User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I've read Creative Evolution, and while there isn't much Fe in that book, it does have a lot of Ni-Ti-Se. So yes, I agree that Bergson was probably an INFJ.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    also, what do you think about hegel? infj, intj, intp? i'm starting to lean toward inj for him as well.
    Out of those choices I'd say INTP.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

incorporating all social theorists?

Gregory Bateson infj
    Kenneth Burke infj
    Mikhail Bakhtin infj
    Jean Baudrillard
    Marshall Mcluahan
    Herbert Mead (intj?)
    Georg Simmel
    Erving Goffman
    Vygotsky
    Georges Bataille
    Pierre Bourdieu (for someone who's ready to pull out hysteresis and habitus, i really should know this shit)
    Michel de Certau
    Henri Lefebvre
    Gaston Bachelard
    Roland Barthes
    Michel Serres
    Bruno Latour
    Paul Ricouer
    Hans Gadamer
    Emmanuelle Levinas
    Maurice Merleau-Ponty
    Edmund Husserl
    Francois Lyotard
    Guy de Bord
    Walter Benjamin
    Max Horkheimer
    Frederic Jameson
    Louis Althusser
    Antonio Gramsci
    Max Clifford
    Clifford Geertz
    IA Richards
    Ernesto Grassi
    Stephin Toulmin infj?
    Emile Durkheim
    Marcel Mauss
    Stuart Hall
    Raymond Williams
    Eric Piaget
    Rolo May
    Abraham Maslow
    Giorgio Agamben
    Guattari
    Hardt
    Negri
    Laclau
    Mouffe
    Jean Luc Nancy
    Ranciere
    Virno
    Nicolis
    Donna Harraway
    Victor Turner
    Rudolph Otto
    Van Der Leeuw
    Peter Berger
    Prigogine

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hitchens as has been succinctly put, is practically the ENTP prototype.
    George Bernard Shaw: Why ENTP? I've seen him usually typed as ENTJ, so I'd be interested to know your reasonings
    Milton: INFP? Really? Could be, but are you really sure?
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Kierkegaard has to be an INFJ. Kierkegaard expressed a vision, not a judgment-- his feelings serve his intuition, not vice versa. His Knight of Faith is clearly the champion ESTP shadow.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Kenneth Burke infj
    My advisor was friends with Kenneth Burke when he was still alive (he's practically in love with the man), and he always tells us these stories about Burke getting drunk and going on near-nonsensical, intuitive rambles. That always made me think he was probably some sort of Ni dom. Well, that and what appears to me to be excessive Ni in his writing.

Plus I mean he's like the savior of rhetoric (at least according to some worshipful people in my department), and what is rhetoric if not Fe? I would be inclined to agree with you that he was probably INFJ.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    My advisor was friends with Kenneth Burke when he was still alive (he's practically in love with the man), and he always tells us these stories about Burke getting drunk and going on near-nonsensical, intuitive rambles. That always made me think he was probably some sort of Ni dom. Well, that and what appears to me to be excessive Ni in his writing.

Plus I mean he's like the savior of rhetoric (at least according to some worshipful people in my department), and what is rhetoric if not Fe? I would be inclined to agree with you that he was probably INFJ.
    i feel myself lean maybe 60/40 on burke being entp vs infj. dramatism = Fe. rhetoric = Fe.

i would be very interested to hear more of your perceptions. mine are very young with regards to burke, i just instantaneously knew he was my favorite rhetorician of all time. i'm using his book on shakespeare for my shakespeare course. what is your program (i seem to have forgotten)?

if i go onto phd, it's gonna be rhet comp, eng-comp lit, or comm-rhet-cultural studies. i still have to figure out how to explain to myself and my advisors why my secretly-auditing 19th century philosophy course is my favorite course out of all of my coursework in my english ma program. something seems askew with that.

anyway, entp or infj- burke feels like home to me like only a few thinkers do (jung, wittgenstein, bateson, and burke). others excite me, but the problems they address aren't as giant for me.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

i feel myself lean maybe 60/40 on burke being entp vs infj. dramatism = Fe. rhetoric = Fe.
    I never considered ENTP. I guess it's possible. I'm still more inclined to say INFJ.

i would be very interested to hear more of your perceptions. mine are very young with regards to burke, i just instantaneously knew he was my favorite rhetorician of all time. i'm using his book on shakespeare for my shakespeare course. what is your program (i seem to have forgotten)?

if i go onto phd, it's gonna be rhet comp, eng-comp lit, or comm-rhet-cultural studies. i still have to figure out how to explain to myself and my advisors why my secretly-auditing 19th century philosophy course is my favorite course out of all of my coursework in my english ma program. something seems askew with that.
    Rhet-comm.

Burke was apparently a really independent, eccentric type of person. Those who seem to love him most are impressed with his devotion to what was essentially legitimate academic work without any official affiliation with an academic institution. He was truly an independent scholar.

Are you in for a terminal ma?

anyway, entp or infj- burke feels like home to me like only a few thinkers do (jung, wittgenstein, bateson, and burke). others excite me, but the problems they address aren't as giant for me.
    I have only read A Grammar of Motives and part of whatever that one is (I forget the fucking title) that talks about "terministic screens" and man as a "symbol using animal," so I'm definitely no Burke guru. From what I've read so far, though, I find him a bit, eh, so so. His ideas are not ground-breaking for me. Especially the goddamn pentad.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Epicurus is an N.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Merleau-Ponty's Phenomenology of Perception has some Ne in it, but it positively drips with Ni. If he wasn't an NJ, he was extremely good at pretending to be.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]