User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: The Beatles?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    He's admitted in interviews that his brash and confrontational exterior was a cover because inside he was sensitive and easily wounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    That's also true of numerous NTPs.
    No it isn't true of ENTPs at all. ENTPs have some of the thickest skin of any type. They are not easily wounded. That is one way to tell an ENFP and ENTP apart. One is easily wounded while the other is not. One will get defensive (ENFP) while the other is just plain offensive (ENTP).
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    No it isn't true of ENTPs at all. ENTPs have some of the thickest skin of any type. They are not easily wounded. That is one way to tell an ENFP and ENTP apart. One is easily wounded while the other is not. One will get defensive (ENFP) while the other is just plain offensive (ENTP).

ENTPs have the thickest skin of any type? So Ne connects everything in the environment, Fe makes it difficult to ignore public opinion, and that equals a thick skin? Compared to Fs, maybe.

ENTPs are probably the most resilient because it's easy for us to recover and maintain perspective after a blow, but that doesn't mean the blow doesn't happen.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Umm I'm not sure if you actually believe that or just don't want to admit otherwise, but no, ENTPs are not nearly as outwardly confident as the image they project.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Don't be fooled by Lennon. He was Hella-Arrogant. Sorry to soil your opinion of him. Go read a book on him. The OP was right in typing him NT. I'm pretty sure he's an xNTJ.

Paul seems like an ESFP, Ringo an ISTJ maybe (I don't know a lot about him), and George an INFP.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ You've got Ringo and George backwards. George is a blatant INFJ; Ringo is very clearly ISFP.

I don't want to sound like a dick or anything, but I'm rather obsessed with the Beatles and have read a pretty extraordinary amount of information on them, as well as studying their songwriting technique and cultural influence in depth.

I've read a number of books and watched a shitload of interviews, and the following suggestions are all utterly ridiculous:

--John as a J
    --Ringo as a J
    --George as a P
    --John as an F

If you know your typology and you're truly obsessed with the Beatles, none of the above are even remotely plausible.

(You could argue for John as INTP or Paul as ISFP, and though I still don't agree with those reads, they're at least somewhat plausible...the rest are just not.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Paul - Artisan
    John - Idealist
    George - Rational
    Ringo - Guardian
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

From the documentaries Ive seen on John he seemed very ENTJ to me.

He had these grand visions and he worked hard to accomplish them.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ You've got Ringo and George backwards. George is a blatant INFJ; Ringo is very clearly ISFP.

I don't want to sound like a dick or anything, but I'm rather obsessed with the Beatles and have read a pretty extraordinary amount of information on them, as well as studying their songwriting technique and cultural influence in depth.

I've read a number of books and watched a shitload of interviews, and the following suggestions are all utterly ridiculous:

--John as a J
    --Ringo as a J
    --George as a P
    --John as an F

If you know your typology and you're truly obsessed with the Beatles, none of the above are even remotely plausible.

(You could argue for John as INTP or Paul as ISFP, and though I still don't agree with those reads, they're at least somewhat plausible...the rest are just not.)
    I can't argue anything you said except the Lennon being an F. I honestly can't see it. He was an arrogant prick, which is my completely honest opinion, and he seemed way too motivated and edgy to be an F. You can't tell F or T through his music or his set of ideals. It boils down to the character that he was. You can have imaginative and visionary NTs. But you probably know more than I do, so I'll keep this my opinion. It shouldn't become an argument or anything..after all..who really knew him? No one at TypoC. So maybe we can agree to disagree.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post

He has these grand visions and he works hard to accomplish them.
    NO JOKE.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post

He has these grand visions and he works hard to accomplish them.
    Not to mention his unwavering support (early on) for Harry Nilsson, an infp. Rarely do you hear about entps working with infps. More often I get entjs coming after me.

That's drawing a pretty hard line about George being a j. The guy didn't like to work, didn't care about order, touring, talking, getting up to shit, etc. I still think intp.

thinking of you