User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: V.I Lenin

Post V.I Lenin

Wikipedia says INTJ but I don't think so. So what type would he be?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

deleted

I know in socionics he's kind of a classic ESTp there, versus having an array of interpretations, so that's why I bring that up. Not sure about MBTI.

Sniffles

Why not INTJ? That sounds reasonably accurate, given what I know about the man.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Wikipedia says INTJ but I don't think so. So what type would he be?
    How many of these guys are you gonna claim for ENTP anyway? Can't at least some of the evil overlords be INTJ, huh?

Sniffles

From Robert Service's Lenin:A Biography pg. 7-8:
    [Lenin] was an able suppressor of outward emotion. He acted calmly even after the trauma he suffered when his elder brother Alexander was hanged; and later he was to find steady satisfaction in his work alongside his wife...There was always the possibility of an explosion:Lenin was a human time-bomb. His intellectual influences thrust him towards Revolution and his inner rage made this impulse frentic. Lenin had a greater passion for destruction than love for the proletariat. His personality is closely linked to the kind of politician he became. His angry outbursts were legendary throughout the party before 1917; shortly before he died they became so acute that serious questions arose about his mental equilibrium, even his sanity. But usually he took a grip on himself and channelled his anger into a controlled form of agression. He was a political warrior.

MBTI
    INTJ

Peguy, that description could be applicable to an INFJ as well (probably more so than an INTJ, even)
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Peguy, that description could be applicable to an INFJ as well (probably more so than an INTJ, even)
    Yeah but Lenin was a compulsive workaholic, and certainly had considerable organizational abilities.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I know in socionics he's kind of a classic ESTp there, versus having an array of interpretations, so that's why I bring that up. Not sure about MBTI.
    Socionics also absurdly lists Vladimir Putin and Osama bin Laden as ENTPs, based on the shape of their nose and the twinkle in their eye or whatever...
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yeah but Lenin was a compulsive workaholic, and certainly had considerable organizational abilities.
    Read up on Mel Gibson... a workaholic INFJ who has considerable organizational abilities, unpredictable emotional outbursts, and bouts of paranoia.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Read up on Mel Gibson... a workaholic INFJ who has considerable organizational abilities, unpredictable emotional outbursts, and bouts of paranoia.
    Thats nice but doesn't show how Lenin was such. Although SW had him classified as ENFJ.