• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

V.I Lenin

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Wikipedia says INTJ but I don't think so. So what type would he be?

deleted
I know in socionics he's kind of a classic ESTp there, versus having an array of interpretations, so that's why I bring that up. Not sure about MBTI.

S

Sniffles

Why not INTJ? That sounds reasonably accurate, given what I know about the man.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Wikipedia says INTJ but I don't think so. So what type would he be?

How many of these guys are you gonna claim for ENTP anyway? Can't at least some of the evil overlords be INTJ, huh?

S

Sniffles

From Robert Service's Lenin:A Biography pg. 7-8:
[Lenin] was an able suppressor of outward emotion. He acted calmly even after the trauma he suffered when his elder brother Alexander was hanged; and later he was to find steady satisfaction in his work alongside his wife...There was always the possibility of an explosion:Lenin was a human time-bomb. His intellectual influences thrust him towards Revolution and his inner rage made this impulse frentic. Lenin had a greater passion for destruction than love for the proletariat. His personality is closely linked to the kind of politician he became. His angry outbursts were legendary throughout the party before 1917; shortly before he died they became so acute that serious questions arose about his mental equilibrium, even his sanity. But usually he took a grip on himself and channelled his anger into a controlled form of agression. He was a political warrior.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Peguy, that description could be applicable to an INFJ as well (probably more so than an INTJ, even)

S

Sniffles

Peguy, that description could be applicable to an INFJ as well (probably more so than an INTJ, even)

Yeah but Lenin was a compulsive workaholic, and certainly had considerable organizational abilities.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know in socionics he's kind of a classic ESTp there, versus having an array of interpretations, so that's why I bring that up. Not sure about MBTI.

Socionics also absurdly lists Vladimir Putin and Osama bin Laden as ENTPs, based on the shape of their nose and the twinkle in their eye or whatever...

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah but Lenin was a compulsive workaholic, and certainly had considerable organizational abilities.

Read up on Mel Gibson... a workaholic INFJ who has considerable organizational abilities, unpredictable emotional outbursts, and bouts of paranoia.

S

Sniffles

Read up on Mel Gibson... a workaholic INFJ who has considerable organizational abilities, unpredictable emotional outbursts, and bouts of paranoia.
Thats nice but doesn't show how Lenin was such. Although SW had him classified as ENFJ.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Peguy, I'm just saying its possible. I don't really know enough about Lenin's personality to venture an accurate guess... but the xNxJ part makes a lot of sense.

Meta, yeah, Putin seems like a textbook INTJ to me.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As a former communist, I have read a lot about Mr. Lenin.
To me he seems like a slightly extroverted character. Definite N-type.
The fact that he took Marx's ideas and turned them into something practical, his focus upon changing the external world, public speaking and definite leader-status as well as the fits of rage suggests ENFJ, in my eyes.
I would want to say "ENTJ", because I definitely think I would have liked and admired him, and would want to claim him for the ENTJ camp :D
But he had a passion, resolve and love for his cause that I don't think any non-ENFJ can muster.

If you'll excuse me, now I am going to have an idealistic moment and listen to the Soviet national anthem.

Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!

lenin-october-revolution.jpg

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[YOUTUBE="LtU3vUOa2sw"]Soviet National anthem in English[/YOUTUBE]

S

Sniffles

Well at least you posted the 1944 version, with the original references to Stalin(which were taken out after his death).

Although "the Internationale" was the original Soviet anthem before then, but remained the official anthem of the Communist Party:
[youtube="fCFibtD3H_k"]Original Soviet anthem[/youtube]

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course. I don't like the new versions at all :(

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
YLJ, I grew up in USSR and it fucking sucked.

I know a lot of NTs who have a hard on for communism, because they assume they'd be running the show. Chances are though, you'd be digging a trench in Siberia at the point of a gun, not writing up 5 year plans for the entire nation.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Former communist, dude. Former. My bubble burst when I was like seventeen.
The ideals and the propaganda are pretty awesome, though.
The rest kind of sucked, although some things were good on an international scale.
Like the participation in WWII, without which Europe would probably still be under nazi rule. Etc.

Now, let's not derail this too far. I completely agree with you, i'd probably be digging in Siberia at the point of a lovely Mosin nagant if I lived in Soviet Russia before WWII, and by the point of an AK-47 if I lived there after...
Anyway. Trenches. Guns. Dying of combined starvation, hypothermia, tuberculosis and God-knows-what. Probably some kind of STD, since I am a notorious slut.

S

Sniffles

Com'on let's a take a few minutes to venerate St. Uncle Joe:
[youtube="dPA-eDaB4GM"]Stalin is a saint now[/youtube]

I wish this was a joke, but unfortunately it isn't:

In the Church of St. Olga, this icon was placed. It is depicting Joseph Stalin and Blessed Matrona of Moscow. As legend has it, Stalin would visit her on a regular basis to ask her advice on whether Moscow should be defended against Fascists. Father Evstafy of St. Olga's believes Stalin to be one of the fathers of the country "no matter how bad he was."

The placing of the icon caught the attention of a group called "Communists of St. Petersburg" and they printed around 3000 icons of Stalin alone with a halo around his head, then distributed them to the city.

Due to the scandalous nature of the icon, it was finally removed from the church.

Contemporary Orthodoxy: Saint Joseph Stalin

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
YLJ, Well the STD thing would have happened to you whether you were living under communism or not, so I don't see how it is relevant to anything.

You slut.