User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: V.I Lenin

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Socionics also absurdly lists Vladimir Putin and Osama bin Laden as ENTPs

and that goes double for Putin
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

Peguy, I'm just saying its possible. I don't really know enough about Lenin's personality to venture an accurate guess... but the xNxJ part makes a lot of sense.

Meta, yeah, Putin seems like a textbook INTJ to me.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

As a former communist, I have read a lot about Mr. Lenin.
    To me he seems like a slightly extroverted character. Definite N-type.
    The fact that he took Marx's ideas and turned them into something practical, his focus upon changing the external world, public speaking and definite leader-status as well as the fits of rage suggests ENFJ, in my eyes.
    I would want to say "ENTJ", because I definitely think I would have liked and admired him, and would want to claim him for the ENTJ camp
    But he had a passion, resolve and love for his cause that I don't think any non-ENFJ can muster.

If you'll excuse me, now I am going to have an idealistic moment and listen to the Soviet national anthem.

?????????? ???? ?????, ????????????!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

[YOUTUBE="LtU3vUOa2sw"]Soviet National anthem in English[/YOUTUBE]

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Sniffles

Well at least you posted the 1944 version, with the original references to Stalin(which were taken out after his death).

Although "the Internationale" was the original Soviet anthem before then, but remained the official anthem of the Communist Party:
    [youtube="fCFibtD3H_k"]Original Soviet anthem[/youtube]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Of course. I don't like the new versions at all

MBTI
    INTJ

YLJ, I grew up in USSR and it fucking sucked.

I know a lot of NTs who have a hard on for communism, because they assume they'd be running the show. Chances are though, you'd be digging a trench in Siberia at the point of a gun, not writing up 5 year plans for the entire nation.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Former communist, dude. Former. My bubble burst when I was like seventeen.
    The ideals and the propaganda are pretty awesome, though.
    The rest kind of sucked, although some things were good on an international scale.
    Like the participation in WWII, without which Europe would probably still be under nazi rule. Etc.

Now, let's not derail this too far. I completely agree with you, i'd probably be digging in Siberia at the point of a lovely Mosin nagant if I lived in Soviet Russia before WWII, and by the point of an AK-47 if I lived there after...
    Anyway. Trenches. Guns. Dying of combined starvation, hypothermia, tuberculosis and God-knows-what. Probably some kind of STD, since I am a notorious slut.

Sniffles

Com'on let's a take a few minutes to venerate St. Uncle Joe:
    [youtube="dPA-eDaB4GM"]Stalin is a saint now[/youtube]

I wish this was a joke, but unfortunately it isn't:

In the Church of St. Olga, this icon was placed. It is depicting Joseph Stalin and Blessed Matrona of Moscow. As legend has it, Stalin would visit her on a regular basis to ask her advice on whether Moscow should be defended against Fascists. Father Evstafy of St. Olga's believes Stalin to be one of the fathers of the country "no matter how bad he was."

The placing of the icon caught the attention of a group called "Communists of St. Petersburg" and they printed around 3000 icons of Stalin alone with a halo around his head, then distributed them to the city.

Due to the scandalous nature of the icon, it was finally removed from the church.

Contemporary Orthodoxy: Saint Joseph Stalin

MBTI
    INTJ

YLJ, Well the STD thing would have happened to you whether you were living under communism or not, so I don't see how it is relevant to anything.

You slut.