User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Miles Davis - INFJ all the way. DEFINITELY introverted (think his 1975 retirement), definitely intuitive (he was always looking to the future to see how he could change and evolve musically). He was a feeling person because he let strong emotions (such as sadness and anger) overwhelm him. Lastly, I'd say he was a judger because he did stick to his commitments strongly, although he wasn't the biggest judger in the world.

Coltrane, ISFP is possible...But I would think again that he was probably an N overall...INFP then maybe? INFJ also possible, for sure. I think he's either ISFP, INFP or INFJ.

Monk, INFP...I think.

Mingus...Maybe an INTP? Definitely Fe in there, probably introverted thinking.

Herbie Hancock...Probably an INxJ. ??

Bird, INFP.

Bill Evans, INTJ.

Clifford Brown, INFP.

Dizzy Gillespie - ESFP
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

In Miles Davis' interviews, there is a lot to be found. The man was a very interesting character. Very laid-back. Always telling it like it was, or like how he saw it. I just have a very hard time seeing him as anything other than an SP of some sort. Even with his intuitive mind, and skill, I feel a lot of that was grown out of his appreciation of the arts - not so much his actions.

So, I'd say ISFP. Right now, I'm listening to his records...So I got inspired to find this thread and learn more about him on the MBTI side of things while I write.

I thought Coltrane was ISFP too, but Miles I'm not so sure about. Definite introvert, but not sure about the rest.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

People don't want to talk about Miles. I do. ISFP? Totally. Often ISFP is considered that person who is the most extroverted of the introverts, and most socially well adjusted - just by nature. When reading about Miles' past, and his own interpetation of his life, not only his arts, he conducts himself in such a way. Plus, he has a way of being cold and going too far with his "cool". Its crazy.

And I like it. Matter fact, I appreciate it. At the same time, I have a hard time seeing Coltrane being alone that same wavelength in terms of how he conducts himself. MBTI doesn't tell it all. Experiences change people. Personalities can't describe people completely, yet Coltrane seem far more methodical. Even to the point of him being an ISTJ, or ISTP. Even an N can be thrown in there.

It isn't that I don't want to talk about him... The guy's mysterious That's all I'm saying.

I never saw him as very extroverted, even for an introvert.. he could be at shows and completely diss people who paid for tickets.. he'd just stand there and not play.. I remember reading a comment from one of his friends saying he'd do that because he did everything on his own time. That's hardcore.. I don't like entertaining either, but it's pretty extreme if it was your "career" or whatnot and you had paying fans, who meant nothing bad by "expecting" a performance.

Anyways, whatever that is, it's introversion, and probably Fi. Just not sure about S.. He was a pioneer in fusing vastly different motifs and genres and all that, and that could be a tertiary Ni, I guess.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Not you. I'm talking in general. I necrod this thread.

Ah... even so, I didn't really touch on him myself.