The Lead Singer for Garbage........I'm thinking ISTJ
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I have always thought Shirley is an ENFP. That fire, that passion, that self-assertion...she vaguely reminds me of CaptainChick.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think she's a lowkey enfp.

But yeah, it can be easy to mix up opposites if the person doesn't openly play to their type's stereotypes.

thinking of you

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Not ESFP then?
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I have always thought Shirley is an ENFP. That fire, that passion, that self-assertion...she vaguely reminds me of CaptainChick.
    so says the multi-faceted soul....so it be true.
    I N V I C T U S

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

She is so ST, sorry guys.

I'm gonna say ISTP or ISTJ.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    so says the multi-faceted soul....so it be true.
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post

Hmmm, I'd rather peg her as anything but ISTJ. She fits into the EXXP persona. (IMO, ENFP. She definitely has a major Fi 'march-to-her-own-beat' ambition going on, in an intuitive manner.)

Shirley Manson Interview

Extroversion/Adapting:
    I've got a lot of stamina and I enjoy people, so having lots of people around doesn't freak me out," she shrugs. "Also, I'm not homey, I'm really adaptable, so I'm really well-equipped emotionally to deal with the pressures that come with being in a band."
    Major feeling (esp. Fi):
    When we finally find a coffee shop the girl serving us goes beetrootcoloured and can't even look Shirley in the eyes. Shirley chats easily, including the girl in the conversation, and is effortlessly polite and friendly. We get back in the car and I mention that the girl seemed really freaked out and that is was sweet of Shirley to try and put her at ease. She shrugs and smiles, "I'm very sensitive to how other people are feeling. I think it's a female thing - I want to alleviate any embarrassment or nervousness that they might be suffering.
    ALISON POWELL: Do you consider yourself a rebel?

SHIRLEY MANSON: That's a difficult question, because to consider yourself a rebel is sort of ridiculous. But at the same time, I am well aware that I've always sort of woven my own weave. I mean, I tend to do my own thing, and that usually crosses purposes with everyone around me. It's definitely an intrinsic part of my makeup that makes me want to see black when everyone else is seeing white.

Feburary Interview
    Shirley's all made up and ready to be snapped, but she isn't quite as at ease as she was. She goes very quiet once I front of the camera and mutters to the photographer that she always feels "such a twat" having her picture taken. I decide it's probably best to stay out of her way - from what I've heard, you don't mess with Shirley when she's in a bad mood. Later, back at the hotel - after a much-needed beer - she's cheered up immeasurably, so much so that I feel brave enough to touch on the subject of her famous bad temper.

She understands because Shirley was, and still is, a fan too. She often talks about music being her salvation when she was a depressed, suicidal teenager, and now this notoriously insecure and self-deprecating woman is an idol herself. Scary, huh?

"No, I like being a role model because I know how much comfort my musical idols brought me. I like the feeling that I'm giving young women self-confidence. It sounds so clichéd, but it can be very moving. I get letters from young women who tell me 'I wanted to commit suicide and then I heard your record and it made me feel empowered. Now I'm feeling much better and I'm back at school and getting great grades' and I feel like 'Yes! Let's go girl!'." She jumps in the air, giving an imaginary high five to this fan she's just "saved". This isn't usual pop start monotone reciting how important his/her fans are with all the sincerity of a Tory MP. This is Shirley.
    "I have a temper on me that could hold back tides. It's not something I'm proud of but it exists, and I try and keep it away from people that don't deserve it. There's a side to me that's sweet and nice, but if somebody fucks with me then I'll fuck with them back. And I'll wipe the floor with them. It's as simple as that. I'm not frightened of anybody, I'm not intimidated by anybody, but if everyone is nice to me then I'll be nice back."

So that'll be why people constantly call you stuff like fiery, feisty, tough-talking etc... "If you have any opinions at all or if you're even remotely verbal then they're going to call you fiery. I don't think they can deal with someone being complex and contradictory; it's not acceptable, you have to be a cartoon, a stereotype. I am a contradictory mess but I see it as my prerogative to change my mood like the weather. And nobody's going to make me do otherwise. I've been like this since I was born. You could go back to Edinburgh and ask anybody and they'll tell you that I've always been the same."
    What's so special about Ms Manson is that she doesn't get sucked in by the parties and free coke that many other artists seem so impressed by. "A lot of people these days are not music lovers - they just want to be famous which is a very different thing to what I grew up believing in. A lot of celebrities just want money, fame, power, fancy cars, houses all over the world and have people bow down to them. To me, that's frightful behaviour. A lot of my friends are artists or musicians or single parent families and I'm totally aware of how difficult it is for them to make ends meet. I couldn't feel good about myself hanging out in Armani clothes when my girlfriend can't even pay her heating bill. I'd feel foul and I'd be embarrassed."
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post

I'll agree with ISTJ, it's pretty blatant from interviews. On a related note, I think it's amazing how some can appear to be their opposite types; I see Angelina Jolie typed as ENFJ here, and I think she's STP. That means there is hope for my ESTP alter ego, yet!

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I'll agree with ISTJ, it's pretty blatant from interviews. On a related note, I think it's amazing how some can appear to be their opposite types; I see Angelina Jolie typed as ENFJ here, and I think she's STP. That means there is hope for my ESTP alter ego, yet!
    I know. I think Angelina is an ESTP too. That would make sense with Brad Pitt being an ISTJ.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I'll agree with ISTJ, it's pretty blatant from interviews.
    I think Natalie Portman is a better representative of an ISTJ: calmer, private, equally stubborn, considerably less energetic and certain about showing her personal values, less spontaneous, more diligent/controlled in responding (example: no surprise temper explosions), etc.

I see Angelina Jolie typed as ENFJ here, and I think she's STP.
    As an off-topic point, I agree with the ESTP type for Angelina. She has very-well developed (tertiary) Fe and (inferior) Ni, along with Se and Ti. In her earlier years, she was more of a brash thrill-seeker than she is now.