Thread: V.I Lenin

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    UWell the STD thing would have happened to you whether you were living under communism or not, so I don't see how it is relevant to anything.

You slut.
    Are you saying that I can't blame communism and communists for everything bad in the world?! :steam:

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Well, as far as VI goes he was obviously an ExTx type, there's no chance he VIs as an ENFJ or any type of introvert. He's clearly at ease among the crowds, and actively doing things in the world (compared to, say, Stalin, a typical introverted leader). Socionics says he's ESTp, and I can see that, but in MBTI terms he would probably have tested as ENTJ.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

I find the following Lenin quote interesting:

"If I keep listening to Beethoven's Appassionata I won't be able to finish the revolution."

As far as I remember I think he once said something similar about looking at flowers, if he would focus too much on the beauty of creation, art etc he would not be able to do the hard, cruel work of revolution. This attitude sounds Tish to me, suppressing your emotions for reaching a higher goal.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Socionics also absurdly lists Vladimir Putin and Osama bin Laden as ENTPs, based on the shape of their nose and the twinkle in their eye or whatever...
    Now that you put it that way, I will agree with ENTP. I don't think we're talking about that realm of socionics, in any case.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I find the following Lenin quote interesting:

"If I keep listening to Beethoven's Appassionata I won't be able to finish the revolution."

As far as I remember I think he once said something similar about looking at flowers, if he would focus too much on the beauty of creation, art etc he would not be able to do the hard, cruel work of revolution. This attitude sounds Tish to me, suppressing your emotions for reaching a higher goal.
    Yes he actually gave up listening to Beethoven altogether because it made seem "soft" for the brutal work of revolution. On at least one occasion he even complained that Russians were too soft and sentimental for such brutalities, hence why much of the real dirty work of the secret police for example were given to non-Russians(Lativans in particular I believe).

Anybody else who thinks Lenin could've been a balanced ISTJ...?

How is Lenin a Te dominant person?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Lenin - ESTP

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    How many of these guys are you gonna claim for ENTP anyway? Can't at least some of the evil overlords be INTJ, huh?
    You got Putin, who's clearly an INTJ. A Tsar Is Born - Person of the Year 2007 - TIME

Reading that article illustrates well that Putin is about as far from ENTP as one can possibly be.......charmless, private, self-assured to the point of arrogance, with little interest in other people except in what he can direct them to do as part of his 'system'. If anything Putin is a walking textbook for INTJ's.

I had a boss that was an INTJ and carried every one of Putin's traits (including his more dictatorial ones).
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmac_46 View Post
    You got Putin, who's clearly an INTJ.
    Putin's type is INTP.