User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Charles Darwin?

Darwn was clearly an introvert if the documentray about him that I saw is correct.

He was a huge fan of walking alone through nature/environment just so he can think in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Darwn was clearly an introvert if the documentray about him that I saw is correct.

He was a huge fan of walking alone through nature/environment just so he can think in peace.
    Yeh, extroverts are too busy being at all those parties I don't go to every weekend .

I have to say that origin of species is a very easy read for me as an ENFP. It is very visual/metaphoric and is almost poetic. Maybe articulate would be a good word to describe him. What INTPs write in science journals and at work is quite stop/go by comparison, so I'd rule them out. INTJ I'm not sure about.

If you want him to be an introvert I might be happy with ISTP, INFJ or INFP. I don't quite see the INTJ thing yet. Maybe he was an ISFP or ISFJ even. They like animals. I haven't seen a conclusive argument for any type here so far.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Charles Darwin was an INTP 5w6 so/sp, I think. Now here's why:

INTP - He was obviously very fond of observation, detaching to analyze and then, based upon the gathered information, forming a theory in order to explain the phenomenon which, ironically, was a rather traditional process of discovery that ended up turning the religious paradigm on its head, so he was definately a very radical thinker, making me think he was INTP.

5w6 - He was a rationalist. His theory relied on no superstition or help from God on high, but rather can be explained through purely naturalistic themes where in contrast Einstein, a 5w4, was largely metaphysical in his thinking, his relativity theory being just as much if not more of a philosophy as a workable scientific theory so, based on the differences, I also think he was INTP 5w6.

so/sp - This one I am not as sure about, though I just know that a lot of scientists who challenge the conventional ways of thinking are often social first, and self preservation second, since they also do not share the erotic feelings sometimes evoked by the sexual instinct so, based on that as well, Darwin appears to be INTP 5w6 so/sp.

Feel free to provide counter-arguments if you wish.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

ExTJ...... though the 5w6 may still be accurate.....

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Charles Darwin was an INTP 5w6 so/sp, I think.
    i don't know about so/sp, but i would think this is a very good guess.

i would put marx as intp 5w6 so/sp, but so/sp is clearer based on his social philosophy, his obsession with class, and his critiques of hegel. bc for marx (and what i imagine to be so/sp), in an absence of true sharing, the felt absence of privatized desire, authentic will, sx presence, creates a kind of disfigurement. for my necessary sense of community to be controlled by the private desires of other individuals in ways that undermine the communitarian values that i hold is simply unacceptable. because i will always feel used, rather than a sense of authentic belonging, authentic brotherhood, etc. in the end, i fear that you will always try to take more than your share, claim possession, and grow your own private wealth at the cost of my own. darwin i don't really have that kind of evidence to make a judgment.

furthermore, 5w6 have an appreciable rigor and consistency of inquiry, whereas 5w4, while rigorous in their quest for truth, follow a process that is often far more about themselves. more of a quest for self-mastery as a form of self-expression. 5w6 are the ultimate science-for-the-sake-of-science scientists. i often rely on their work, because it is the most grounded.

and personally, i think 5w6 makes you intp, intj, or istp. the positing as deductive, but actually equally constituting functional explanation to me feels very similar to marx and very similar to the explanations given by the intps i know. they get off on really casting the lure quite far when they are testing a problem. what if this class of stories, and this class of stories, and this class of stories are not the answer? what are the differences between them? what other possibilities could exist? so really, i guess, it's the stories about stories process that seems to create layers of possibility and start to weave together seemingly functional, circular explanation in the form of deductive inference. a necessity to create grand meta-narratives like "evolution" or "historical materialism"

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think INTJ, probably 5w6 (So/Sp maybe?)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Jung mentions him as an example of a extraverted thinking type, I'd say he was INTJ.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Yes, INTP 5w6 So/Sp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    Jung mentions him as an example of a extraverted thinking type, I'd say he was INTJ.
    I agree, he seemed much more evidence based than an INTP
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

INFP