User Tag List

First 456

Thread: The Beatles?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    ENTPs have the thickest skin of any type? So Ne connects everything in the environment, Fe makes it difficult to ignore public opinion, and that equals a thick skin? Compared to Fs, maybe.

ENTPs are probably the most resilient because it's easy for us to recover and maintain perspective after a blow, but that doesn't mean the blow doesn't happen.
    Yes this is exactly what I mean. ENTP's are not nearly as sensitive as F's (or IxTx types either), and on top of that they tend to recover pretty quickly from criticism or insult. John was admittedly sensitive and easily wounded. That doesn't fit the description of ENTP nearly as well as it fits ENFP.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    From the documentaries Ive seen on John he seemed very ENTJ to me.

He had these grand visions and he worked hard to accomplish them.
    That's not particluarly the domain of the ENTJs. Plenty of ENxPs have worked hard and accomplished a lot too. In the early years it was John who was the leader of the band but Paul was equally forceful. John could be pretty lazy and it was always Paul that was getting everyone together to record or cheerleading for the next tour, etc. And by the time of Sgt. Pepper John had started to lose interest so Paul stepped forward to fill the power vacuum for the rest of the time the band was together.

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Not to mention his unwavering support (early on) for Harry Nilsson, an infp. Rarely do you hear about entps working with infps.
    Why not? Maybe they just liked each other's music. He worked with Bowie and Elton John too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    From the documentaries Ive seen on John he seemed very ENTJ to me.

He had these grand visions and he worked hard to accomplish them.
    Oh my bad, I forgot only Js work hard and accomplish things.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

George is the only Beatle I like.

He was the only one that wasn't in it for his ego.

He was the only one who wasn't in it to make claims.

He was in for the music and what it represents.

Fuck Lennon. Fuck McCartney.

While the other three Beatles were sitting back smoking doobies and dropping acid realing in the big bucks, Harrison was over in India forming a real one on one connection with a high being; transcending the acid and weed and the money and the reputation.

Harrison was so high.

Fuck the rest.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    George is the only Beatle I like.

He was the only one that wasn't in it for his ego.

He was the only one who wasn't in it to make claims.

He was in for the music and what it represents.

Fuck Lennon. Fuck McCartney.

While the other three Beatles were sitting back smoking doobies and dropping acid realing in the big bucks, Harrison was over in India forming a real one on one connection with a high being; transcending the acid and weed and the money and the reputation.

Harrison was so high.

Fuck the rest.
    All right this strikes me as trolling, first off...but in any event:

You are aware that McCartney recorded 90% of the lead guitar on Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band because George was too fucked up on acid to bother?

I'd say McCartney was the one with the fewest exterior motives...what else is ESFP going to be in it for?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    All right this strikes me as trolling, first off...but in any event:

You are aware that McCartney recorded 90% of the lead guitar on Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band because George was too fucked up on acid to bother?

I'd say McCartney was the one with the fewest exterior motives...what else is ESFP going to be in it for?
    How is it trolling if I am display my honest perceptions and opinions?

You probably know more about the Beatles that I ever will, but as far as I have perceived them to this point, my judgments stand.

edit: Plus, I don't find any message behind Paul. He wasn't as real to me as George is.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    How is it trolling if I am display my honest perceptions and opinions?

You probably know more about the Beatles that I ever will, but as far as I have perceived them to this point, my judgments stand.

edit: Plus, I don't find any message behind Paul. He wasn't as real to me as George is.
    I dunno, maybe it wasn't trolling...it just sounded like a joke.

Anyway, Paul doesn't have a message--that's the point. He was in it purely because he enjoyed writing and performing music; he had no agenda beyond that and I think that's very respectable.

Paul: ESFP
    John: ENTJ
    George: INFP
    Ringo: amusing (ENTP or ESTP are okay)
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

after watching the U.S vs John Lennon, i was convinced john lennon was ENTJ.
    it's just the way he dragged people around on his mission, especially yoko. the way he seemed to be yelling when he was talking/debating which is an NTJ trait. plus, my eNTJ father is a huge fan of his music, who he was and what he stood for (reason, ingeniuity, independant though, etc).

yep, I'm pretty certain he is ENTJ too. I know an ENTJ well, and after watching Lennon for a while everything from his expressions and reactions to his style of silliness seem very similar to my friend.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.