User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: The Beatles?

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i'm now convinced about entp as well. the interviews online feel more entp than anything else. DEFINITELY not infp, i don't know how that makes any sense. i think everyone assumes any E4 type is automatically an infp, but i'm guessing entp 4w3. also, he's a prick, but i'm becoming more sympathetic.

at least dick cavett is an N, the rest of the questioners, jesus christ, i'd go crazy too. i kinda dig yoko, they seem like a fucking awesome couple.

george i see as ifj, i can't decide on infj or isfj. or explain the traveling wilburys and all his isfp friends. he could be an isfp, but there are other infj songwriters who end up making nice with the isfp songwriters too. feel at home for some reason.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    also, he's a prick, but i'm becoming more sympathetic.
    Heh, why so?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Heh, why so?
    this question is why infjs are infjs and entps are entps.

i get his purpose and mostly dig it, but at the same time, it is difficult for me to treat others the way he does. it's more blatant using people's feelings to manipulate them, get what you want, prove a point, make a fool of them, etc.

entps are oh so often in love with spectacle.

infjs prefer less aggression. aggression = prick.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

this question is why infjs are infjs and entps are entps.

i get his purpose and mostly dig it, but at the same time, it is difficult for me to treat others the way he does. it's more blatant using people's feelings to manipulate them, get what you want, prove a point, make a fool of them, etc.

entps are oh so often in love with spectacle.

infjs prefer less aggression. aggression = prick.
    Ok. *shrug* I thought it was some act in particular.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Despite his brash and somewhat confrontational public persona he was actually quite introverted and famously reclusive. During the 1960s when McCartney was running around swinging London, John was content to stay home with his family in the suburbs. I'd grant that he could be between E and I though.

I say he's an NF because of his love of word-play and the fact that he was quite gifted lyically. Usually NF tendencies.
    Being gifted with word play and lyrics is absolutely not any more NF than it is NT. That's ridiculous.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Being gifted with word play and lyrics is absolutely not any more NF than it is NT. That's ridiculous.
    Well you're entitled to your opinion as am I. But the preponderance of writers being NFs suggests otherwise.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Nice argument above for John as entp.

george i see as ifj, i can't decide on infj or isfj. or explain the traveling wilburys and all his isfp friends. he could be an isfp, but there are other infj songwriters who end up making nice with the isfp songwriters too. feel at home for some reason.
    Why not intp? Certainly lazy enough to have a pness. He was close with Eric Clapton, and isn't Petty intp? I have a good intp friend who is both a computer science major and into the spiritual/mythical without engraving a single theology on his forehead, so dreamy intps do exist.

thinking of you

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

petty and clapton are isfp i thought? he doesn't have the intp eyes. i see Fe all over the place, not Fi. and j introverted perception as dominant function. he's uncomfortable whenever i see him talking. eastern spiritualism (particularly japanese and chinese, not necessarily hindu) was made for and by Ni doms. i don't see Ti dom.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I've looked into John's background the most, and I've also watched some interviews with him, and I'm convinced he's ENFP. It's true he's a lot like an ENTP, but he's got so much NF in him I can't really see how anyone can deny it. "Imagine" is an NF song, so is "Give Peace a Chance", and there are a lot of other songs where it comes through. Also he would do stuff like "love ins" and just go around promoting the word "peace" without much of a well thought out and developed message. It's a whole lot of NF and not too much T.

I still really like his music, but he's an ENFP.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I've looked into John's background the most, and I've also watched some interviews with him, and I'm convinced he's ENFP. It's true he's a lot like an ENTP, but he's got so much NF in him I can't really see how anyone can deny it. "Imagine" is an NF song, so is "Give Peace a Chance", and there are a lot of other songs where it comes through. Also he would do stuff like "love ins" and just go around promoting the word "peace" without much of a well thought out and developed message. It's a whole lot of NF and not too much T.

I still really like his music, but he's an ENFP.
    Wayne Coyne (entp) has pulled the peace schtick plenty, I wouldn't rule out Stimulated's argument.

thinking of you