User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 34

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Socionics doesn't say anything about Ts always being controlled. ESTPs are total loose cannons; are you joking?

    ISTPs are sporadic and uncontrolled during the times when they're interacting with the external world, because they use S for that. The more rigid T takes control during their introverted moments (which, because they are Is, are more numerous than their extroverted moments.)

    His music IS a reflection of himself. Do you listen to his work at all?




    Only when in dominant Ti mode. If they have well-developed secondary Se they can go into crazy external exploration mode pretty easily--hence their reputation for being into extreme sports and other such intense physical experiences. When using secondary Se, they look very, very similar to ESTPs.



    Do you place Eminem as an ISTP?

    ISTP or ISFP

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Patton is no S. I wish he was, but no.

  3. #13
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    ^ Umm...any actual support for that?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Mainly just a vibe I've gotten from him in interviews I've seen/heard with him. He really seems to dislike the music industry as a whole, with a very intellectual disdain. This is all just my opinion of course, but I haven't seen too many S's really give a crap about what other people (people in the industry we are working in) are or aren't doing. Again, I could be wrong, but he just seems more vocal about his dislikes.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    I do think he's an N too. His music alone heavily implies it I'd say.

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Socionics doesn't say anything about Ts always being controlled. ESTPs are total loose cannons; are you joking?

    ISTPs are sporadic and uncontrolled during the times when they're interacting with the external world, because they use S for that. The more rigid T takes control during their introverted moments (which, because they are Is, are more numerous than their extroverted moments.)

    His music IS a reflection of himself. Do you listen to his work at all?


    Ok Sherlock, I never implied how I thought socionics said anything that T's are more controlled, I was referring to how I don't follow MBTI functions because I think they are wrong. Secondly I also never implied that I thought his music was not a reflection of himself I said that if he is an "F" then to me the sporadic and uncontrollable nature of his music would represent himself as being an "F", he even said in one of his interviews that he just loves going out there and yelling at top of his lungs.Now in socionics an ISTPS primary function is "Si" and creative function is"Te" but an ISFPs primary is "Si" and creative function "Fe", now if he was an ISFP I could make the argument that his uncontrollable and sporadic music is his ability to change peoples feelings and emotions "Fe". Which is why I think he is ISFP. Sherlock if you read descriptions of ISTPs, especially during times of "interacting with the external" you would notice how the "T" does actually come into place, and not just during during introverted moments. For example ISTPS are known to be more in control with their feelings and emotions during times of crisis and pressure. While ISFPs tend to blow up, over perform or underpreform due to the exemption of their behavior.ESTPS are known to burn their energy or hype themselves up before hand due to anticipation of an event or stressful situation There are articles that claim how ISTPs are ideal at sports because of this. So no not all "SPs" are similar in their behavior. Now I could care less of whether he actually is a "T" or "F" or an "E" i think you have weak points in your argument.

  7. #17
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    ^ Ok no, that's also completely wrong.

    Check up on your theory, Holmes.


    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    Mainly just a vibe I've gotten from him in interviews I've seen/heard with him. He really seems to dislike the music industry as a whole, with a very intellectual disdain. This is all just my opinion of course, but I haven't seen too many S's really give a crap about what other people (people in the industry we are working in) are or aren't doing. Again, I could be wrong, but he just seems more vocal about his dislikes.
    Why is it that you people all think Sensors can't be smart, intellectual or self-aware?

    That's ridiculous. "Omg he makes complex music must be an N!!" is retarded.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Ok no, that's also completely wrong.

    Check up on your theory, Holmes.

    You're just basing your opinion on theory which doesn't hold 100% true meaning anyways since typing is fundamentally based on subjective opinion. Why else do you think there is a conflict of opinion between MBTI and socionics.

  9. #19
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    Mainly just a vibe I've gotten from him in interviews I've seen/heard with him. He really seems to dislike the music industry as a whole, with a very intellectual disdain. This is all just my opinion of course, <b> but I haven't seen too many S's really give a crap about what other people (people in the industry we are working in) are or aren't doing. </b> Again, I could be wrong, but he just seems more vocal about his dislikes.
    I'm going to strongly disagree with this. Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald were both SP (ESTP and ISxP, respectively) writers, and they were both very snobbish and critical about other people's writing, including each others. They both definitely had intellectual disdain for what they didn't consider "real art."

    My ex is an ISFP and he's a total film snob, and looks down on people who like mainstream Hollywood movies.

    Ss can be intellectual snobs, they're just usually different with their focus on what, how, and why they criticize than Ns.

    I also strongly suspect that Eminem is an S, and he makes a living on criticizing the society around around him.

  10. #20
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    In terms of behaviour, roughly: Ti = controlled, Se = uncontrolled.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

Similar Threads

  1. Video: ISTP: Mike
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 07:13 PM
  2. [ISTP] ISTP Sites
    By sassafrassquatch in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 09:30 AM
  3. [ISTP] ISTPs... I have a question.
    By INTJMom in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 03:19 PM
  4. [ISTP] ISTP description for hiddenpsyche
    By meanlittlechimp in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 02:41 PM
  5. [ISTP] Question for ISTPs on a painful/awkward issue...
    By anii in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO