• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft Classes (matching archetypes with archetypes)

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Ah. I see. Have fun grinding for a million hours. :yes:

It gets better. The quest quality in the blood elf / dreinei starting areas are equivalent to the L60-70 quests in outland, and the death knight quests are equivalent to the L70-80 ones in northrend.

Unfortunately, any race other than those are stuck doing crap all until 6 then they can go to the other's starting areas since the first 6 levels are race-specific.

Since the announcement of death knights I'd figured they were going to overhaul the starting quests though... it's pretty bad when one of the key selling points of a game is yeu don't have to play it. "Get wrath of the lich king! Srsly! Yeu can skip levels 1-58!"

Which just goes to show they know the older content made years ago just isn't that interesting. Sadly, it had to be made that way because people would've refused it otherwise, when all they knew was everquest quality junk.

So to warn yeu, the grind as a blood elf from 20-58 kinda sucks compared to the starting 20 levels. After that though it picks up again.

When Cataclysm comes out, they're overhauling the entire 1-60 area of the world to make it less mind numbingly CRAP. This should fix alot of early players problems.

It's not nearly as bad a grind once yeu hit outland, and yeu barely even notice in northrend.

They just need a bit more time to finish fixing the old quests to make them as fun as the northrend ones during leveling =3

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
When I started my troll shaman, I could hardly bear to grind via questing so I started doing what I never thought I'd do -- PvP. Once I accepted dying all the time it got kinda fun.

Now that she's lvl 70 I'm having to grind for gold so I can fly in Northrend. I'm going to be picking thousands and thousands of flowers. :cry:

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
It gets better. The quest quality in the blood elf / dreinei starting areas are equivalent to the L60-70 quests in outland, and the death knight quests are equivalent to the L70-80 ones in northrend.

Unfortunately, any race other than those are stuck doing crap all until 6 then they can go to the other's starting areas since the first 6 levels are race-specific.

Since the announcement of death knights I'd figured they were going to overhaul the starting quests though... it's pretty bad when one of the key selling points of a game is yeu don't have to play it. "Get wrath of the lich king! Srsly! Yeu can skip levels 1-58!"

I did find it strange that Death Knights started off at a higher level.
Which just goes to show they know the older content made years ago just isn't that interesting. Sadly, it had to be made that way because people would've refused it otherwise, when all they knew was everquest quality junk.

I did find it strange that Death Knights started off at a higher level.

So to warn yeu, the grind as a blood elf from 20-58 kinda sucks compared to the starting 20 levels. After that though it picks up again.

When Cataclysm comes out, they're overhauling the entire 1-60 area of the world to make it less mind numbingly CRAP. This should fix alot of early players problems.

It's not nearly as bad a grind once yeu hit outland, and yeu barely even notice in northrend.

They just need a bit more time to finish fixing the old quests to make them as fun as the northrend ones during leveling =3

The game became boring for me. Especially the: [find (x) amount of (y) and (z) by killing mobs] and the [pick (x) amount of (y)] quests.

Near the end of my WoWcrack addiction, I just raided and did PvP mindlessly. I grew tired of those also, as all of my teammates were imbeciles.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, to get back on topic -- I love playing my Shaman even more than my Druid and I'm an INFJ, so whatever that means. :D

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Well, to get back on topic -- I love playing my Shaman even more than my Druid and I'm an INFJ, so whatever that means. :D

I'm having a hard time with that one... I loves the kitty druid... but shammanies get dual wield claws... and totems... and FROST SHOCK! And if yeu kill them... they self resurrect... AND THEN THEY CAST FROST SHOCK!

Srsly, how can yeu go wrong with FROST SHOCK!?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm having a hard time with that one... I loves the kitty druid... but shammanies get dual wield claws... and totems... and FROST SHOCK! And if yeu kill them... they self resurrect... AND THEN THEY CAST FROST SHOCK!

Srsly, how can yeu go wrong with FROST SHOCK!?
I stink at melee, so I usually grouped as a tree and soloed moonkin.

Shammy is a lot of fun in PvP, for sure. earthbind totem and frost shock are mighty nice. :yes:

Exodus

MBTI Type
NeTi
The new goblin race screams ENTP lol.

Goblin_Sapper_by_joeartguy.jpg

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I know this is an old thread. Just want to share my opinion!
Feedback please..

Alliance:

Humans: Would say XSTJ
Dwarves: ESFP
Nightelves: INFP
Gnomes: ESTJ, INTP
Draenei: EXFJ
Worgen: XSTP

Horde:

Orcs: ESTP
Undead: INTJ
Tauren: ISFX
Trolls: XSTP
Goblins: ENTP

Pandaren: EXFP (maybe?)

Classes:

Warrior: ESTP
Paladin ESTJ
Hunter: ISTP
Rogue: Don't know, maybe EXTX
Priest: INFJ
Deathknight: ESTP
Shaman: ISFX
Mage: INTP
Warlock: INTJ
Druid: Maybe IXFX
Monk: No idea, but I think similiar to Priest

Tanks would be more extroverted. http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=203921/mbti-personality-types-and-class-role-selection
ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP, and ENFP

Healers would be more introverted and Feeling: ISFJ, INFJ, INFP, and ISFP.

Melees: ESTJ, ENTJ, ENTP, and ESTP.

And Range: ISTJ, INTJ, INTP, and ISTP.

I play 3 characters: A Worgen DK, A Human Mage and a Worgen Hunter. If I would follow my MBTI description I would be a Nightelf Druid Healer (Sec: Moonkin).
But it's more important to me to have fun at playing the classes I've chosen.

Greetings!

Last edited:

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was always a dark elf priest (cleric), although did play ranger (hunter) for a while. I picked my race because it was the most attractive, not bc I identified with one lol.

Classes that bored me to bits: Tanks, mages (die so easily).

I also played Everquest about a year before WoW came out...oops showing my age. By the time WoW came out, I couldn't play such an addicting game anymore.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was always a dark elf priest (cleric)

According to the OP list, I'm surprised you play your character archetype. I must have spent a good portion of my time on wow playing warrior in both pvp and pve settings. Second favorite would be shaman; for the micro-managing aspect of the class and the challenge.

Everquest... those were the good ole days. Spending hours for corpse retrievals and dungeon camping, heh. The game had really great music. The game had this campy nostalgic feel to it. Then it got too repetitive after awhile. Even for an MMO. Everquest 2 wasn't that much different.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could never be a tank, and I tried Shaman...but didn't like it. Being a cleric in EQ guaranteed a group, so it had that going. As for PvE...no way in Hell, people were ruthless. I couldn't get into to hard core RPG, but thought they were entertaining to watch.

Why would it surprise you that I was a cleric?

I never played EQ2.

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depending on the time you played wow, warriors could either play tank or dps. On certain patches, warriors were pushing dps higher than the biggest damage dealing classes, up until they got nerfed... then buffed... then nerfed again. You get the idea. There was a point when blizzard didn't know what to do with warriors or even shadow-priests.

Getting a group after wrath of the lich king was easy for all classes. All you had to do was be on group queue where ever you were in the wow universe and checked what role you wanted to play in the group, and when all 5 or so people in the queue was ready, they'd teleport you all to the instance (dungeon).

I'm surprised because, personally speaking, I play games to be out of character. Or perhaps playing in-your-face classes is more fitting of my alter-ego... who knows. I just thought more of our type would engage with Ne in this manner.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depending on the time you played wow, warriors could either play tank or dps. On certain patches, warriors were pushing dps higher than the biggest damage dealing classes, up until they got nerfed... then buffed... then nerfed again. You get the idea. There was a point when blizzard didn't know what to do with warriors or even shadow-priests.

Getting a group after wrath of the lich king was easy for all classes. All you had to do was be on group queue where ever you were in the wow universe and checked what role you wanted to play in the group, and when all 5 or so people in the queue was ready, they'd teleport you all to the instance (dungeon).

I'm surprised because, personally speaking, I play games to be out of character. Or perhaps playing in-your-face classes is more fitting of my alter-ego... who knows. I just thought more of our type would engage with Ne in this manner.

LOL, well maybe I'm not an INFP since I played a cleric 11 years ago. :uwin:

People play those games to escape reality. Has nothing to do with type.

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL, well maybe I'm not an INFP since I played a cleric 11 years ago. :uwin:

People play those games to escape reality. Has nothing to do with type.

I think you misconstrued my point.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

For me, both for RPGs and in MMOs, I usually play characters unlike myself. In MMOs, I actually favor mages less and fighters/rogues/archers more. (My real-life engagement style is nicer and less risky. I typically sit back, analyze, then make decisions; in game, I take more active roles.)

But I'll play all types in a game at some point, just to understand the capabilities of each; it helps me play one type better if I understand how it fits with others.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
When I played WoW, my favorite classes were Druid (Balance), Paladin (Protection) and Priest (Discipline). In that order, and I never really liked Horde. They're just an edgy freak show.

G

Ginkgo

Gameplay wise, I enjoyed Mage>Rogue>Shaman during WotLK. It's been so long that the patches and updates would probably alter my preferences at this point. One way or another, I'd probably enjoy rogue for PvP.

For the Horde etc. \m/