User Tag List

12 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default billy corgan from the smashing pumpkins

infj, enfj, infp? or is he in fact a T? entj? intp?

he's an enneagram 4w5. he wrote the lyrics to muzzle and the lyrics to thirty-three. great i understand who i am in this great mindfuck of a world moments. i think he had an abusive childhood.

he is very quick to language when interviewed, excellent writer, seems very comfortable exploring ideas on-the-fly. intensely emotional, suicidal multiple times, etc.

is perceived by most people as a control freak and a controlling prick. is he extroverted or introverted? is he super aggressive in-charge or manipulative judgy chart-the-course.

he can be pretty fucking witty, will take his time in talk-show social situations (like bill maher), and very very dry.

feels j and Ni to me. i get the sense of Fe more than Fi. could be an Fe reversal mode like thom yorke. very Ni Ti. or he could be an intp, too. altho a 4w5 intp.

I feel obligated to respond to this because I've loved Smashing Pumpkins for a while, but God, the guy is so damn off-putting. Ridiculously overstates his self-importance on a very regular basis. He's very F and melodramatic.

I'd go with INFJ if INFJs have it in themselves to be THAT not self-aware.

On an off-topic note, the new "Smashing Pumpkins" (i.e. Billy and 3 random players) album is going to be free but 44 songs. I'd rather just have a real album which is properly self-edited and 14 songs long, because I don't feel like listening to 38 mediocre tracks to find the hidden gems. I mean, the guy hasn't written any good music since 2000 save for maybe two songs. Oh yeah, and the album's title is Teargarden by Kaleidyscope. Hilarious.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

any ideas?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes. I think Corgan... like Marc Bolan, Ray Davies, Damon Albarn, and others... is quite emotional, and expresses himself eloquently, seems fairly certain of himself, more prepared for attack (at least compared to any inp). inps (infps especially) conversation/interviews, draw random ideas from the day's experience, and rather than connect them all to construct a staircase that seems to (simply an example) address some social concern in a more-or-less methodical fashion as an infj might, they'll put so much energy into trying to make a meaningful mess (something out of nothing) that you might hear them repeat the same conjunction 20 times in a 5-10 minute interview.

I definitely think he's infj.

thinking of you

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't know, but he was really cute in the "Disarm" video.

[YOUTUBE="I48jPTL0tA0"]hotness[/YOUTUBE]

I'm guessing INFx?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

For once I find someone who is famous is most likely an N ..
    My Guess is INFP.. possibly ENFP ..

note: anyone who sleeps with Courtney Love is not Fe dom.. esepcially 3 weeks after her husbands death

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

ISFP maybe INFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post

note: anyone who sleeps with Courtney Love is not Fe dom.. esepcially 3 weeks after her husbands death
    Why not Fe?

Maybe that was his way of consoling her.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

INF...not sure on the Fe/Fi or Ne/Ni.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt2lbE74N_8"]billy corgan[/YOUTUBE]
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Oedipa_Maas View Post
    Why not Fe?

Maybe that was his way of consoling her.
    Well maybe because I was joking??.. But lets see.. Sleeping with someone 3 weeks after their husbands death and bragging about it (they both did) does not resonate with adhering to shared values and social norms in our society.It certainly would be considered inappropriate in our society (maybe not the act itself but the bragging) Social norm would dictate at least a pretend period of mourning which normally does not include bragging about who you banged ..
    On the other hand .. maybe he was just trying to console her as you say.. But in these instances usually a hug would suffice..again the bragging part is the key.. had they kept it quiet.. I might be inclined to think it was an act of compassion.. instead I just think it was an act of passion.. and quite poorly timed ..

Fi on the other hand would care less what others thought.
    This act also excludes the possibility of SJ .. since duty would most likely prevent such a event and the after mentioned bragging.. at least until the acceptable period of mourning had expired.

This is just my opinion