slightly different ways. I'm kind of on the ENTX/INFX fence, but I'll just take your word for it for now that he may well have been ENTX

    But I just have one more thing to say about his poetry/introversion. I got the impression he was introverted because some of his poems expressed a deep need for solitude and introspection.

    Whatever, I'm done.

  7. #47
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    But I just have one more thing to say about his poetry/introversion. I got the impression he was introverted because some of his poems expressed a deep need for solitude and introspection.

    Whatever, I'm done.

    DUH!

    The core trait of all NT's is a strong need for AUTONOMY. NT's are not exactly people-persons. Even the most extraverted NT's will tell you that.

    To suggest 2pac is an introvert of any kind is like saying Madonna in her wild days was an introvert.

  8. #48
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Another point to consider, perhaps, Sakuraba, you have to take into consideration that the world he lived in was very much a ETJ sort of culture

    Except you're wrong.... He didn't live in a ETJ sort of culture.

    Quite the opposite... As Ive already mentioned he always attended ART SCHOOLS. For acting, poety, writing, etc. If anything, that would be considered an NF culture.

    Which would explain why he might seem to have NFish traits even though he isn't NF.

  9. #49
    To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Posts
    892

    Default

    And yet not one of those photos that you posted above would be anything like I'd imagine an 'NF' environment to be...

    Anyway, let's get the facts straight, lifted straight from Wikipedia:

    Struggle and incarceration surrounded Shakur from an early age. His godfather, Elmer "Geronimo" Pratt, a high ranking Black Panther, was convicted of murdering a school teacher during a 1968 robbery, although his sentence was later overturned. His stepfather, Mutulu Shakur, spent four years at large on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list beginning in 1982, when Shakur was a pre-teen. Mutulu was wanted in part for having helped his sister Assata Shakur (also known as Joanne Chesimard), Tupac's godmother, to escape from a penitentiary in New Jersey, where she had been incarcerated for allegedly shooting a state trooper to death in 1973. Mutulu was caught in 1986 and imprisoned for the robbery of a Brinks armored truck in which two police officers and a guard were killed. Tupac had a half-sister, Sekyiwa, two years his junior, and an older stepbrother, Mopreme "Komani" Shakur, who appeared on many of his recordings.

    At the age of twelve, Shakur enrolled in Harlem's famous "127th Street Ensemble." His first major role with this acting troupe was as Travis in A Raisin in the Sun. In 1984, his family relocated to Baltimore, Maryland. After completing his second year at Paul Lawrence Dunbar High School he transferred to the Baltimore School for the Arts, where he studied acting, poetry, jazz, and ballet. He performed in Shakespeare plays, and in the role of the Mouse King in The Nutcracker. Shakur, accompanied by one of his friends, Dana "Mouse" Smith, as his beatbox, won most of the many rap competitions that he participated in and was considered to be the best rapper in his school. Although he lacked trendy clothing, he was one of the most popular kids in his school because of his sense of humor, superior rapping skills, and ability to mix in with all crowds. He developed a close friendship with a young Jada Pinkett (later Jada Pinkett Smith) that lasted until Shakur's death. In the documentary Tupac: Resurrection, Shakur says, "Jada is my heart. She will be my friend for my whole life," and Smith calls Shakur "one of my best friends. He was like a brother. It was beyond friendship for us. The type of relationship we had, you only get that once in a lifetime." A poem written by Shakur titled "Jada" appears in his book, The Rose That Grew From Concrete, which also includes a poem dedicated to Smith called "The Tears in Cupid's Eyes".

    In June 1988, Shakur and his family moved once again, this time to Marin City, California, where he attended Tamalpais High School. He joined the Ensemble Theater Company (ETC) to pursue his career in entertainment. His mother's crack addiction led him to move into Leila Steinberg's home with his friend Ray Luv at the age of seventeen and he eventually dropped out of high school. Leila Steinberg acted as a literary mentor to Shakur, an avid reader. Steinberg has kept copies of the books that he read, which include J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye, Jamaica Kincaid's At the Bottom of the River, Herman Melville's Moby-Dick, Eileen Southern's Music of Black Americans, and the feminist writings of Alice Walker and Robin Morgan. Most of these books were read before the age of twenty. It has been said that Shakur was, in fact, more well-read and intellectually well-rounded at that age than the average student in the first year class of most Ivy League institutions. In 1989, Leila Steinberg organized a concert with Shakur's group, Strictly Dope. The concert lead to him being signed with Atron Gregory who set him up with Digital Underground. In 1990, he was hired as a back-up dancer and roadie for up-and-coming rap group Digital Underground.
    By any account, his childhood was not a peaceful one - he grew up around criminals of all sorts, and I assume his family condoned that sort of behaviour - even encouraged it?

    He seems to go completely against the grain of his family's values when he joins the acting troupe, and it isn't until he's about 15 that he actually goes to a School for the Arts. A person's character has been quite firmly affected by their circumstances and familial values well before they turn 15. Although ENTJs most certainly can be NF-like and 'arty' if they are raised in that sort of gentle, NF environment, I would hardly call Tupac's circumstances one fitting that description.

    Also, he is described as having an 'ability to mix in with all crowds'. That seems a lot more like an NFP type of flexibility/adaptability than an ENTJs arrogance/isolation.

    Notice the difference in description between his sociability in this time period, as opposed to later on. Here, in this 'NF environment', he is 'one of the most popular kids in school'. Later on, when he is immersed in this world of rappers (I assume it's an ETJ sort of culture, but maybe more EST? This is just a guess from me, TBH), even you've said he is 'isolated', uncomfortable.

    To me, that seems like a clear indication that he is in fact an NF, albeit with a strongly developed T.

    As far as the introversion/extraversion thing goes, the fact that he was an avid, well-read reader (meaning he actually did read, not just simply enjoyed to read) seems to echo of a personality naturally more inward focused than outwards.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

    9w1 so/sx/sp

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Don't know about Tupac, but I think Pierre was an INTJ. Why? I shook his hand in 1983 and that's the vibe I got. (just making sure I live up to sakuraba's high expectations of me)

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. Canadians, how do you feel about Justin Trudeau's job so far and did you vote for him
    By mooseantlers in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2016, 02:15 PM
  3. Kicking and screaming
    By rivercrow in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO